Last post on May 20, 2013 at 3:13 PM
You are in the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences
What is this discussion about?
Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang SVT Cobra, Coupe, Convertible
#327 of 1125 Re: Going to take the plunge-Three questions please [winner]
Aug 12, 2005 (11:38 am)
Here's your link: http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/06/index.htm
By the way, the Ford dealership should have a book containing 8.5" x 11" color sheets for all colors offered. Ask for it. It's a really good way to see the paint. Don't forget to also view them outside in the natural daylight. The lights in the dealership can distort the color somewhat.
I have photos of the 2005 Mustang in Tungsten Grey from the 2004 Auto Show. I can e-mail them to you. They are high quality so let me know what your internet connection speed is.
#328 of 1125 Re: Going to take the plunge-Three questions please [chuntington]
Aug 12, 2005 (8:11 pm)
Thanks for the response chuntington. I've got fast DSL so please email any pics you have. Just click on my user ID for my email address.
The Tungsten looks like something between the Silver and the Mineral Gray. Your link indicates the Mineral won't be around in 06. Too bad, its a classy color. I've got a Silver 01 GT Conv now and I am leaning towards red but I want to see how I like the Tungsten. Mineral was my runner up last time I bought. I'm leaning to Redire with either Parchment or red interior but want to check out the Gray. If I feel I can actually get delivery by 10/1 I'll likely buy a GT this weekend.
#329 of 1125 Re: Going to take the plunge-Three questions please [winner]
Aug 13, 2005 (2:20 pm)
I never got a DORA, but the dealer gave me the VOC a couple days later. Everything they said was as promised or earlier. I drove the car off the lot at 7 weeks, but they promised delivery by the twelth week. I still tracked the progress via the VOPC line.
I would think MSRP in any location is a fair price. I ended up getting mine in Jax, FL for a $1000 below MSRP. They gave me Ford's $500 military discount and didn't charge me the $500 price increase. I would try sending emails to lots of dealers and see what kind of offers they come up with. Based on reviews and demand though, you most likely will be paying close to MSRP.
#330 of 1125 Is MSRP fair for last 2005 GT Coupe in NJ?
Aug 13, 2005 (5:35 pm)
I've been offered the last 2005 Mustang GT (Premium) Coupe destined to a local dealer in NJ - at MSRP. Given that I probably could order a 2006 at MSRP, is this a fair price? I'm used to significant discounts at the end of model year, but do realize this vehicle is in very high demand. It seems that most local dealers have been adding at least $1000 to MSRP (at least in the asking price) for 2005 Mustang GT coupes in New Jersey.
Aug 13, 2005 (6:33 pm)
I did all of my research in Northern Florida, so I can't speak for NJ. I would say however that MSRP for a GT Premium is fair, especially considering you are getting it off the lot. I had to wait 7 weeks for my ordered GT.
#332 of 1125 2006 GT Convert ordered thanks to this forum
Aug 14, 2005 (6:45 am)
I have been enjoying this forum for a few weeks now and it has helped a lot in formulating a buying "strategy" (as if we have many choices!) and in selecting options. Since so many have been helpful to me, here are some fresh insights having just placed my order yesterday.
- I went to a "Ford owned" dealer in Manhattan/NYC after getting the runaround from a closer dealer. I know there aren't many around (most dealerships are independent) - but, like the GT, there are a few if you look hard enough.
- they had a "Yankee" special - one of 60 made direct from the factory. Only came in v6 (neither a Yankee fan nor a v6 fan), but it opened the door to asking about special editions/customization. FYI - only changes to this car were external: blue pinstripes on white (like the Yankee uniform) with the big NY logo on hood.
- No surprise, but the links on this forum directed me to dealer info and pricing/color/features/photos for the 2006 that even the Ford-owned dealer didn't have readily available. Helped tremendously.
- I really wanted the 18'' wheels - especially the "64W" 5-spoke. But - the sales rep called some buddies - and rumors of that wheel not being available until early spring caused me to "pause," so I went with the 64E 18'' 5-fan wheel instead. Rep confirmed that any delay in a feature holds the car up - something I didn't want to risk.
- Don't take a teenager with you - I was pursuaded into getting the Shaker 1000 despite the high price (ok - so it didn't take much arm twisting). FYI - we both were wearing shorts when we sat in a v6 just to hear what the Shaker 500 sounds like. It made the hairs on our legs stand up it's so powerful already.
