Last post on Feb 17, 2010 at 11:17 AM
You are in the Chevrolet Malibu
What is this discussion about?
Chevrolet Malibu, Sedan
Jun 12, 2007 (2:29 pm)
I just bought my '06 Malibu SS in black also last thursday and let me tell you its a blast to drive.. I am looking for a few things as well.. my g/f is gonna prolly gonna buy either a gps or radar for our annivarsary and im looking for new front mats with the SS badge/logo on them..any ideas where I can find them or if they even exist?
#436 of 444 Re: I'm with you.... [sssuperstar]
Jun 13, 2007 (5:33 am)
you can get custom mats at ggbailey....do a google search
#437 of 444 Roof Top Carriers
Jun 18, 2007 (1:16 pm)
Anyone has experience with rooftop boxes(and especially Karrite 18 cu. Ft. Enclosed Car-top Carrier? Seems like a good deal, but i don't know if it will fit my 05 Malibu. It says it fits most vehicles with rain gutters.
Anyhow, any experience is appreciated.
#438 of 444 Replacement carpet and headliners
Oct 28, 2007 (7:49 pm)
I recently came up on two tenzo racing bucket seats for 150.00 and threw those in my 04 malibu classic. They are biege and black. I had wanted to get replacement molded carpet for my, as well as a black headliner. If anyone could tell me where i could find either of these. or at least how to do the headliner myself i would appreciat it.
#439 of 444 after market parts
May 14, 2008 (8:29 am)
does anyone out there have info on a company that makes a lowering system for the 2006 malibu LT 4cyl! I'm in desperate need I've already found the exhaust sys and chip! please get back to me ASAP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#440 of 444 2006 Malibu Maxx SS-accessories
Oct 06, 2008 (7:09 am)
I have a 2006 Maxx SS and was wondering if anyone has any ideas for accessories or pictures...
#442 of 444 Re: 06 custom? [mojopart_com]
Jan 22, 2010 (6:45 am)
wow...you replied to a nearly 3 year old message.....sorry...had the kit installed for bout that long now in my 04 Maxx LT
#443 of 444 2006 Malibu lt Stereo Aux in
Feb 17, 2010 (9:52 am)
Does anyone know if there is a CD Aux in the back of the stereo unit, of so any links to instructions on how to remove the bezel would be appreciated.
#444 of 444 Re: 2006 Malibu lt Stereo Aux in [jhammondsd]
Feb 17, 2010 (11:17 am)
For the aux plugs; the answer is it depends - I think they exist only on the 6CD changer model. I was going to install a Sat. radio which had an RF jack; there was a cable you could purchase that ran out off it and into the antenna plug of the radio.
As far as the removal process; keep looking on the web, I found an instruction set a while back with diagrams but thought it too complicated to risk messing up the dash (inducing rattles and fit/finish after reinstallation) so I never did it. Ended up using RF transmitter.
Below is what I found online after a quick search. Looks about the same as I remember; basically removing a lot of screws/bolts and taking off panels other than the central one covering the radio.
1. Pop your hood and unhook your negative battery cable before removing your radio.
2. Open your glove box and locate the two screws at the top portion of the glove box storage. Remove the screws.
3. Unhook the "string" fasteners on each side of your glove box door. Unclip the glove box door and set it aside.
4. Remove the screws securing the lower dash panel. The screws are in the driver's side footwell, close to the gas pedal.
5. Remove the driver's side dash panel visible with the driver's door open. The panel is attached by clips and has a handle for removal (it's used for fuses).
6. Remove the screw that becomes visible with the side dash panel removed. Pull the lower dash panel (below the steering column) off and set it aside.
7. Use your hands to pop off the radio surround/center vent panel. With the previous panels removed, the radio surround panel comes off easily.
8. Remove the four screws mounting the radio into the dash. Once the screws are removed, carefully pull the radio out and disconnect the factory wiring harness and the antenna cable.