Last post on Jun 09, 2013 at 8:48 AM
You are in the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences
What is this discussion about?
Ford Fusion, Sedan
#359 of 472 Re: 2011 Ford Fusion [okla34]
Oct 29, 2010 (7:44 pm)
I forgot to ask, would you consider a 2011 Mercury Milan with the same specs? They have the same incentives on them as the Fusion PLUS another $1500 'Marketing Support' (cash to dealer). A 2011 Milan (base) with Pkg 103A (Sun/SYNC, AT, Reverse Sensing, Power Moonroof, Rear Spoiler, Fog Lamps, 17" 5-spoke alloys) stickers for $25.040 and if you went with the $2000 in cash incentives, you could get one for about $19,900....at savings of at least $1000....just a thought!
#360 of 472 Re: $14,884 +TTL on NEW 2010 Fusion [jkbrill]
Nov 23, 2010 (11:20 am)
Great price. What's your APR? or you paid full in cash?
#361 of 472 Re: $14,884 +TTL on NEW 2010 Fusion [truelies1]
Nov 23, 2010 (11:25 am)
I put $5,000 down and financed the rest through Ford Motor Credit at 5.9% for 60 months.
#362 of 472 Re: $14,884 +TTL on NEW 2010 Fusion [jkbrill]
Nov 23, 2010 (12:17 pm)
Great price. 5.9% is a little high, I think you can borrow from you bank at sth like 3.3%
#363 of 472 Re: $14,884 +TTL on NEW 2010 Fusion [truelies1]
Nov 24, 2010 (7:39 am)
Depends on the credit score, still 5.9% is not bad, could be far worse, like 11-13%!
#364 of 472 Re: 2010 Fusion SE [bruin4ever]
Nov 28, 2010 (12:52 pm)
I would like to know the same thing. I know it sounds crazy but, I would love to pull off a deal of around $16700 otd (especially seeing as the year's ending)? When contacting dealerships is it ever wise to state your "price"? On Negotiating 101, it states it's generally wise not to but, I want ya'lls personal experience, seeing as I've never negotiated a car price before.
#365 of 472 Re: 2010 Fusion SE [wod]
Nov 28, 2010 (1:01 pm)
I did it that way when I bought my 2007 Mazda6. There was a dealer ad for one at at a price was significantly below invoice minus rebates minus holdback, so I just asked by email if they would give me the same discount from MSRP on the version that I wanted and gave them my calculation of what that price would be. First they said "no" then a few days later, on the day before the last day of the month, they said "yes".
#366 of 472 Re: 2010 Fusion SE [wod]
Nov 30, 2010 (7:07 am)
I did, not so much for the Fusion, I had a set price in my head, but had to haggle on my trade. I got close to what I was looking for on the Fusion, but on my Flex, I did a lot of research on pricing, and looked at X-plan, and Invoice pricing and came up with a number that I thought was fair for me and the dealer, and negotiated online with them. I said I want this with this and this for this price, what can you do. They came back with one that had just about everything I wanted for the price I was looking for, and did it in such a way that I was paying less per month, for a more expensive car than what I traded in. It all depends on the dealer you are dealing with. Had I gone to the last dealer for the Fusion, I probably would have saved more money on it.
There are dealers that make money by selling cars for top dollar, and there are dealers that make money selling a LOT of cars for good prices, finding the former is easy, finding the latter is not, and when you find the latter, stick with them. I bought 3 vehicles from them over the years, and they have done well for me, so I continue to give them business now by having them do my oil changes, something I never let anyone do previously. When I go in there now, they know me by name, and those are the kinds of dealers you want to have.
#367 of 472 Re: 2010 Fusion SE [wod]
Dec 06, 2010 (1:37 pm)
I requested many price quotes when Fusion shopping from various dealers' internet/sales managers just to get things started. But when it actually came down to making the purchase, I just gave them my price on a 2010, which they rejected, and my price on a 2011, which they accepted. Definitely go through some kind of sales manager not a regular sales guy.
That said, if you are trying to get a 2010 SE w/ auto and 202A, like the poster you replied to, I think your price might be $2000 too low even for "end of the year" deals. That's also assuming you would get $3000 in rebates.