Last post on Sep 07, 2011 at 7:13 PM
You are in the Buick Lucerne
What is this discussion about?
Buick Lucerne, Sedan
Oct 16, 2009 (6:56 pm)
The lease on my 2007 Lucerne CSX will be up in July 2010 and it is a shame that GMAC is no longer leasing vehicles at this time. In the past GMAC would give customers an option to turn in their leased car early and get another vehicle. When I worked for Oldsmobile we had hundreds of satisfied customers who continually re-leased one Olds after another. The car is currently posted on Swapalease.com in case anyone wants to take over payments for the next ten months.
This CSX is as great as the two Auroras I had and the Buick is the only way to get a "rebadged" Aurora with Oldsmobile now gone. This car will be missed, especially since it has three 1964 "WILDCAT" emblems on it. Of course they will be removed and placed on the NEXT 2010 Lucerne CXL in Cyber Gray with Titanium leather interior.
I would certainly never lease a car for 39 months again, especially in California. You end up paying a full year of registration just to keep the car for the final three months!
That's where the early trade-in/select another Buick option comes in handy.
By the way, I only buy American. Always have, always will. . .
#1887 of 2217 Buick Lucerne - Tell Buick What You Want
by Karen@Edmunds HOST
Dec 02, 2009 (12:22 pm)
#1888 of 2217 Buick Lucerne: Tell Buick What You Want
by Karen@Edmunds HOST
Oct 12, 2006 (12:43 pm)
What suggestions would you make for improvements on the Lucerne?
#1890 of 2217 Lucerne suggetion
Oct 12, 2006 (4:48 pm)
The car is extremly good looking. Three suggetions:
1) Make is smaller (198 inches).
2) Make is lighter
3) Make is more fuel efficient.
Also, keep making the split bench seat.
#1891 of 2217 Improvements to the Lucerne I would like.
Oct 12, 2006 (8:59 pm)
1) Put the trunk release latch on the door of the driver's
side, like it is in the Buick Lesabre (2000 thru 2005).
2) Improve Agility.
3) Improve emergency handling.
4) Improve braking distance.
5) Have a folding rear seat.
6) Have an optional newer V6 engine engine which has better
acceleration and fuel economy than the current 3.8 liter
engine in the Lucerne. Maybe GM's 3.9 liter or 3.6
liter engines could be used in the Lucerne.
7) The length of the Lucerne (203.2 inches) is perfect.
Please do not change it unless you want to increase its
length a few more inches.
8) Keep the outside mirrors which can be folded in.
9) Keep the battery under the rear seat as it is in the
buick lesabre (2000 thru 2005.)
10) Have a stability control system standard on the Lucerne.
#1892 of 2217 Improvements
Oct 20, 2006 (9:50 am)
Here's what I'd like to see improved:
1. Put a finished edge on the headliner fabric where it meets the windshield. Actually a heavier fabric would be better too. It would hide some of the lumps and bumps and wrap around curves a little better.
2. Put a SCAN button on the stereo.
3. Make the whole seat leather - the fabric on the sides looks cheap.
4. The front end is very plain. I'm not sure what it needs but something to make it stand out a little.
5. Make fog lights and option on the CXL.
6. Put Michelin tires on it from the factory. Continentals are junk and have to be replaced anyway.
#1893 of 2217 Re: Buick Lucerne: Tell Buick What You Want [KarenS]
Oct 20, 2006 (10:24 am)
1. Place a handle on the upper front area of both front doors to assist closing . ( I have to lean outside the car
to reach the standard door pull if fully open)
2. Raise the rubber "air deflector" that extends below the front fender as it scrapes on moderate changes in road surfaces and curb stones when parking.
3. Add Stability Control on all Lucerne models.
4. Widen the front seats.
I am more comfortable in the smaller
Buick Lacrosse seats as they measure 20 inches wide at the front of the seat and 20 inches at the rear of the seat.
My Lucerne is 20" in front but tapers down to 18" at the rear.
I chose a Full Size Car for it's ride and large interior volume,and paid more money for it.
The seats found in First Class Air provide extra room and are more comfortable than just those in "Coach"with adequate room.
Now please don't respond to say the seats are just perfect for you because some did agree with this issue in the Lucerne Interior Messages,and I am sure not one person would refuse first class seats if somehow they could be found in the entire plane!
#1894 of 2217 Re: Improvements [jbrich]
Oct 20, 2006 (11:04 am)
Yes the radio can Scan in three ways:
Press and hold the Seek Up button until scan starts, then press to stop. Same thing with seek down. The steering wheel control also works the same way, but only seeks or scans up.
#1895 of 2217 Re: Improvements [loyalbuickfan]
Oct 23, 2006 (4:39 am)
Thanks, I guess I missed that in the manual.