Last post on Sep 02, 2013 at 5:09 PM
You are in the Volkswagen Jetta
What is this discussion about?
Volkswagen Jetta, Sedan, Wagon
#665 of 729 Re: 2011 Models Arrival Date?? [huddler]
Sep 05, 2010 (9:14 am)
I would think any day now......I heard October but who really knows?
Are you wanting the JettaV or VI (new, decontented Jetta)
I wanna see one in person, but so far am dissapointed with all the changes to the Jetta.
#666 of 729 Sportwagon now...or should I wait ?????
Sep 05, 2010 (6:04 pm)
Anyone have some advice for a newbie? I'm trying to decide whether or not I should get the new JSW. Currently I drive a 05 Passat, GLX 4 mo. 55k mi. It's a great ride, but gulps gas. I have looked at the new JSW and while I'm impressed with the tdi mileage, I'm a little concerned with the reviews of the problems they've been having with the DSG, stahling and something called the hpfp? Not sure what that is, but regardless, what are your thoughts.
My closest dealership is CVM in central PA. Anyone have any thoughts on them as well? Thanks.
#667 of 729 Re: Sportwagon now...or should I wait ????? [flwrpwr]
Sep 06, 2010 (2:55 am)
My '08 is great, they didnt have the TDI at the time so I cant comment on that, but I did get to test drive one later on it had awesome MPG!! I do have the DSG and getting close to 30k miles no problems with it.
#668 of 729 Re: Sportwagon now...or should I wait ????? [flwrpwr]
Sep 06, 2010 (1:39 pm)
I can say that I had similar concerns. I used to have a 2002 Passat W8. The thing was a blast to drive, when it wasn't in the shop. Eventually it got bought back because of the Lemon Law. Historically, VW does not have nearly as many issues with the TDI models as it does with the gas models. I absolutely would NOT own a gas VW. Period. But I did just buy a TDI JSW. It helped that my dealership offers a Limited Lifetime Powertrain Warranty, as long as all my service is performed at a VW dealership. That gave me a little more peace of mind.
Oct 19, 2010 (12:38 pm)
I'm thinking of buying a 2011 manual shift Jetta S. With mats and destination it lists for exactly $17,000. i've been offered $16,400...Is this a good price?
Nov 16, 2010 (7:26 pm)
I am trying to buy a 2011 Jetta S, auto transmission, 4 door, 4 cylinder gasline, no sunroof.
Sale Price: $16,800
Sales Tax: 1,643.36
Document Fee: $55
Tire Tax: $8.75
DMV License Fee: $195
DMV Registration: $56
Smog Abatement: $20
County Fee: $10
I am in southern california, and I live in pasadena, CA. I contacted local dealers and got the best Quote right now is $18,500 out the door price, is it a good deal? Please give me some idea.
#671 of 729 Re: Jetta S [merckx]
Nov 29, 2010 (8:02 am)
according to edmunds.com invoice price for this car includeing the floor mats and destination charge is 15,500.00 so you should be able to do better than the 16,400.00 that you were quoted.that's 1000.00 over the invoice price for just the basic jetta.
#672 of 729 Jetta TDI tax credit
Dec 15, 2010 (6:19 pm)
Is the TDI tax credit valid for the 2011 model year Jetta if purchased in 2010, or must it be the 2010 model year car?
Dec 15, 2010 (8:45 pm)
Leased car 5 weeks ago for 306. month now dealer says they forgot the sales tax and wants me to redo the contract. is this legal? Im in California which has no cooling off law.
#674 of 729 Re: 2011 sel [natas1]
by kyfdx@Edmunds HOST
Dec 16, 2010 (3:38 am)
Tell them if they won't re-write the contract for the same payment, you'll just bring the car back...
Sometimes, actual mistakes occur that cause the leasing company to reject a contract (wrong residual used, etc.). If the contract is rejected, then you have to sign a new one, or return the car.. It isn't like you can keep driving their car with no registration..
But, if you were told you were leasing the car for $306/mo. total, and that's what your contract shows, you have the upper hand. This could be a ploy to get more money out of you (less likely), or the F&I office screwed up the deal, and now realize they sold the car $2000 too cheap (more likely)..
Either way, it's their problem.. but, you can't just keep the car.. You have leverage. Be willing to take the car back, and stick to your guns... I get the feeling you will sign a new contract for the same price, if they actually screwed up the paperwork.