Last post on Aug 28, 2010 at 7:38 AM
You are in the Chevrolet Blazer
What is this discussion about?
Chevrolet Blazer, SUV
#6 of 9 Re: How to set the garage door opener for a 1997 Chevy Blazer [jlflemmons]
Aug 22, 2010 (8:21 am)
No I dont have it i wish i did though but could you help me out?
#7 of 9 Re: How to set the garage door opener for a 1997 Chevy Blazer [krisvelthuis]
Aug 22, 2010 (11:39 am)
I would be happy to, as soon as I get the Blazer back. Blew an intake manifold gasket and it won't be back from the shop for a couple of days. In the meantime, try this. Substitute "Garage door opener" for "Gate Opener". As I recall, this is the same process I used.
1. Press and hold the two outside buttons of HomeLink, releasing only when the indicator light begins to flash after 20 seconds. This procedure erases the factory-set default codes (do not perform this step when programming additional HomeLink buttons).
2. Turn your vehicle’s ignition switch to the second (or "accessory") position.
3. Position the gate operator handheld transmitter 1 to 3 inches away from the HomeLink surface (located on your visor, overhead console, or mirror), keeping the HomeLink indicator light in view.
4. Using both hands, simultaneously press and hold both the desired HomeLink button and the gate operator handheld transmitter button. Continue to press and hold the HomeLink button while you press and re-press ("cycle") your handheld transmitter every two seconds until the frequency signal has been learned.
Note: It is advised to unplug the device during the "cycling" process to prevent possible motor burn-up.
5. The HomeLink indicator light will flash, first slowly and then rapidly. When the indicator light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released. (The rapid flashing light indicates successful programming of the new frequency signal.)
6. Now press and hold the programmed HomeLink button and observe the indicator light. If the indicator light is solid/continuous, programming is complete. If the indicator light blinks rapidly for 2 seconds and then turns a solid/continuous light, proceed with the following rolling code programming instructions.
Perform these steps only if your gate does not operate after completing Step 6.
At the garage door opener receiver (motorhead unit) in the garage, locate the “learn” or “smart” button (usually near where the hanging antenna wire is attached to the unit). If there is difficulty locating the training button, reference the garage door opener’s manual or contact us.
8. Press and release the “learn” or “smart” button (the name and color of the button may vary by manufacturer). NOTE: Once the button is pressed, there are 30 seconds in which to initiate the next step.
9. Return to the vehicle and firmly press and hold the programmed HomeLink button for two seconds and release. Repeat the “press/hold/release” sequence up to 3 times to complete the training process.
To operate your entry gate using your HomeLink system, simply press the programmed HomeLink button. Activation will now occur. For convenience, the gate operator handheld transmitter may also be used at any time.
#8 of 9 Re: How to set the garage door opener for a 1997 Chevy Blazer [jlflemmons]
Aug 22, 2010 (7:05 pm)
I tried this and it didnt work ill keep trying but it jus didnt work
#9 of 9 Re: How to set the garage door opener for a 1997 Chevy Blazer [jlflemmons]
Aug 28, 2010 (7:38 am)
This worked good. Thankes