Last post on Dec 03, 2013 at 12:08 PM
You are in the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences
What is this discussion about?
Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Car Leasing, Sedan, Wagon
#2653 of 3245 2013 E350 4matic....awesome deal
Dec 09, 2012 (6:24 pm)
I happened to stumble upon my local mercedes dealer, looking to buy a new sedan. I frankly told them i wanted 10% off msrp....plus the 4k winter event cash. They basically told me not possible, etc. etc........but a few days later, they called saying if i took this one car they had on the lot for a bit, they would honor the deal. It ended up being the color i wanted anyway! You will have 10 dealers laugh at you, tell you its impossible, but trust me it can be done. here are my #'s. i did a ONE TIME pay, so i can get a (.0008 reduction in MF....went from .00121 to .00041)
2013 Palladium silver/black interior. 4matic. sport p1.
selling price $51750
mf. .00041(one time pay)
WITH 2yr maintenance....I wrote them a check for $9,125. The dealership incorrectly stated the residual as 73%, while negiotating...and realized their mistake...but ate the cost.
I bought this car in the midwest(michigan)....this dealer wont replicate the deal, but I know their TRUEprice(hassle free pricing), was only 2k higher than I paid, so i'm quite positive you can get a car for just barely above what I paid. Dealer is part of Sonic auto group. Had a great sales person.
Dec 09, 2012 (9:21 pm)
Please will appreciate answer from anyone, specially from carman asap. This is for a 36 months, 30K miles deal with 4K for cap reducation.
1. Is residual value based on list price or negotiated price. I got a deal for E350 with MSRP of 60.5K, but negotiated price of 52.87K. I was told by sales guy that residual value of 61% of negotiated price but when they gave me final paper work, they are putting residual value of 36.9, which is 61% of full list price. Are they taking me for a ride or this is norm.
2. With 6.5 K of total initial payments (that includes 4K cap reduction), I need to pay 3 years monthly payment of 531 with tax. This is in northern ca, is it a decent price.
#2655 of 3245 Re: E350 lease in CA [fremontguy]
by kyfdx@Edmunds HOST
Dec 10, 2012 (4:35 am)
Residual value is always a percentage of MSRP..
You wouldn't want it any other way.... A lower residual means a higher payment...
#2656 of 3245 Re: My latest Quote/Offer [escalade24]
Dec 10, 2012 (4:57 am)
Very interesting comments, and from what I have seen I tend to agree. Frankly speaking I look at the car, the miles and total cost including any paperwork fees etc. In fact I dont mind rolling the entire thing into a payment, because for me that is my best way of comparing a car with exact specs.
I am about 2 mins away from the largest BMW dealership in South FLA and the largest Lexus dealer. Both are top dealerships in the US. I have never been able to get any decent price out of either one in the past. The BMW salesperson told me point blank that they move a ton of product and really dont sharpen the pencil. You would think in a weaker economy there certainly are less prime or good credit buyers looking for a car than a few yrs ago. Doesnt seem to be the case here.
#2657 of 3245 Re: 2013 E350 4matic....awesome deal [vchad]
Dec 10, 2012 (5:19 am)
That is an awesome deal to say the very least. Beyond awesome. For that price I would fly to MI and ship the car back.
#2658 of 3245 Crazy Dealer Quote
Dec 10, 2012 (6:39 pm)
Today I got one more quick quote from a dealer. Dealer quoted me single pay price of $782.00
My car broker is at 475 including tax. Its frankly amazing. The dealer quotes me 782 on a 1 pay. Imagine a month to lease on that one. What would it be? $850 a month?
#2659 of 3245 Re: E350 lease in CA [fremontguy]
Dec 10, 2012 (6:46 pm)
That is a terrible deal. This particular car has a great residual cost. That is why this car is so good for a 24 month lease. Most cars you have to lease for 36 Months which works well for how those are structured. One huge cost these days are tires. You wont have to do new tires in a 24 month lease. Tires can run $300 each or more for tire and mounting (most likely) 531+ cap costs and how do they get to 6500 at closing? What is the $2500.00 for? The Christmas party for the dealership? The bank fee is 795 Still 1700.00 of fluff.
1. Never pay a cap cost. (EVER!)
2. Mercedes Multiple Security Deposits will save you money (5 MSDs max)
3. One pay also saves although most people who lease dont think about that. On a MB the savings is great.-this is aomewhat unique to MB
4. MSDs and One pay are not cap cost reductions. Those are for suckers.
5. Read the posts here. Go back a bit. I wish more people would post their final costs. It seems that many discuss the car but some dont come back and post if/when they get the car what happened.
#2660 of 3245 Re: 2013 E350 4matic....awesome deal [vchad]
Dec 11, 2012 (12:48 pm)
which dealership, who was the Sales Person?
#2661 of 3245 Re: My latest Quote/Offer [robertw477]
Dec 11, 2012 (12:51 pm)
did you get this deal?
#2662 of 3245 Re: My latest Quote/Offer [robertw477]
Dec 11, 2012 (6:36 pm)
who is your broker? if you don't mind me asking.