Last post on May 07, 2010 at 10:58 AM
You are in the Cadillac CTS/CTS-V
What is this discussion about?
Cadillac CTS, Cadillac CTS-V, Sedan
#50 of 69 Re: CTS Sport [drr98]
Oct 02, 2006 (12:16 pm)
Not sure if you're aware, but there is a sport suspension (FG2) available as an option. Also, the stock wheels can accomodate up to 275/40/18 tires in the rear. As far as the e-brake goes, I don't understand why they went with a foot operated one either, but that won't be changed until the next gen (if then).
#51 of 69 Re: CTS Sport [rockylee]
Oct 03, 2006 (11:58 am)
Did GM promise that they will still offer a 6-speed stick with the 2008? I am willing to wait, but if I do and am then faced with only slushboxes, I am going to be severely steamed.
#52 of 69 Re: CTS Sport [bhill2]
Oct 03, 2006 (6:01 pm)
I don't think they promised anything publicly, but I'd bet they would offer a stick, and I'm telling you to wait like me. Why ? Well #1 you are going to get a CTS, that is light years ahead of the current model in quality, refinement, fit and finish.
P.S. If I buy a CTS
(very likely if I don't get a Denali Pick-up) I'm going to get a stick. I probably will get the CTS-V, which comes with a stick anyway.
#53 of 69 Re: CTS Sport [rockylee]
Oct 04, 2006 (11:37 am)
Thanks for your response. Yeah, if I decide on a CTS I'm going to wait for the new one. And I will be torn between the CTS Sport and the CTS-V. I want to be socially conscious, but damn that Corvette engine is nice.
#54 of 69 Re: CTS Sport [bhill2]
Oct 04, 2006 (7:50 pm)
LOL, yeah it's a hard decision
#55 of 69 Trying to Find HID kit
Feb 19, 2007 (8:09 pm)
Can anyone reccomend and HID kit for a 2007. I am very interested in making the converison.
#56 of 69 Should I or Should I wait... Buying 07 CTS 3.6L
Feb 20, 2007 (7:17 pm)
Wanting to lease 3.6L for 39 months, saleslady says buy '07 with added incentives now. '08 will be out in Aug. timeframe, mot much discount until later in the year.
The bottom-line is a good deal on 07 now vs. '08 - buying price?? It may be december by the time large incentives kick in. The difference may be $50/month - guesstimate.
What do you all think?
#57 of 69 Re: Should I or Should I wait... Buying 07 CTS 3.6L [luvauto]
Feb 24, 2007 (1:27 am)
Get the 08' and find you a dealer that will give you a discount. The residuals on the 08' will be very high and you will be getting twice the car IMHO because I think you will be happier you did. The 08' might be the best ELLPS on the market.
#58 of 69 Re: Should I or Should I wait... Buying 07 CTS 3.6L [luvauto]
Feb 26, 2007 (9:30 am)
The 08 will be a better car. So as long as you can afford it, wait. But I do think there will be a fairly substantial price difference. It took 2-3 years for any real incentives on the CTS. It will be longer than a few months to get a bunch of money off.
The CTS has never really gotten to the point wherer there have been a lot of incentives, unless you are leasing. That is why the resale has been strong.
If you are going to lease, it is a good time now. Depending on where you are at, there is $3-4000 in lease assistance.
#59 of 69 Re: Should I or Should I wait... Buying 07 CTS 3.6L [rockylee]
Mar 09, 2007 (7:58 am)
thanks rockylee; smart advice. High residual of '08 trades off with current '07 lease incentives. while awaiting for the '08 3.6L, the '07 incentives are attractive.
what's your take on '07 3.6L in terms of performance, reliability and quality?