Last post on Jun 05, 2006 at 1:36 PM
You are in the Audi A3
What is this discussion about?
Audi A3, Audi A4, Wagon
#11 of 15 Very nice event...
May 09, 2006 (12:16 am)
Test drove the Q7 along the streets of Beverly Hills. Seems like a lot of drivers were gawking at the Q7. The Audi rep and I were laughing. The Q7 is not my type of vehicle. It's huge, a gas guzzler, and I generally hate large SUVs. The moonroof was large but the shade was so disappointing. It looks like it will be a problem. I did not test any other Audi since I just got the car that I want, my A3 2.0T DSG, two weeks ago. The Q7 is the anti-A3. Not very nimble at all. I was able to convince two people to get the A3 2.0T!!!
The catering was superb though! Especially the desserts! Kudos to Wolfgang Puck.
May 19, 2006 (1:48 pm)
I did this here in chicago. We did the Q7 drive on the streets, but all the other drives were on a track ( parking lot with cones ). Here are some general observations:
1) Audi seems to be trying to make a lifestyle statement. There was lots of (excellent!) free food, massages, entertainment, etc. Driving the cars doesn't seem to be the real focus.
2) The q7 simply isn't for me. It also doesn't feel as powerful as it is supposed to be, i think because the tranny downshifts so slloooowwwlllyyyyy. I suppose i could use it if i had tons of people & stuff to haul, but how many buyers really do?
3) The rs4 is a hoot, wish i could have driven it, instead of just being a passenger.
4) Drove the a6. The brakes/throttle are very touchy. Was very dissapointed. This car is NO five series, even when driven at 7/10. Girlfriend hated it because it is not "short friendly."
5) Also drive the tt. Had driven a boxster recently, the tt is _no_ competition. Nose heavy, etc.
6) My girlfriend drove the stick a3 2.0T. Think she got the best car of the day. She drove over a whole row of cones. I was _very_ amused.
May 19, 2006 (3:33 pm)
It's fun to hear how others saw this Audi event..thnx for sharing!
I hope Audi learns from SOT as well, and will take a more "Lexus" attitude towards treating their customers, and in making their vehicles more reliable.
Jun 05, 2006 (1:36 pm)
My thoughts on the RS4 thread, as this one seems to have died. All in all, Audi did a fantastic job at the event in Dallas. First class all the way.