Last post on May 24, 2013 at 7:23 AM
You are in the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences
What is this discussion about?
Volvo S60, Volvo S60 R, Car Leasing, Sedan
#395 of 737 Re: Numbers on S60 don't add up [Car_man]
Jun 26, 2007 (10:59 am)
I am looking at a 2007 S60 T5 with paint, premium, and automatic:
MSRP - $37555, Invoice - $35223 , TMV - $32167
Leasing through an independent bank with 15K a year for 36 (or maybe 24) months.
I have a few questions before I visit the dealer again:
1. What are the exact current incentives on leasing through an independent bank? You mentioned $9500 on the T5. The salesman quoted $2000 through Volvo VS. $7500 through independent, not in addition to. Should he be combining the $2000 through any source WITH the $7500 through independents? Is there still the $1000 conquest cash that would also apply?
2. I also noticed the $4500 dealer incentive through July 9. Do they receive the money if the car is leased and/or sold outright, and should I be factoring this into my negotiations? If so, should I deduct it from invoice ($30723) and work from there, focusing on $31-$31.5K.
3. What is the current residual on the T5 with 15K miles for 24 and 36 months?
4. Do (or should) the security deposit and acquisition fees get paid up front, or rolled into the payments?
5. The Edmunds lease calculator begins with the negotiated price, not MSRP, and figures the residual off of that. Am I misunderstanding something, or shouldn't the residual come off of MSRP?
Thank you so much for any help anyone can give, as well as all of the valuable information I've already learned from these forums.
#396 of 737 Re: Numbers on S60 don't add up [bjsheff]
Jun 26, 2007 (6:17 pm)
i can answer one question.
5. the lease calculator doesn't figure the residual. you have to manually enter it.
#397 of 737 Re: Numbers on S60 don't add up [qbrozen]
Jun 29, 2007 (8:59 am)
The dealer is now saying that the cash for June on the T5 through independent banks is $8500. Did it change from the $9500 posted for May, or are they missing something (conquest cash, maybe)?
I am planning on going to the dealership this afternoon or tomorrow. Is there any information available that would tell me whether or not the offer will get better or worse for July? Also, should I be factoring in the $4500 dealer cash?
Thanks in advance Car_man or anyone else! I hope I'm not being too pushy. I guess I'm just anxious about the timing on these offers AND to get into my new car! Thanks again.
#398 of 737 Re: Numbers on S60 don't add up [bjsheff]
Jun 29, 2007 (9:42 am)
you aren't being pushy its just that, unfortunately, this board doesn't get alot of attention. you really need either carman or volvomax. maybe try politely emailing them? (if you click on their username, you should be able to get the address)
#399 of 737 Re: Numbers on S60 don't add up [bjsheff]
Jun 29, 2007 (12:23 pm)
Offer won't change,at least thru early July.
Offer is $9500.
However, bank lease residuals are dropping July 1 at least 3 points.
So, if you are gonna lease one,do it before Sunday.
Jul 07, 2007 (1:31 pm)
Are the lease incentives still in effect on the S60 R with 11,000 dollar lease cash for leasing through an independent bank?
#401 of 737 2007 Volvo S60R Lease Question - Texas
Jul 17, 2007 (9:41 am)
Hi Car_man and all who can help!!!:
I need your advice on getting a lease for an S60R. I have the following offer from a dealership….
Upfront out of pocket expense: 650.00 (1st month payment + fees)
MF: 0035 (I did not negotiate this…not sure if I can)
Mileage: 15,000 miles
Monthly Lease: 520.00
I am new to leasing and would need any advice you can give me. Thank you for your help and time.
#402 of 737 Re: 2007 Volvo S60R Lease Question - Texas [atran38]
Jul 17, 2007 (10:10 am)
Cap cost seems great. I think maybe you can negotiate the MF. Maybe not, though. It depends on your credit. It does seem a bit high. Since it is through an independent bank, I wonder if you could do you own rate shopping.
#403 of 737 Re: 2007 Volvo S60R Lease Question - Texas [atran38]
Jul 17, 2007 (6:04 pm)
Hey just so you are aware, I have a deal on the table for the following on an S60 R AWD 6spd(not sure the details as far as MF or anything at this point since its what was quoted initially):
Monthly Payment: $434 including tax
The dealership is giving about 9500 off the cars sale price, and then combined with the $10,500 in incentives by volvo for leasing through an independent bank, the deal is stupid cheap to pass on.
I'm in the philly area, but this car as at a dealer in DC.
#404 of 737 Re: 2007 Volvo S60R Lease Question - Texas [28firefighter]
Jul 17, 2007 (6:11 pm)
Well, usually cap cost takes the down payment into account, so I believe its more like $6k off before the incentive. But that's still ridiculously cheap. There has to be more incentive money or the dealer is losing money.