Last post on Dec 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM
You are in the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences
What is this discussion about?
Lexus GS 450h, Hybrid Cars, Car Leasing, Car Buying, Sedan
#27 of 69 Re: 2007 GS450h demo with 3K miles: what discount should I expect [argelius
Feb 24, 2007 (12:31 pm)
I purchased a GS 450h from Rallye Lexus in Glen Cove, New York a month ago. It was a "manager's demo" car with only 495 miles on it. The MSRP was $60,170 and I got the car for $53,000, which is about $300 below factory invoice. As far as I know, they had more GS 450h that they were willing to sell for around the same amount.
However, in my area (Washington DC area) dealerships do not discount 450h more than just a $1,000-$2,000 and have no more than one or two in stock.
#28 of 69 Re: 2007 GS450h demo with 3K miles: what discount should I expect [argelius]
Feb 24, 2007 (8:27 pm)
What ever you do PLEASE do yourself a favor and REALLY understand what you are expecting for a user experience while using the Nav, DVD and other features of this car. They are AWFUL.. at best.. I have this car now and have put 3500 miles on it and every moment.. I mean every moment I try to use this stuff NOTHING is there as you would hope it. You learn how to use it while parked.. it is GREAT.. start to drive.. it all changes.. I drive my car to use it. I think most other people do too. Lexus has yet to address this and I will NEVER recommend these feature to anyone. The car in general is very cool. Hybrid REALLY works well. 23 city 33 highway.. but these lock out features detrack from the user experience immensley. Good luck.. and hopefully this will get fixed. I have promised myself to move away from this brand after this car. Too many other good manuf. are getting the message that we like to enjoy our cars and let us decide what we want to use after we paid good money for it. Take a look at Acura.. you will be pleased.
LC Boca Raton
#29 of 69 2,000 mile update
Mar 20, 2007 (7:05 am)
Similar to "LC Boca Raton" I've been very disappointed with some of the user features of the GS, specifically the voice recognition, Bluetooth and Navigation lock-out when driving, and some others.
I want to report that I've come to live with these quite well. Here's my current opinion:
1. Voice recognition. Since the accuracy of the recognition software is so low that it's unusable, I now come to think of GS as not having ANY kind of voice recognition at all. This is disappointing given the state of voice recognition software used by Acura and Infiniti, but it's just as crappy as BMW, which was my second choice for a car.
2. Navigation system lockout while driving is still a nuisance, but I've simply learned to stop to program the destination, or do it before I drive off from home/office. The fact that the Navi offers several presets for commonly used destinations (home, office, etc.) that can be accessed with two button clicks while driving, is a mitigating factor.
3. Lockout of the dialing pad of the Bluetooth system while driving does not bother me at all anymore. The reason is that I can bring up the Speed dial screen with a touch of a single button on the steering wheel. I can have 18 speed dials programmed, which is more than enough for me. Another nice feature is that I can dial on my phone, or use its directory to bring up a name, and as soon as I hit the Send button on the phone, the call goes through the car's Bluetooth system automatically. In my previous car (Acura TL) I had to say "Transfer" several times to handle the call this way.
4. Since I pretend that there is no voice recognition, I am no longer bothered by the fact that Lexus failed to include a printed list of voice commands with the manuals.
5. I've eventually found all the features that I need in the Navigation system, including the ability to review the route directions before setting off or during the drive. I find the Navigation to be of very high quality and accuracy, and the maps seem quite good. The screen resolution is fantastic.
The above statements go to my previous complaints. As far as things that I love about the car: the power, the refinement, ergonomics, etc.; I'm falling more and more in love with this car. I feel I made a great choice and got a great value.
#30 of 69 Price for a new Lexus 2007 GS450h
Mar 26, 2007 (7:47 pm)
I have been looking for a fully loaded GS350 RWD but decided to wait for the 2008 GS350 RWD.
But this afternoon I was offered a new 2007 GS450h for $67,000 (OTD- Southern California)- Smokey Granite Mica w/ Black Interior.
