Last post on May 04, 2006 at 10:55 PM
You are in the Speed Shop Tuning and Modification
What is this discussion about?
#20 of 24 Re: Mods That Make No Sense [Mr_Shiftright]
Jul 29, 2005 (5:50 pm)
Ohh I've got a long list. Don't have any good pics as of right now but I'll keep my eyes peeled. After all, I am in Philly, the 'Pointlessly modified ghetto hoopdie' capital of the east coast. I imagine there will be photo ops sooner rather than later if I keep my camera phone at the ready.
#1) Cheap plastic spinner hub cabs, 14.99 apiece from Pep boys. Silly, just plain silly.
#2) 90 hp Toyota Tercels or Corollas with exhaust and intake.
#3) I have scene a Crown Vic in my apartment complex on stock wheels and tires, stock ride height, but with a huge rear wing, body-kit, and cheap PEp Boys Chrome molding plastered all over it.
#4) Window tint so deep you have to roll down your windows at night to see when backing up.
5) 60 thousand dollar luxury SUVs with Brush guards, steel tail light guards, and other heavy off roading equipment, some of which also come with 22 inch wheels and 45 series tires because we all know how crucial they are to a complete off-road package..
7) 200$ car with 2000$ stereo so powerful that if it is played to loudly pieces of the vehicle fall off.
8) Pickup trucks with spoilers on the hard tonneau covers.
9) TV screens on the rear headrests that are in use while there are no rearseat passengers in the vehicle.
10) 4000 dollar rims on a 11 year old 200 dollar car. Why not just buy a nicer car with the 4000 dollars?
11) This little yellow big-rig inspired cab-clearance lights on tiny S10s and Ford Rangers whose rooves would never scrape anything anyway.
12) A bug deflector on the front of a pickup. I confess, I do have one, and I think they look cool. But is 3 inches of plastic on the very edge of my hood supposed to really protect it from stones and rocks on the highway?
13) Spoilers or wings of any kind on any pickup truck, but especially on big, lifted, fat-tired off-road ones..
#21 of 24 another site?
Aug 04, 2005 (1:21 pm)
Not sure I can post this ... I think I can because there are no forums that I know of ... anyway, this site is quite good for a laugh and fits this topic perfectly.
#22 of 24 Re: another site? [qbrozen]
by Mr_Shiftright HOST
Aug 05, 2005 (10:25 am)
I LOVE that site! It does actually have a link for forums but it's never been active to my knowledge, so okay for now....but if they go active, then the link will have to go.
Shifty the Co-Host