Last post on Jul 25, 2009 at 1:05 PM
You are in the Volvo C70
What is this discussion about?
Volvo C70, Convertible
#314 of 983 Re: Delivery dates....more waiting [cdk2]
Mar 22, 2006 (8:44 pm)
cdk2....my local dealer claimed to have several allocated slots for a custom car. You could only get certain colors with each slot. I chose the earliest delivery of June 14th and the Magic Blue. The silver was available in late July and I didn't want to wait as my 2003 SAAB convertible was coming off a smart-buy on May 31.
Based on your rants...or posts, I will check with my dealer tomorrow to see if everything is on schedule. I was supposed to get a test drive by end of this month.
I hate driving cars that have saturated the market like Honda Accords or Toyota Camrys. The fact that my Volvo C70 will be one of only 74 in the US is really cool. Everyone will be turning their heads and wondering what kind of car it is! (only until they get close enough to read the label, "VOLVO")
#315 of 983 Re: Patiently waiting... [flheat]
Mar 22, 2006 (9:05 pm)
flheat - what does your dealer have to say about the '06 vs. '07 models? Did they indicate any differences between the model years? I'm also curious how well your dealer is keeping you informed or if you are having to contact them frequently for updates. As of today, I am still under the impression my Flint Grey Metallic C70 is to be delivered in July. I'm still not sure if I want to cancel/pass on my '06 in July for an identical '07 in September/October. Guess I'll need to do some research with my dealer to try and find out more.
#316 of 983 Re: Patiently waiting... [volvo_driver]
Mar 22, 2006 (9:19 pm)
He did not have too much info, but said the ipod interface has not been ruled out. Other than that there were no differences.
He did tell me that the inside roof looks well finished and only has seams of the panels--I was kind of concerned that you may see the metal hinges.
I think Volvo should fire their project manager on the C70.
#317 of 983 Re: Patiently waiting... [hsmolin]
Mar 22, 2006 (9:24 pm)
hsmolin - i considered myself very lucky to have been offered the chance to drive the car for a week. as part of the deal, the group of us who were loaned cars (about 5 of us) were asked to provide our feedback. it was my understanding that the cars came from los angeles where they had been with another dealer/driving group. while asked not to speak of the specifics, i feel it's probably okay to say that the overall feedback was very positive. i enjoyed the car and it's driving capability/handling immensely and it lived up not only to the reviews i had read from professional drivers but also to my already high expectations. it the retractable top is quite impressive. the car turned a lot of heads while i had it, especially with previous model C70 drivers - many commented at stop lights and another unexpectedly followed me to my destination to take a closer look and find out how i got the car when he knew there were none yet available.
#318 of 983 Re: Patiently waiting... [flheat]
Mar 22, 2006 (9:26 pm)
if the figure the iPod interface out, I'm sure it will be available as a dealer installed/post factory option... at least i hope.
#319 of 983 Re: Patiently waiting... [volvo_driver]
Mar 23, 2006 (6:13 am)
thanks for your impressions volvo_driver.....it says a lot that you've been willing to wait so long for this car. could have made a baby in less time....lol
#320 of 983 reasonable or not?
Mar 23, 2006 (4:57 pm)
Ok, I'm looking for opinions. My car lease (actually a smart buy) is up May 31 and the Volvo C70 has an ETA of June 14th. The Volvo dealer is giving me the buyout value of my old car so I save the sales tax (approx $1,600) on the new one. I cannot extend the lease or I would.
The dealer will not provide me with a loaner but will help me get a discount on a Hertz retail. Bid deal! Is it unreasonable to push for a loaner or demo car for those 2 weeks? Or maybe I should have the dealer pick up part of the rental car charges?
I was not able to get a discount on the C70
Mar 24, 2006 (4:10 am)
I like the C-70, even though I wish it was RWD/AWD. This convertible is in a segment to itself. Seriously. Unfortunatly GM got last second cold feet and decided to cancel the Buick Velite Roadster, otherwise this car would be dead meat. Seriously. Yes the Volvo loyalist would buy one over the Buick, but most folks would of baught the RWD 400-450 horse Twin Turbo Buick Velite Roadster over the C-70. I'm not trying to chap anyone's butt but seriously, which one would you choose ? The Velite was going to be priced in the low $40's since Buick knew the C-70 was the main target. Yes I'm very upset and (a understatement !!!) that my dream car didn't get built. I have a wife and 2 kids, but desire a 4-5 convertible. The C-70 is a beaut, but lacks the power I want to justify ever buying one. Now if they build a high performance version "R" things can change. However the current price is way too high, especially when you factor in what you get for the money. If I'm going to spend that kinda money, I'd perhaps buy a Shelby Stang Convertible when the price levels off and make the C-70 disappear in my rearview. I really don't care for them though. If the Velite does see production in the near future on the Sigma platform, with a little tuning I'd make both the Shelby Stang and the stock Velite of course would easily make C-70 vanish in my rearview.
#322 of 983 Re: C-70 [rockylee]
Mar 24, 2006 (6:06 am)
I checked out the pics of the Buick Velite on the web. Wow, thats one hot car. Too bad it never got produced. If it does maybe I'll have to trade in the C70 if I ever get one .
#323 of 983 Test drive update
Mar 25, 2006 (3:11 pm)
Visited the dealer in Tacoma, WA that is handling my OSD order and learned they have 2 C70's in port and on the way. Should arrive by Fri or Mon. One is all black and should look like what I intend to order. One car is for demo only the other will be for sale. They also have a slot that will be filled in July with one car that can be ordered to spec. So with any luck I'll be driving the "rare" C70 in a week or so.