- Dealer said optimistically I'll have the car by end of the year. Then the dealer will add on black shelby stripes and see about any other special needs I have (for instance, surprised at paying $1,200 more for Shaker 1000 and it doesn't come w/ satellite radio capability).
- Final order: '06 GT convert, Tungsten grey clearcoat metallic, interior upgrade pkg, interior accent package, Shaker 1000, 18'' wheels, side air bags. Paying just under MSRP because I know friend of the GM.
#333 of 1125 Re: 2006 GT Convert ordered thanks to this forum [emberglow66]
Aug 14, 2005 (3:22 pm)
Haven't decided between the Shaker 500 and 1000. I have the Mach 400 or whatever it was called in 2001. If the 500 is equal to the Mach 400, I think I'll stick with the 500 and save a few bucks and some trunk space. I'm disappointed so few cars on the lots in So. Cal have the side air bags on them. I won't buy one without the side air bags.
The concensus here seems to be MSRP is a fair deal on the 05 and it could be available on the 06s. I'm just concerned about having to wait forever for an 06. Was going to order today but decided to look around some more.
My Dream option list for a Mustang Convertible: rollover protection, satellite radio, bluetooth.
#334 of 1125 Re: 2006 GT Convert ordered thanks to this forum [winner]
Aug 15, 2005 (4:04 pm)
Personally, I thought the Shaker 1000 was an okay sound system for an exorbitant price. Scosche makes a 600 watt amp and 12-inch subwoofer/enclosure for $500 specifically designed for the 2005 Mustang. The September issue of 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords has an article on it. It matches the stock trunk interior, looks really nice, and doesn't take up 1/3 of your trunk. I'm very happy with the Shaker 500, but have plans to upgrade it to a Pioneer DVD Navigation unit.
I also went with the Side Air Bags....safety first then visceral performance!
I've seen aftermarket light bars from CDC, but I'm sure there are also rollover kits as well. You can get the Mobil-Ease Kit installed by your Ford dealer for Bluetooth compatibility and I believe Precision Interface Electronics, Inc. (better known as PIE) is making an AUX interface for the Shaker 500/1000 which can be used for XM/Sirius. They already have one for the iPOD.
#335 of 1125 Re: 2006 mustang being built week of Aug. 8th [codey131]
Aug 15, 2005 (5:24 pm)
ok. i have ordered about a dozen mustang gt's. what will happen is this.....the car will be manufactured on the production date they gave you. it will sit at the plant for 2-3 weeks. it will then be loaded on a train and shipped to a regional distributer. it will stay there about 2-3 days. the dealership can call the distributer to check if they have it, but thats about all they can do. better yet, just plan on getting it 3 weeks from the production date. i hope you enjoy yours as much as i have enjoyed mine.
new colors.......we got our new color sheets from ford today. the tungsten looks way better than the old mineral gray to me. on the color sheet, it looks kind of like the pewter color on the tampa bay buccaneer uniforms. im not so sure about the vista blue. its hard to tell if it looks good. the sonic blue looks just like it on the color sheet, although in real life, im sure they're very different. i think the big dissappointment on the color sheet is the new color they have for the upcomming fusion. "charcoal beige".....i think it would look amazing on a mustang.
price negociation......every one ive dealt with has been sold at msrp. only because i have never asked more. you must understand, we've already sold 2 of them as used cars. in both instances, we got more then their sticker price as new cars without any problems at all. the market dictates price. if its any reassurance, there's only about a $1900 mark up on any mustang gt and i dont think ford will be doing any rebating at all for at least a couple more years. in this part of the country, the wait for delivery after ordering one is about 5 months. by the way, ford has quietly already raised the price of the '05 gt by about $700 since introduction. i am absolutely sure they will raise the price of an '06 by more than that. other manufacturers are getting more money for inferior cars. at sticker price, they're really kind of a bargain. try to get a 350z, gto, or a charger for mustang gt money.....
#336 of 1125 04 Stang Deals
Aug 16, 2005 (6:14 am)
Has anybody seen any good deals for an 02-04 Mustang GT? I am not a real big fan of the new stangs and looking for a cheaper V8 than is currently being offered. Thanks.