Last post on Dec 04, 2008 at 8:08 PM
You are in the Speed Shop Tuning and Modification
What is this discussion about?
Nissan 350Z, Nissan 370Z, Performance Mods, Engine, Fuel System, Coupe
#6 of 45 Re: asdasd [loui]
May 24, 2005 (5:44 pm)
well so far it seems like ima adding:
Borla Stainless Steel True Dual Exhaust
Injen cold air intake (not that sure on this intake tho any suggesting?)
im still looking for a good intercooler....fuel injectors....and a good set of lambo doors
so im still lookin for a good coolers
and maybe somethign else i dnt know about i need advice and suggestions
#7 of 45 Re: asdasd [loui]
May 25, 2005 (7:33 am)
why would u put an itercooler in u have no need for one and fuel injector at this point is a waist of $$$ get springs instead it will make a would of difference in handling
#8 of 45 final engine parts...but still need advice
May 25, 2005 (8:18 am)
ok heres my final list for the engine,,,but i still need advice on which lambo doors..indash...and any other suggestions?...
bora dual exhaust
greedy or AEM intake
greddy headers,downpipe, and when i got enough turbokti with injectors
fuel managment system
and blow off valve
#11 of 45 Need a little advice on what to tune up for more HP
Jan 19, 2006 (7:44 pm)
I have 2003 350Z. I already have the cold air intake which is giving me about 11 more HP. I was wondering if there was anything else I could do besides something like a turbo kit, that would increase my HP and possibly my MPG. I have heard a few people mention chips, but don't know exactly what that will do or how much they cost. If someone could help me out to figure out some things to do that are on the less expensive end, that would be great.
#12 of 45 Re: Need a little advice on what to tune up for more HP [pre452]
Jan 20, 2006 (7:49 am)
There is really nothing that will increase your MPG. Some may CLAIM your mileage will go up, but its highly unlikely. I used to get 25 mpg average in my Z with about 70% highway driving and a very heavy foot the other 30%. I thought that was just phenomenal mileage.
Anyway, have you checked out the intake plenum replacements? They used to have a spacer you could buy that improved fuel delivery, but I heard from an owner just the other weekend that there is now a complete replacement plenum that will work with the stock shock brace.
What have you done in the tire department? The stock Z tires would go up in smoke on the stock engine output, so upgrading to better tires would help launches the most.
#13 of 45 Re: Need a little advice on what to tune up for more HP [pre452]
by MrShift@Edmunds HOST
Jan 20, 2006 (10:42 am)
A turbo would consume more gas, but you'd definitely get more HP.
Some chips work, some don't. It really depends on the reputation of the vendor. I myself wouldn't install a chip unless you could speak with another 350Z owner who did it and has evidence that it worked (that is, a dyno slip).
Better fuel mileage and more power are incompatible concepts IMO.
#14 of 45 **2005 350Z
Feb 23, 2006 (2:47 pm)
I have a stock 2005 350Z and want to improve performance. There are a lot of suggestions out there but I want to know if someone has come across an improvement that offered surprising results (HP, cornering, etc.) at an affordable price.
#15 of 45 Re: **2005 350Z [foch]
Mar 02, 2006 (12:48 pm)
WElll... depends on how you define "surprising" and "affordable."
Actual dyno sheets have shown the popcharger can net 10hp. For the money, I'd say that's a deal.
The biggest bang, of course, is the turbo, but it is anything but cheap.