Last post on Jun 14, 2013 at 2:23 PM
You are in the Chrysler Town & Country/Dodge Grand Caravan
What is this discussion about?
Chrysler Town and Country, Car Buying, Van
#1632 of 1654 Re: Balloon finance info request [drivejapcar]
Feb 08, 2012 (6:32 pm)
Few weeks ago I was successfully able to refinance and took the advantage of balloon pay off with no issues, so far.
Apr 26, 2012 (8:54 am)
Hi all, First time buying a new car/Van.
I am getting a quote for new 2012 Town and County for $24.5K with Balloon cash. Is this a good quote? what should I be looking at if it is not a good price?
#1634 of 1654 Touring L - New Purchase Completed - HOUSTON
May 01, 2012 (8:44 am)
Trying to help others - bought yesterday (4/30) - worked with internet sales manager:
New 2102 Town and Country Touring L - Driver Convenience Package
Black exterior, black interior. Had been on the lot about 3 weeks.
MSRP - $34,125
Selling Price (includes destination) - $31,561.83
Rebate - $2,000 (1,000 trade in allowance, and 1,000 I have no idea)
Adjusted Price - $29,561.83
That's before TTL which was adjusted because of my trade in. I THINK TrueCar.com showed $30,900 as a "great price" (included $1,000 rebate) and Edmunds showed $32,380 (no rebate included). That suggests to me that both may be a bit too high.
I hope that helps others do better!
#1635 of 1654 Re: Touring L - New Purchase Completed - HOUSTON [jal183]
May 01, 2012 (10:16 am)
Fullerton Chrysler Somerville, NJ quoted me a price of $28,697 on a Town & Country Touring- L Model. MSRP $35020 includes Drivers Convenience Package 29J, Dual Screen DVD and Navigation. I work for a affiliate company. So i was eligible for 1% below invoice, bringing down the price to $33,197. They offered $4500 in rebates. $1000 Customer Cash, $1000 Trade in Allowance, $2500 for financing with Ally - Regular Finance 1.9 APR for 84 months. They said, the rebates would change today. Hoping for a better rebate this month. Let me know if its a good deal.
#1636 of 1654 Re: Touring L - New Purchase Completed - HOUSTON [artvan]
May 01, 2012 (11:06 am)
I am after a TC-L with a dealer in the STL area. I work for an affiliate company and qualified for the 1% below invoice. They offered me $1750 rebate and $1000 trade in for a total of $30736. Am I missing anything else? How hard is it to get the Ally incentive? Are May incentive/rebates good? i worried I am going to get killed on my trade and i need that cash for helping me finance less. Is this a good deal? Appreciate the help!
Customer Preferred Package 29L
#1637 of 1654 Re: Touring L - New Purchase Completed - HOUSTON [reddog1473]
May 09, 2012 (9:46 am)
Speaking of "killed in the trade," the dealer TOTALLY lowballed my trade. As in, NOT EVEN IN THE BALLPARK lowballed. After I got their offer, took my trade in to get an offer from some other dealers (including Carmax.) Turns out that the original trade in offer was about 30% below what I got from some competitors.
Interesting note - as I was shopping around got a call from the Chrysler dealer who made the original offer. I could tell they FREAKED when they heard I was out price shopping at other dealers. After I hung up the phone, I got a call back 15 minutes later - "My manager authorized me to find a way to meet the best offer you've got."
And, before you mention it, I know I could have probably netted around another $500 if I sold it privately but I wasn't interested in the hassle.
#1638 of 1654 Re: Touring L - New Purchase Completed - HOUSTON [jal183]
May 09, 2012 (6:51 pm)
After looking at your deal you got a good one. I ended up getting the Touring-l Convenience package, 29J, media center 730N for $31,313 excluding TTL. I think I left some money on the table but i did get Kelley Blue Book excellent for my trade.
#1639 of 1654 Shopping for a new van(Sienna vs T&C)
Jun 16, 2012 (6:00 pm)
Took a few test drives of each. I had never been in a Sienna in all these years. Always a Dodge or Chrysler buyer. My last 4 family cars have been either T&C or Grand Caravan. So, my natural thought was to go to the Chrysler dealer and look at the new 2012 T&C vans. Here are my pros and cons:
1) T&C (test drove the Touring-L and Limited)
- Lots of stuff in this van. Navigation, DVD in middle and back. Leather, and I
really liked those blind spot sensors. Don't know how well they work.
- Strong engine. Highway speed faster than in my Dodge GC, 2005.
- Transmission shifted just fine.
- Sto and Go seats. LOVE EM.
CON: A lot of con
- Cheap CHEAP CHEAP materials. Where the jack was located it had a plastic cover
that didn't even meet the panel hole with the tab. Not loose. Just made that way.
- Padding in leather seats have gone minimalist. I had to ask the guy, "Is this leather
or vinyl?" Getting out of the van, I touched bottom on that leather seat. A lot of pieces
had plenty of movement making me wonder how long it would last.
- For me, too much stuff going on in the instrument cluster. LOTS OF stuff in there. Not
a very clean presentation. I just did not like the speed display in the middle(digital)
and then another speed display to the right(analog). I'd probably get used to it.
- I opened the hood and closed it . Wow! What a tinny sound. They really cut a corner
on that sheet metal.
- Somewhat new engine design. A con for me. Not sure about others.
- I didn't care much for the homelink buttons on the visor. Not enough room for fat
fingering with a bit dirty hands. I can see that visor spot quickly getting dirty.
- Display panel cutout for the digital speedometer was not straight. It was off kilter a bit.
Second one I drove was not like that.
2) Sienna LE and XLE Premium:
- Engine was great. Transmission shifted fine.
- LOTS of legroom in the back. A function of non-Sto and Go I think.
- Clean instrumentation panel.
- No gaps I found offhand. (although, the van in showroom had a cracked piece of
plastic from where the "8th" seat is stored. i was thinking that could be a problem
- Good padding on seats. No bottoming out on exit.
- The wide 16.4 inch DVD in the premium was quite nice.
- Cheaper materials than in preceding Toyotas I've had. Not as cheap as the Chrysler.
- You have to take out middle seats and store them in the garage if you need the space
to haul something.
- WAY less stuff on Sienna for a bit higher price. I really liked those Chrysler blind
- Who in the world can sit in that 8th seat? No one. It's too small. It cannot even fit a
I'm disgusted at the cheapness that both vans have. I have Toyota cars before and this is the cheapest material I've seen in any of them. EVERYONE is cutting corners too much. What happened to quality stuff? Did the Japanese start using the American model or what? My 2005 Dodge GC doesn't have flimsy junk like the 2012 T&C. Like it or not, that's my two cents on the two vans I drove. I was really really debating the two until yesterday when I decided to put an offer in on a Sienna LE. The 0% financing at Chrysler was really tempting, too. I liked the navigation and dvd stuff for the price.
#1640 of 1654 Whooo. T&C Must be dead . No talk here.
Jun 17, 2012 (12:01 pm)
No one must be shopping for T&C vans and the current owners are out riding in them constantly...so they can't come here and chat about what a great van they have.