2007 GS 450h
Exterior Color: Smokey Granite
Interior Color: Black
Black Kit: $695.00
XM Radio: $1,695.00
$73,227.00 Plus Fees
What shall I do?
At least I know it is under invoice and into that coveted "2% Holdback".
San Pedro, CA
#31 of 69 Re: Price for a new Lexus 2007 GS450h [kenbt]
Mar 26, 2007 (8:27 pm)
You must be looking at a different vehicle than the GS450h I looked at. You would be hard pressed to get much more than $65K MSRP with all the options.
What does the $1695 XM radio do that the $496 Lexus factory model does not do?
#32 of 69 Re: Price for a new Lexus 2007 GS450h [gagrice]
Mar 26, 2007 (8:31 pm)
Well I just copied this from the Lexus Website and it doesn't include:
*Lexus Chrome Wheels
Base MSRP* $54,900.00
Available Package $11,227.00
Accessory Options $0.00
Lexus Link® Included
Rear spoiler Included
Trunk mat Included
Wheel locks Included
Cargo net Included
Delivery, Processing & Handling Fee † $715.00
Total MSRP** $66,842.00
APPLICABLE FEDERAL TAXES NOT INCLUDED.
Active Stabilizer Suspension System (with summer run-flat tires) with Additional Options
- Active Stabilizer Suspension System (with summer run-flat tires)
- Lexus Pre-Collision System (PCS) and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System
- Mark Levinson® 14-speaker 330-watt 0.1% THD Premium Surround Sound Audio System
- Lexus Link®
- Rear spoiler
- Trunk mat
- Wheel locks
- Cargo net
#33 of 69 Re: Price for a new Lexus 2007 GS450h [kenbt]
Mar 26, 2007 (8:47 pm)
Don't they show the XM option on the Lexus website? Edmund's shows it at $496. What kind of wheels could cost $1000 each? I would not want to take it out of the garage for fear someone would steal them. You have duplicate options on your list. The most I can get the car up to with Edmund's is a TMV of $63,400. That does not include $4000 chrome wheels. You should spend a couple bucks more and get the LS600 hybrid when it comes out. That should be a traffic stopper.
#34 of 69 Re: Price for a new Lexus 2007 GS450h [kenbt]
Mar 27, 2007 (9:41 am)
Sounds like you're talking to an overly aggressive (and optimistic) salesman. Everything you listed above, with the exception of the active stabilizer suspension and dynamic cruise control, was part of the fully loaded '07 450h I bought last year for around $60k, give or take a few hundred. The price you were given seems steep for those two additional options.
When negotiating, try to get them to throw in the $1500 government rebate that is now (I believe) unavailable for this model. Go in with a copy of the article circulating in the news yesterday about slow hybrid sales. That oughta help.
#35 of 69 Re: Price for a new Lexus 2007 GS450h [bmwconvert]
Mar 27, 2007 (10:03 am)
Actually, the price he's offered is great, *if* he wants those options.
As far as your point about the rebate, I have no idea what you're talking about. If they're selling the car for less than the dealer invoice, how do you figure they would want to discount by another $1,500??? By the way, the rebate is still available, but it's only half the original amount for 2007.
#36 of 69 Price for a new Lexus 2007 GS450h
Mar 27, 2007 (2:52 pm)
Thanks for sharing your opinions all.
TOTAL SELLING PRICE
$73,127.00 $61,784.00 Plus Fees
I just got off the phone with the Lexus Dealer and I told them I wasn't happy with $67K OTD. I preferred $66.8 OTD-
they countered back at $66.9 OTD- Said no- and they said
you are going to say no over $200- I told them yes- Like so many things granted it is only $200- but on the other hand it is a $66.8 OTD Deal. I was supposed to stay on the phone while they asked the GM again but I had to leave my cellular to take care of some business. I missed their call but I think they took my
$66.8 OTD. Now I have to figure should I grab it- or - wait for the 2008 GS.
They reminded me that it is under invoice and into the coveted "2% Holdback".
Any opinions would be appreciated.