Last post on Oct 25, 2005 at 6:40 AM
You are in the Future Vehicles - Archived Discussions
This discussion is ARCHIVED. To reactivate the discussion, post a request in the Lost? Ask the Future Vehicles Host for Directions! discussion.
What is this discussion about?
Acura TL, Sedan
#863 of 912 Re: My 06 TL will be here in about 4 weeks! [elvis4prez]
Oct 16, 2005 (8:57 pm)
I agreed on $1,200.00 over invoice, pretty sure I could have done better but I've dealt with the same sales manager on two other cars in the past and just kept it simple. It went like this: What price are we talking about? He replied 1500 over invoice, I said 1000, he said 1200. Fine done in 2 minutes, I know I may be a sucker to bite that easy but I'm so satisfied with the dealership (Fresno Acura, Fresno, CA). Such a change from the incompetent arrogant ___ _____ at Weber BMW here in Fresno!
#864 of 912 Re: My 06 TL will be here in about 4 weeks! [bogiedriver]
Oct 17, 2005 (9:20 am)
You are not a sucker. If you got the car you want at a price you are comfortable paying, you've won. Especially if you now have a dealer that treats you right!
Enjoy the TL!
#865 of 912 Re: My 06 TL will be here in about 4 weeks! [bogiedriver]
Oct 17, 2005 (2:48 pm)
But what did he say the invoice was? Sometimes dealers pump up what they claim is invoice. I would want a dollar amount, not X over invoice. At the closing, one could get a bit of a shock.
#866 of 912 Buy or wait a month ?
Oct 17, 2005 (4:48 pm)
We plan to buy a TL this week (or next week). $33K is our limit for the 06 TL 5AT/Navi. If we don't get that, we'll wait until all of the 2005 models are sold. Maybe a month from now. I don't want my dealer to think of me when he/she is in Hawaii this winter.
Before you ask, we're interested in the TPMS so we'll pass on an 05 TL.
#867 of 912 Re: Buy or wait a month ? [dampfnudel]
Oct 17, 2005 (9:27 pm)
If you can get it, take it. 33K for '06 TL Nav is only a few hundred over invoice.
You'd probably start a stampede to any dealer offering this kind of deal.
#868 of 912 Re: Buy or wait a month ? [dampfnudel]
Oct 18, 2005 (6:18 am)
Why would the '06 prices drop after the '05s are sold? (I'm not arguing, I just don't understand the economics of that)
#869 of 912 Re: Buy or wait a month ? [taxesquire]
Oct 18, 2005 (6:28 am)
Popular cars usually sell for sticker (or near it) when they're first introduced, early in the model year. Then, as time passes, winter sets in, car sales decline, and the discounts begin. Granted, the '06 isn't a "new" model, but I think in general prices decline in each model year as time passes, falling to a low before the introduction of the next model year.
#870 of 912 Re: Buy or wait a month ? [dampfnudel]
Oct 18, 2005 (7:29 am)
That's invoice, isn't it? Surely, you will have to pay something OVER invoice.
#871 of 912 Re: Buy or wait a month ? [bartalk3]
Oct 18, 2005 (8:49 am)
I understand that prices drop as time passes, but the prior poster didn't mention waiting until February when sales are lower. He said he'd wait until the '05s are gone. Other than that being a way to measure time, I don't see how the disappearance of '05s will reduce the prices of '06s on that basis alone.
Maybe he meant "wait for a rainy day towards the end of February," but decided to phrase it in terms of the '05s disappearance b/c that's when he thinks they'll be sold off, but. . .
#872 of 912 Re: Buy or wait a month ? [sriggs1]
Oct 18, 2005 (8:49 am)
My mistake, invoice is not 33k, it is 32,999 for an 06, ATw/Nav