Last post on Dec 16, 2009 at 3:25 PM
You are in the Lexus GS 450h
What is this discussion about?
Lexus GS 450h, Hybrid Cars, Car Leasing, Car Buying, Sedan
#22 of 69 any imput..prices paid
Sep 29, 2006 (7:24 am)
I have found an offer for 2007 gs450h, black on black with power active vehicle stabilization, run flat tires,mark lev. audio, nav, pre-collision, spoiler etc msrp $65,919.00 $5,917 off for a price of $59,995.00
what do you guys think? I currently have a Infinti 2003m45 which the lease is up....p.s. I will lease and the money factor I'm getting is .00285 which seems a little high to me....55%residual...
#23 of 69 What is the current lease offer?
Jan 13, 2007 (1:58 pm)
I'm about to lease a 450h and I know there is a special lease rate in effect until April 2, 2007. But the Lexus web site only mentions that there is a special offer, without providing any details. The dealer I'm leasing from says the special money factor is 0.00255, which translates into 6% APR, as opposed to the normal rate of 0.0028, which translates to 6.7%. The 6% rate does not appear to be special at all! Does anyone have any information on the actual offer?
By the way, I'm getting a fantastic price on a demo vehicle with 500 miles on it. The MSRP is $60,200 and I'm getting it for below invoice: $53,000.
#24 of 69 Re: What is the current lease offer? [dulnev]
by kyfdx@Edmunds HOST
Jan 13, 2007 (7:47 pm)
We have a forum just for lease questions.. If you post there, I think Car_man could give you a definitive answer..
Lexus GS 450h: Lease Questions
#25 of 69 Excellent Car all round.. poor usablity on the Glass Dash
Jan 17, 2007 (4:53 pm)
I have the car now since Christmas (2007 BLK / BLK) paid $60K.Fully loaded, Run Flat, Mark L. Sound, Nav, the works. I also have a GS400 for my wife. We gave up the 1995 LS400 for this car. Now that I have over 2000 miles on it (Holiday Road trip and plenty city) here is my report card:
Hybrid Tech A+++ - Works great - Seamless at any speed
Looks: A++++ -
Performance: A++ - Faaaaast is an understatment
Usablity of Glass Dash: D to C- : Useless Voice input, poor help (no list of what to say on screen, manual does not even list everything?? I have seen it displayed but not listed..beleive me I have looked, lock out of features on most items, song list of CD's (Only can play MP3 CD's (255 song limit) NO DVD MP3 even though it is a DVD changer.) Radio list remains at speed (why is this so different than a CD list I have no idea.
If there was a feature that is not worth the money it is glass dash with Nav. You can buy a NUVI for $400 that you can use when you need it. My Sister has a 2007 Acura MDX and they have it right when it comes to the Glass Dash. You can use the features as expected. Lexus (Toyota) has take conservative to a new level. I am VERY dissapointed with the usablity of the cabin features. I hope there is a software update coming soon or I will be an unhappy customer in the long run. I hope they take some lesson from Acura on this.
As long as you just want to drive the car and know where you are going and know what you want to listen to on the 300W $2000 sound system before you start driving then this car is perfect for you. Until that software update arrives. The cabin usablity now matches the trunk.. short changed...
LC - Boca Raton
#26 of 69 2007 GS450h demo with 3K miles: what discount should I expect
Feb 24, 2007 (8:02 am)
I'm looking at a 2007 GS450h demo model with 3000 miles. Can anyone give me an idea as to what sort of discount I should expect to receive?
Just hate the price negotiation game...
#27 of 69 Re: 2007 GS450h demo with 3K miles: what discount should I expect [argelius
Feb 24, 2007 (11:31 am)
I purchased a GS 450h from Rallye Lexus in Glen Cove, New York a month ago. It was a "manager's demo" car with only 495 miles on it. The MSRP was $60,170 and I got the car for $53,000, which is about $300 below factory invoice. As far as I know, they had more GS 450h that they were willing to sell for around the same amount.
However, in my area (Washington DC area) dealerships do not discount 450h more than just a $1,000-$2,000 and have no more than one or two in stock.
#28 of 69 Re: 2007 GS450h demo with 3K miles: what discount should I expect [argelius]
Feb 24, 2007 (7:27 pm)
What ever you do PLEASE do yourself a favor and REALLY understand what you are expecting for a user experience while using the Nav, DVD and other features of this car. They are AWFUL.. at best.. I have this car now and have put 3500 miles on it and every moment.. I mean every moment I try to use this stuff NOTHING is there as you would hope it. You learn how to use it while parked.. it is GREAT.. start to drive.. it all changes.. I drive my car to use it. I think most other people do too. Lexus has yet to address this and I will NEVER recommend these feature to anyone. The car in general is very cool. Hybrid REALLY works well. 23 city 33 highway.. but these lock out features detrack from the user experience immensley. Good luck.. and hopefully this will get fixed. I have promised myself to move away from this brand after this car. Too many other good manuf. are getting the message that we like to enjoy our cars and let us decide what we want to use after we paid good money for it. Take a look at Acura.. you will be pleased.
LC Boca Raton
#29 of 69 2,000 mile update
Mar 20, 2007 (6:05 am)
Similar to "LC Boca Raton" I've been very disappointed with some of the user features of the GS, specifically the voice recognition, Bluetooth and Navigation lock-out when driving, and some others.
I want to report that I've come to live with these quite well. Here's my current opinion:
1. Voice recognition. Since the accuracy of the recognition software is so low that it's unusable, I now come to think of GS as not having ANY kind of voice recognition at all. This is disappointing given the state of voice recognition software used by Acura and Infiniti, but it's just as crappy as BMW, which was my second choice for a car.
2. Navigation system lockout while driving is still a nuisance, but I've simply learned to stop to program the destination, or do it before I drive off from home/office. The fact that the Navi offers several presets for commonly used destinations (home, office, etc.) that can be accessed with two button clicks while driving, is a mitigating factor.
3. Lockout of the dialing pad of the Bluetooth system while driving does not bother me at all anymore. The reason is that I can bring up the Speed dial screen with a touch of a single button on the steering wheel. I can have 18 speed dials programmed, which is more than enough for me. Another nice feature is that I can dial on my phone, or use its directory to bring up a name, and as soon as I hit the Send button on the phone, the call goes through the car's Bluetooth system automatically. In my previous car (Acura TL) I had to say "Transfer" several times to handle the call this way.
4. Since I pretend that there is no voice recognition, I am no longer bothered by the fact that Lexus failed to include a printed list of voice commands with the manuals.
5. I've eventually found all the features that I need in the Navigation system, including the ability to review the route directions before setting off or during the drive. I find the Navigation to be of very high quality and accuracy, and the maps seem quite good. The screen resolution is fantastic.
The above statements go to my previous complaints. As far as things that I love about the car: the power, the refinement, ergonomics, etc.; I'm falling more and more in love with this car. I feel I made a great choice and got a great value.
#30 of 69 Price for a new Lexus 2007 GS450h
Mar 26, 2007 (6:47 pm)
I have been looking for a fully loaded GS350 RWD but decided to wait for the 2008 GS350 RWD.
But this afternoon I was offered a new 2007 GS450h for $67,000 (OTD- Southern California)- Smokey Granite Mica w/ Black Interior.
2007 GS 450h
Exterior Color: Smokey Granite
Interior Color: Black
Black Kit: $695.00
XM Radio: $1,695.00
$73,227.00 Plus Fees
What shall I do?
At least I know it is under invoice and into that coveted "2% Holdback".
San Pedro, CA