Last post on Aug 20, 2009 at 3:29 PM
You are in the Saturn Outlook
What is this discussion about?
Saturn Outlook, Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia
#1866 of 2998 Just got my new OUTLOOK - MY 48 Hour REVIEW #1 HERE
Mar 07, 2007 (7:20 am)
Picked up a brand new AWD loaded loaded OUTLOOK. It has everything except NAV and auto rear door opener. No need for it. I ordered White with the Beige Interior to go with my wifes 07 FX35 same colour.
Some comments thus far. I am a 42 yr old male with two kids and a Golden Retriever. We drive 6 hrs to our cottage 15 times per year.
I bought it for the size and the fact that after 6 SUV's in a row (Explorer, Expedition, Escalade, Grand Cherokee, Liberty, FX35) I wanted something more refined AND the Porsche was too small as was the new MDX and BMW. I got a two year lease.
Price was what I consider good as I received GM Employee Discount from a family member. The last GM car I bought was an Escalade from 2001. Last SUV to this was 04 Durango Ltd with HEMI and I loved that truck better than ANYTHING I have owed. I also own an AWD TT (just so you know what kind of person I am). I like a sporty ride. I think this looks WAY better than the Acadia and I did NOT want the Buick as it is just an Infiniti FX35 want-to-be.
This is very 'mini-van like. I have a 4000 pound boat so this barely will be able to tow it. I bought it for the size. I LOVE the look and the size.
- I bought the best radio available. It sucks like you will NOT believe. I am replacing speakers and putting in amp next week. TERRIBLE. Brutal. Those are compliments. BTW: When I bought my Durango with the Infinity Sound System I drove it for 2 days before spending $2K on speakers and AMPS. It was terrible too. HOWEVER, I listed to the Acadia stereo which offers BOSE and it was WAY WAY better than the OUTLOOK. Why doesn't Saturn not offer BOSE?
- looks amazing and fit/fish is perfect. Love the ceiling lights as they do not bother driver at night.
- got captains chairs in 2nd row. Kids love them.
- The left/right blinker stalk has a hard sharp plastic end on the end. Feel it. It is terible quality feel. All are like this. I checked.
Some buttons like the fan could be bigger too. Hard to press the correct button some times. If you had big fat-butt fingers...good luck.
- Drives like a mini-van...and YES the engine it hesitates.
- Again...if you think this will drive like a truck...WRONG. It drives like a mini van.
- No Bluetooth in this truck?????????? What??? Why not??? That is dumb.
- The lumbar (which moves up and down) is not really very 'puffy' when fully inflated. I am only 160 pounds, so maybe that is why.
- My wife just noticed that her passenger seat does not go up and down??????? What?? I need to confirm. That is dumb. We bought the high end seat package. Also, my Durango passenger didn't go up and down either. Stupid North American mfrs again. On her brand new 07 FX35, the seats do everything on both front seats. She also had an 04 FX35 and it did too. Hmmmm. Stupid.
- I love the way the third row head rests drop when you fold the seats down.
- I find it confsuing how the 2nd row folds. Maybe colour co-ordinated inbstrucions on the side of seat would be nice.
- I did not spend the $900 or so on the autoopening rear door. Why? I am 42 and will own this for 24 months. That would cost me $ 100 every time I actually DID need it. That being said - MAN o MAN that tail gate is heavy to shut. If you are buying this for your wife, try it at the dealership with a bag on your arm. (not your old-lady either - HAHA - I had to say that. Sorry to all the ladies...)
- Engine. They had better fix mine. I am concerned about LAG. That said, I did try using the shifter up and down. It works GREAT. Shifts manually very nice. However, the position of the shift again makes it feel like a mini van. I think it is the height of the shifter itself. Very tall. I would like it more sporty like the FX35.
- Quiet. Shhh. It is very quiet.
- I've noticed it tracks very nice in wind. Straight. Should be great on highway. I will let you know.
- My wife's girl friends are telling me that I am compensating for something with the size onthe huge truck. Little do they know...but honestly it is BIG. It is perfect. (and I will call it a truck...as I HATE mini-vans)
My 48 conclusion is this. I think I will love this after I ditch the crappy speakers and put in 300 watts or so. However, honestly, I already know that I bought the 2 year lease simply becuase I will then be months away from an all new 7 passenger Porsche - and with this very wimpy motor and somewhat mini-van feel...I know I will be very ready to get out of it in 2009.
We will see. I DID loved the Durango. I kept it for 3 years which is long for me. I LOVED IT. However I only got $18K Canadain $$ for the thing when I traded it in and it cost me $ 55. My wife's 2004 FX35 which we bought the same day was worth $40K on trade in and cost her $ 60K. Foreign cars hold their value.
So - my take it...lease this thing. It will loose a fortune.
#1867 of 2998 Re: Enclave 2nd Row Bench [horta]
Mar 07, 2007 (8:28 am)
thanks, he is the one and only!
