Last post on Nov 04, 2013 at 9:51 AM
You are in the Honda Ridgeline
What is this discussion about?
Honda Ridgeline, Truck, SUV
#2715 of 2746 Re: Off Road Package? [atlgaxt]
Oct 21, 2006 (2:52 am)
I guess Honda could introduce anything eventually. I haven't heard of anything this year.
Since Honda only expects to sell 60-80000 of these things a year its pretty targeted to its market. If one looks at what 80-90% of the public needs and uses in a medium truck with a 5 ft bed Skid plates and optimization for heavy off road use is overkill. The other 10% may obviously look elsewhere.
Sorry if I have missed something, as I have not been closely following this board for the past six months or so. In any case, I think it was about a year ago Honda had a design exercise for an Off Road Ridgeline. I think it might have been for the SEMA show or something similar.
Has anyone heard about an off-road package for the Ridgeline? I could get by without a low range, but larger and more aggressive tires, and about a 2" to 3" lift along with some skidplates would be useful. All the other manufacturers (Japanese and American) seem to offer such packages on their trucks. Without it, I am not sure the Ridgeline would make the short list...
#2716 of 2746 Re: what's the point? [once_for_all]
Oct 21, 2006 (5:05 am)
Japanese? It is more American than a lot of the big 3 pickups. It is designed and built in USA for us. Let people ridicule.
#2717 of 2746 Re: what's the point? [scooter4]
Nov 01, 2006 (10:44 am)
Do "the guys" also dress and feed you? Grow up!
Feb 20, 2007 (5:36 pm)
Does anyone know if Honda ever got a fix for unlocking all doors when putting into park?
Using the direction on pg 82 to lock at 9 MPH just does not seem to work. The original manual instruction worked and then I changed setting. In the mean time Honda sent a new manual (because of the misprint ...1st question) and I am wondering if they got a misprint on these instructions.
#2719 of 2746 Re: Auto door locks [tacoridge]
Feb 21, 2007 (4:25 pm)
I'm not sure, because my 2006 was built after thay changed this, but I thought a Honda dealer would change this for you if you complained.
It involves more than just 're-flashing' the computer chip, I think there is actually a wiring change to a fuse box.
Feb 22, 2007 (4:37 pm)
Dealer said there was not a fix for all-door unlock.
They could not even program it to unlock at 9 mph, I had to show them how to de program out of locking going into park.
Anyway thanks for the reply.
Feb 22, 2007 (4:38 pm)
Ment to say lock all doors at 9 mph.
Feb 22, 2007 (5:21 pm)
A reporter aims to talk with a Honda devotee who currently owns a Honda and previously owned a Honda. Please respond to ctalatiedmunds.com no later than February 28, 2007 with your daytime contact information.
#2724 of 2746 Re: Auto Door Locks [tacoridge]
Feb 23, 2007 (12:55 am)
Ug. Dealer lies.