Last post on Oct 21, 2013 at 4:54 PM
You are in the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences
What is this discussion about?
Chevrolet Tahoe, SUV
#97 of 626 Re: GM Employee Discount and other rebates [jguns1]
Aug 06, 2006 (5:12 pm)
I need some advice. I traded my beloved 04 Tahoe for a 04 Lexus RX 330. Thinking I would get better gas mileage, and could go with a smaller car.Now, I regret it. My Chevy dealer is willing to work with me. I financed 35,550 for the Lexus. I can get a 2005 Tahoe Lt package, white, sunroof,3rd row seats,pretty decked. The only thing is it would be for 84 mths, at 615,$8%, including extended warrenty up to 75000 miles. The Lexus payments are $577, 75mths,7%.I really want back in a Tahoe bad. I just traded on the 15th of July. I have never done anything like this in my life!! There is so much less room in the Lexus, even tho it is a nice car.The nearest dealer to service it is 2 hrs. away from me, which would be an inconvenience. Any suggestions?Has someone besides me done something like this before? Thankfully, I have a great credit rating.
#98 of 626 Re: GM Employee Discount and other rebates [mcdaniel4]
Aug 06, 2006 (8:57 pm)
The only thing is it would be for 84 mths, at 615,$8%,
Is that $615 a month at 8% interest? If so that means you will be paying $51,660 for an '05 Tahoe. Not a good deal.
#99 of 626 should we wait or buy?
Aug 26, 2006 (9:18 pm)
Please bear with me since this is my first post and am sorry this is so long but would welcome any feedback. We are in the market for a '07' Tahoe and our heads are ready to explode from talking to salesmen the last few days.
We need two items on our vehicle that are difficult to find on LT3 models in our area. Most salesmen lost interest in us once they discovered we would not be trading in our old vehicle (will sell it ourselves), we are paying cash for the new vehicle, and that the truck we want will need to be brought in from out of state since there are none within a 300 miles radius with the options we need. One became rude and basically told us to go home and surf the web ourselves if we wanted those options.
There were two dealers who said they found a truck with the options we needed and turns out they both are talking about the same truck.
Now here comes my question. We plan to use a suppliers discount, the $2000 GM incentive, and $1500 GM CC points for the sale. Both salesmen gave us a price, starting with the sticker price ($45,900), yet after factoring in the suppliers discount one salesman's figure was higher than the others by $200 (dealer "A" said $41,900, dealer "B" said $42,100). Also one mentioned a delivery charge, which he said "at most" would be $250, the other (who had the higher price after suppliers discount) didn't give us a solid delivery fee but did say the dealer might pay half the cost?
Also, tonight I started surfing the web for dealers in the city both mentioned and found this very truck in a dealers cyber inventory which lists the MSRP on the page as being $95 less than the amount both salesman gave us.
Lastly, with suppliers discount, does GM reimburse the dealer or does the dealer "eat" the discount we rec'd? We were given the impression from one of the salesman that it comes out of the dealers funds, not from GM. We realize GM would give the money from the incentive and GM CC points to the dealer after the sale; which makes us wonder if either dealer gave up anything or is this entire deal coming from GM itself? We have heard the dealer who now has the vehicle would keep the holdback?
We want a fair deal, and don't expect something for nothing, yet also don't want to be taken advantage of either. Right now we are confused, disgusted, and debating if we should buy or just wait a few more months to see if anything would change? thanks!
#100 of 626 Re: should we wait or buy? [roaddog3]
Aug 27, 2006 (2:42 pm)
Pretty sure that GM pays for the supplier discount and other rebates. One of the differences between the two dealers could be what's referred to as "doc fees". It's basically a few hundred dollars that some dealers add on after all of the negotiations are done for doing the paperwork. Another is an add-on for advertising.
My advice is find a dealer that doesn't charge either of these or any other ADP fees (aka 'additional dealer profit') and order the truck that you want.
#101 of 626 Re: should we wait or buy? [roaddog3]
Aug 28, 2006 (12:02 pm)
I wouldn't let $200 or so kill a deal for the vehicle you want especially if you are looking for optional equipment that is hard to find....more importantly, go with the dealer who offers the best service after the sale. Ask around and find out their reputation if you don't know anything about these dealers.