#1868 of 2998 engine lag and recalls
Mar 07, 2007 (4:46 pm)
I have had many general motors autos over 50 years and have had little trouble with any of them. I bought a new 2004 lexus rx330 and liked it enough to buy a 2006 rx300. The 2004 had 3 factory recalls. tail light, some problem with brakes, and radiator replacement, the 06 has been perfect thru 8000 miles. both lexus cars transmission has a lag when stopping at a stop sigh and taking off right away. The american car makers are not perfect and nether are the the imports. I will be in the market for one of the 3 vehicals in this forum in about 2 years.
#1869 of 2998 Re: Just got my new OUTLOOK - MY 48 Hour REVIEW #1 HERE [steve38]
Mar 07, 2007 (5:59 pm)
Can I ask a dumb question....
Did u test drive or even take an extendedlook at this vehicle before you leased??
Sounds like you dislike a lot of things about it and are counting the months until you are out.
If you wanted a step up in materials , layout and radio you should have gone with the Acadia.
Personally, think it looks muchbetter than the Outlook and that horrid front grill. Ifthey broke it up a little more it would look nicer and possibly btter than the Acadia.
#1870 of 2998 Re: engine lag and recalls [cwayne]
Mar 07, 2007 (6:31 pm)
Toyota has had a known lag issue on their cars for quite a while now, and has done nothing to fix it. The new Passat had a similar lag issue, which was fixed (or nearly fixed) with a software patch less than 4 months after owners started to complain.
So Toyota/Lexus has done nothing to address the issue, which I suspect wasn't fixed because owners didn't yell loud enough. I would think GM owners will yell loud enough to get this problem fixed, and I believe GM is actually aware of the problem and is taking steps to fix it. That's one better than Toyota...
#1871 of 2998 Re: Just got my new OUTLOOK - MY 48 Hour REVIEW #1 HERE [jsantangelo]
Mar 08, 2007 (6:11 am)
I took a very short test drive. Had I taken a much longer ride, I actually still think I would have bought it...as I am SICK of driving SUV's and have driven the new Tahoe as well as the Commander and both were so so.
If the Tahoe has a 4-wheel drive Hybrid coming (it will be only 2-wheel) I would have waited to get it. I waited for the new MDX and BMW so see if they would be big enough, but they were not. Again I drive 6 hours to cottage 20 times + per year and I need loads of room. I like mini vans for SIZE and mileage but NOT for looks or safetly.
I think the Outlook will have great safety and becuase of that, I am willing to get over the 24 months very well. Again, the stereo SPEAKERS blow chunks. Complete crap. Cannot say ANYTHING good about these speakers. Pure junk junk junk. And no there is nothing wrong with them. Take a CD with you and turn it up. CRAP. Take it to the BOSE in the Acadia. It sounds good.
So, for $ 1000, I will solve the problem. New amp and speakers. DONE.
#1872 of 2998 Re: To the Host [music287]
Mar 08, 2007 (7:21 am)
So you say you ordered one? I ask because I have had a deposit with my local dealer since Feb 5th but they say they can not place a order to GM yet? At the same time Steve Shannon from GM said Dealers can place orders? I am about to take my deposit money back from this dealer if they are not looking out for me. AT the same time though i don't wish to screw myself since they are the closest Buick Dealer and where I will be taking it in for service.
please let me know. You can email me directly at:
#1873 of 2998 Re: To the Host
Mar 08, 2007 (8:30 am)
By dumb luck, we walked into the local dealer (who happens to be an internet "Free quote" dealer...) on March 3, going directly from the local auto show. Our contract doesn't have prices on it yet. The price column is marked W/A whatever that means. Nevertheless, the dealer stated that we got one of the two Enclaves he's apparently been allotted, at $-- over invoice. Since we cancelled our CX-9 order we're holding our breath until we have the firm printed contract in hand. (The dealer has our $1K down payment...)
I'd say it's time to contact your dealer although I don't know if GM has released their prices yet. Let me/us know if you get 'em. I'll do the same!
#1874 of 2998 Re: To the Host [horta]
Mar 08, 2007 (8:39 am)
AT the same time though i don't wish to screw myself since they are the closest Buick Dealer and where I will be taking it in for service
The Service Department is where the Dealer makes his money. Not in the sale of the CUV. So I don't think that will happen
#1875 of 2998 Re: To the Host [music287]
Mar 08, 2007 (2:10 pm)
Ok so it sounds you have the same thing I do, a "Deposit" for an Enclave. Not a true order with the factory with an order number and all. That makes since now.
Now the allocation part does come as a surprise because my dealer has not told me at all about allocation they are getting.
Other question for you is did you specifiy what options you want, or did you just want a CX or CXL or whatever they get? I am ordering a fully loaded CXL FWD (meaning rear DVD, NAV, Sunroof, plus every other option)
Last question for you is do you want the center rear console? If yes then you and I will be waiting for a while.