Last post on Dec 08, 2013 at 5:51 AM
You are in the Mazda3
What is this discussion about?
Mazda MAZDA3, Hatchback, Sedan
#5000 of 5141 Re: i touring auto [raymac]
Sep 27, 2012 (8:00 am)
Thank you for your help. I was emailed the dealership around my area (in 2 hours drive). Seems they didn't interested in the price fight. In my city, only one Mazda dealer they even ignore me. And other dealers keep their OTD price around 18500.
#5001 of 5141 Re: i touring auto [yixiang]
Sep 27, 2012 (1:18 pm)
18,500 is most likely most people paid for and is not a bad deal. However if you got time you could play their waiting game and see if they'll budge. You said you got 17,900 quote - email them and ask them the details, color and option already installed and tell them you have a comparable quote nearer from you but of different color and is not your primary choice and maybe they'll respond with the 17900 quote in writing.
You have to remember that profit is still profit no matter how small and they will take the risk and wait for you to give in. You might want to try this free web service that gives you a quote with price certificate that they honor. Just use a different email, phone and use an alias so it would appear to be a different customer.
You still have a few days before Oct 1 when rebates and incentives might change. Drive your dream car form carbuyingtips.com or Truecar.com Good luck
#5002 of 5141 Re: i touring auto [raymac]
Sep 27, 2012 (2:00 pm)
Thank you so much for your advise!
#5003 of 5141 Prices for 2012 i Touring
Sep 27, 2012 (2:28 pm)
I've seen a lot of HIGH prices quoted here for a 2012 Mazda 3 i Touring automatic 4 door. To give you an idea check out my link, these prices can even be haggled down lower.
Mazda 3 Prices link
#5004 of 5141 Re: Prices for 2012 i Touring [sixburgh]
Oct 02, 2012 (8:39 am)
With the intro of the 2013 last weekend does anyone know (or care to make an educated guess as to) when the October incentives kick in for the 2012 M3?
I'd like to make a purchase this week if possible. I wonder if its worth waiting...
#5005 of 5141 Re: Prices for 2012 i Touring [sixburgh]
Oct 02, 2012 (7:02 pm)
Looks like dealers are getting desperate and trying to get sales anyway they can.
Oct 03, 2012 (8:18 am)
A reporter would like to speak to a small car buyer/shopper. If you've recently purchased a small car or are shopping for a small car, please send your daytime contact info to PRedmunds.com no later than 1 p.m. PT/ 4 p.m. ET Wednesday, October 3.
Oct 03, 2012 (3:31 pm)
Just saw on Edmunds that marketing support is at $350, down from $1500 for last month. The dealers in my area, se PA have all increased their prices $500. Early prices on 2013 models I've received are 250-850 under MSRP. So come the end of the month will I have to admit I lost a gamble and pay the extra 500 or do you think I can get it for what it was offered to me in Sept.? Any idea where the prices are going on 2012 models come November? Did Mazda 3 reach the bottom in September? Maybe since 2013's are not discounted much they think there will be a big demand for 2012's, thus the slight price increase. So where is the extra support coming from since Mazda cuts back from 1500 to 350 yet price increase is only 500? I'm sure you experienced buyers know the answer to this one. So, buy now or wait? Thanks!
#5008 of 5141 Re: price increase? [countertop4]
Oct 04, 2012 (7:52 am)
It's worse than that. The $1,500 was an alternative incentive to Mazda financing; the $350 is tied to it. So, if you have your own or don't qualify for the 0% and don't want the rate the dealer comes up with, you lose even the $350.
This is a bold move considering that the 2013's are now out and the lots are still packed with 2012's.
#5009 of 5141 Re: price increase? [icherub]
Oct 04, 2012 (8:33 am)
The dealers I'm negotiating with haven't increased the quoted OTD. One in fact said the incentives "were not increased". I'm sure they would let me know if the incentive decreased.
As you said, the lots are full. I'll wait it out.