Last post on Nov 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM
You are in the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences
What is this discussion about?
Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang SVT Cobra, Coupe, Convertible
#1074 of 1138 Re: 2010 GT [avery89]
Jun 10, 2010 (4:42 am)
just an observation not criticism but if you have excellent credit you should have qualified for about 6% - i did last month letting the dealer finance locally. you would have saved more than the rebate was worth.
#1075 of 1138 2008 V6 Premium Convertible bought off lease
Jun 10, 2010 (7:20 am)
Last week I bought this car at the end of my two year lease. I actually extended the lease for two months while I was deciding what to do. It finally came down to the fact that I couldn't find anything that I liked as much as my 2008, which is fully loaded (except nav) and only has 16k on it. My buyout price was probably a tick more than retail book but there's no way I could locate a used 2008 equipped like mine, and even if I did, I'd be trading a known for an unknown.
I financed around $21k for four years. My bank offered me 3.75 which included discounts for direct debit and existing customer. The dealer got me 3.44% for four years from Fifth Third Bank. I'm in the NYC metro area if this makes a diff. I have top credit. Hope this helps.
#1076 of 1138 Should I take the deal or keep looking?
Aug 23, 2010 (12:11 pm)
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some advice on buying this Mustang.
It is a bright blue 2011 V6 Mustang (base model) with automatic transmission and a spoiler added on. The price of the car is $24,200 with the dealer giving me a selling price of $21,000. After TTL, the car comes out to $22,600 OTD. I live in Texas.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
#1077 of 1138 Re: Should I take the deal or keep looking? [katethegreat03]
Aug 23, 2010 (2:15 pm)
Of course, selling price is only part of the deal. (Financing, trade-in, etc.) You don't mention a trade-in, but the difference between $21,000 and $22,600 OTD doesn't quite cover Texas 6.25% sales tax, much less title and license. Bottomline, if you do not have a trade-in and the vehicle is as described (2011 Base Coupe with 6 speed automatic and factory installed rear deck spoiler), I think you have a very fair deal. Go for it!
#1078 of 1138 Re: Should I take the deal or keep looking? [rsmith8]
Aug 23, 2010 (2:19 pm)
My bad. $1600 more than covers the Texas sales tax. Still that leaves less than $300 for all title/license and any documentation charges. Sounds good.
#1079 of 1138 Re: Should I take the deal or keep looking? [rsmith8]
Aug 24, 2010 (7:24 am)
Thank you for the advice. I do not have a trade-in and I will try to pay with cash so no financing. I just hope that they don't try to mess with the price when I decide to take the deal and buy the car!
Thank you very much for the help!
#1080 of 1138 Re: Should I take the deal or keep looking? [katethegreat03]
Aug 24, 2010 (8:31 am)
I live in the Houston area and watch the ads in the Chronicle closely. I'll watch the ads for any promotion deals on 2011 base coupes this weekend if you like. BTW, my recent experience got the best deal when I was willing to finance. I plan to pay off the loan in 4 months anyway.
#1081 of 1138 Re: Should I take the deal or keep looking? [katethegreat03]
Aug 28, 2010 (5:07 am)
FYI, today's Houston Chronicle (Aug 28) has a promo ad for 2011 Mustang with MSRP $23,390 for $19,495, ($1000 rebate, $2895 dealer discount). Champion Ford.
Oct 18, 2010 (8:35 am)
Are you still buying Mustangs, and if so, for how much?
#1083 of 1138 2011 V6 Premium
Oct 23, 2010 (6:11 pm)
Today I purchased a black on black 2011 V6 Premium. Came with automatic, 203A package, comfort package, security package, remote start, and back up camera. I paid 26k for the vehicle.