Last post on Sep 07, 2011 at 7:13 PM
You are in the Buick Lucerne
What is this discussion about?
Buick Lucerne, Sedan
#1883 of 2217 Re: 2007 Buick Lucerne CXL V-8 [rivieraranch]
Aug 02, 2009 (7:48 am)
Sounds to me like a few people, probably temporary workers, didn't do their jobs right. I observed IUE union workers on an assembly line two winters ago building Chev, GMC, Suzuki, and Saab vehicles. The methods they used would not have allowed any shortcomings in full attaching these things.
The sunroof drain lines are weak area in H-bodies (a relative of the C-bodies here). They tend to break above the floor on the driver's side; they come down through the windshield pillar and the A-pillar next to the driver's foot. They seemed to fracture in that area after some time.
Enjoy your automobile.
#1884 of 2217 End of the line??
Sep 27, 2009 (4:56 pm)
Just read in today's auto section of the paper that "the Lucerne is gone in 2011" Anybody hear anything about this? Will there be a replacement or is the LaCrosse going to be their top end model?
#1885 of 2217 Re: End of the line?? [tf712]
Sep 28, 2009 (7:54 am)
Manager of Buick, Susan Docherty, has already announced the LaCrosse will be the new Buick "flagship" after the Lucerne is gone. When this happens, the new Cadillac XTS (DTS replacement) will be the only GM choice for a full-sized luxury car. Buick has never been without a full-sized car and I think this decision will come back to bite it. If I don't like the new XTS, I'll be going to Lexus or maybe even Hyundai, as their new Equus looks pretty nice. GM is playing a dangerous game by getting rid of the better selling half of their full-sized duo. Maybe Lutz and Henderson will regain their senses and push for a US version of the Chinese Park Avenue or a Buick version of the XTS.
Oct 16, 2009 (6:56 pm)
The lease on my 2007 Lucerne CSX will be up in July 2010 and it is a shame that GMAC is no longer leasing vehicles at this time. In the past GMAC would give customers an option to turn in their leased car early and get another vehicle. When I worked for Oldsmobile we had hundreds of satisfied customers who continually re-leased one Olds after another. The car is currently posted on Swapalease.com in case anyone wants to take over payments for the next ten months.
This CSX is as great as the two Auroras I had and the Buick is the only way to get a "rebadged" Aurora with Oldsmobile now gone. This car will be missed, especially since it has three 1964 "WILDCAT" emblems on it. Of course they will be removed and placed on the NEXT 2010 Lucerne CXL in Cyber Gray with Titanium leather interior.
I would certainly never lease a car for 39 months again, especially in California. You end up paying a full year of registration just to keep the car for the final three months!
That's where the early trade-in/select another Buick option comes in handy.
By the way, I only buy American. Always have, always will. . .
#1887 of 2217 Buick Lucerne - Tell Buick What You Want
by Karen@Edmunds HOST
Dec 02, 2009 (12:22 pm)
#1888 of 2217 Buick Lucerne: Tell Buick What You Want
by Karen@Edmunds HOST
Oct 12, 2006 (12:43 pm)
What suggestions would you make for improvements on the Lucerne?
#1890 of 2217 Lucerne suggetion
Oct 12, 2006 (4:48 pm)
The car is extremly good looking. Three suggetions:
1) Make is smaller (198 inches).
2) Make is lighter
3) Make is more fuel efficient.
Also, keep making the split bench seat.
#1891 of 2217 Improvements to the Lucerne I would like.
Oct 12, 2006 (8:59 pm)
1) Put the trunk release latch on the door of the driver's
side, like it is in the Buick Lesabre (2000 thru 2005).
2) Improve Agility.
3) Improve emergency handling.
4) Improve braking distance.
5) Have a folding rear seat.
6) Have an optional newer V6 engine engine which has better
acceleration and fuel economy than the current 3.8 liter
engine in the Lucerne. Maybe GM's 3.9 liter or 3.6
liter engines could be used in the Lucerne.
7) The length of the Lucerne (203.2 inches) is perfect.
Please do not change it unless you want to increase its
length a few more inches.
8) Keep the outside mirrors which can be folded in.
9) Keep the battery under the rear seat as it is in the
buick lesabre (2000 thru 2005.)
10) Have a stability control system standard on the Lucerne.
#1892 of 2217 Improvements
Oct 20, 2006 (9:50 am)
Here's what I'd like to see improved:
1. Put a finished edge on the headliner fabric where it meets the windshield. Actually a heavier fabric would be better too. It would hide some of the lumps and bumps and wrap around curves a little better.
2. Put a SCAN button on the stereo.
3. Make the whole seat leather - the fabric on the sides looks cheap.
4. The front end is very plain. I'm not sure what it needs but something to make it stand out a little.
5. Make fog lights and option on the CXL.
6. Put Michelin tires on it from the factory. Continentals are junk and have to be replaced anyway.