#102 of 626 we bought one!
Aug 28, 2006 (3:45 pm)
We ended up buying a Tahoe, but not from either dealer.
The first salesman never bothered calling us back. The second salesman, well lets just say the numbers were changing so fast it was hard keeping track of what the truck would cost and how we arrived at that figure.
Originally this salesman told us we could use the GM cc points along with the supplier discount, only to say today we couldn't. The delivery charge he told us we MAY have to pay PART OF turned into us paying the ENTIRE thing. He couldn't even tell us how much it would be, adding he'd give us the cost once the vehicle was here.
The $200 price difference turned out to be a doc fee. Had we not gotten figures from the other salesman we wouldn't have noticed the amount since it was lumped in with the cost of the truck itself Since we were paying cash (no financing paperwork), live in a state were no temp tags are given (cars are allowed 30 days without tags), and we have to run our title ourselves for transfer at the DMV(the dealership isn't involved), all we needed was a bill of sale and the title. When I asked this salesman today what the doc fee would cover he couldn't tell me! He only said, "well when I bought my car I had to pay a document fee too".
If this wasn't enough, today GM increased the cash incentive by another $1000, something this dealer didn't acknowledge until I mentioned it first. Bottom line, we felt that before we'd ever get the key into the ignition it would cost us a lot more than originally told.
I got on the web, found a vehicle that fit our needs this morning in a neighboring state, called the dealership, agreed on a price, will fax the necessary information to them tomorrow morning, and the truck will be shipped via flatbed. All taken care of with a few calls, a couple clicks of a mouse, in a couple hours and didn't even have to leave my house. His doc fee is $50, which I can live with. Again, they will flatbed the truck to us for a few bucks more than the other dealer would have charged us to have somebody drive it here. We feel very comfortable with this deal!
Guess the bottom line, when your gut tells you something doesn't right then it usually isn't. Anyway, thanks for all the good (and calming) advice, you are lifesavers!
#103 of 626 Re: we bought one! [roaddog3]
Aug 28, 2006 (4:22 pm)
Love that GmBuyPower thing. I've made all my GM deals (4 vehicles) via web and fax since 96. Never had to endure the "sales pitch", and the intoxication of have the vehicle in my hands, only to have the sales-guy work me over while glassy eyed.
I believe that since they can't "hook" you in person, they must put out the best price. My last two deals, I was fedexed the contracts so they couldn't get me on some of the usual dealer extras, like warranties, dent protection, blah-blah-blah.
#104 of 626 Any good deals in MA?
Nov 12, 2006 (8:14 am)
Looking for anyone who got a fair deal in MA on a 07 Tahoe Lease LT-2 or LT-3.
#105 of 626 Did I give up a good deal???
Nov 24, 2006 (11:05 am)
I recently sat down on a used 07 Chevy Thaoe LTZ (black on Black, 3 rows of buckets, nav, rear entertainment etc....) about 3800 mi on it. Advsertised at 45,999. after several back and forths with their used car manager the offer was this: 20,100 for my trade (05 dodge ram 1500 quadcab slt silver on black with leather, sunroof, auto start and fiberglass lid , chrome 20's w/ 9500 mi) I owe 21,884 on it. and 44,800 for theirs... I left because I wanted my pay off and they weren't budging on theirs. Did I miss out on a deal or make the right choice.
#106 of 626 Re: Did I give up a good deal??? [dubbsy01]
Nov 24, 2006 (4:23 pm)
dubbsy01 said: Did I miss out on a deal or make the right choice.
____________________________________________________________ So you are saying that you would have to pay $44,800 for a used '07 and another $1784 to pay off your Dodge after the dealer trade-in price? Do you really think a used '07 Tahoe is worth $46,584? Keep the Dodge...it has just 9500 miles and is hardly broken in....only 5700 more miles on it that the used '07. If you want or need a new vehicle in three or four years then make the move. You were right to walk on the deal even if they would have completely paid off your Dodge.