Last post on Dec 05, 2013 at 1:20 PM
You are in the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences
What is this discussion about?
Mazda MAZDA3, Hatchback, Sedan
#4787 of 5138 2011 Mazda3 in metro Detroit
Jul 29, 2011 (4:38 am)
Hi, all! What a difficult experience this was! I used the S-plan (you can if you know folks who work for Ford-- they did not even ask me for a name-- weird). But I think I still overpaid...sigh.
2011 Mazda3 i Touring. No options.
MSRP was $19745
S-plan was $18709.
I got a $950 rebate ($500 Loyalty + $450 with 0% for 60 months).
Total before TTL = $17759, with TTL= $19131 out the door.
In retrospect, I think I would have been better without the S-plan. TruCar and Edmunds confuse me. Are they before rebate or after?
If after rebate, I do not feel so bad, because Edmunds says that the TMV was $17,400.
If before, it says I could have got the car for $18,440 or even $17,711!!!
I would be grateful if someone could put my worries to rest, so I can enjoy my car! It is really fun to drive. I had a 2002 Mazda Protege, which I loved, and the Mazda3 is smaller in the back seat and trunk, but other than that, it handles wonderfully, it has a cool interior, and I love, love, love the bluetooth function that makes phone calls in the car a breeze!
If only I did not feel like I overpaid!
#4788 of 5138 Re: Maintenance Plan [panda85]
Jul 30, 2011 (4:34 am)
For this 1200 dollars looks very steep. More inclined to cancel it now.
Did you? Could you? They offered me the same thing for the same price and we declined.
#4789 of 5138 Re: Maintenance Plan [mannydee]
Jul 31, 2011 (11:38 am)
ya i went to the dealer and cancelled the maintenance plan. If you cancel within first 30 days you get full refund but with a $75 processing fee. If you cancel after 30 days the refund will be prorated.
My problem is that, the dealer added the maintenance plan cost to over all sale price and i paid the sales tax for the whole amount and that amount was financed.
Now i am cancelling the Ford premium maintenance plan and i am getting the refund for that but the dealer is not sure how to reverse the sales tax i paid for the 1200.
Has anyone faced a similar situation? please let me know if you know of a solution.
#4790 of 5138 Re: Anyone buy a i-touring 2.0L Auto recently? [guangyang]
Aug 02, 2011 (9:00 am)
Did you buy the car? I'm in Redmond, WA too and would be thankful to know your experience and the dealer.
#4791 of 5138 Re: Anyone buy a i-touring 2.0L Auto recently? [logan04x]
Aug 02, 2011 (9:25 am)
No. The dealer cannot offer any lower than 19900. I probably will not buy this model as the price it too high for a compact car.
#4792 of 5138 Re: Anyone buy a i-touring 2.0L Auto recently? [guangyang]
Aug 04, 2011 (9:12 am)
dealer cannot offer any lower than 19900. I probably will not buy this model
What OTD price are you aiming at? This is a great time for haggling for a better deal; if one dealer cannot offer you an acceptable price just ask another for their best offer. Make sure to tell them that you are looking at several options and that they need to provide you with their best offer.
Aug 08, 2011 (11:04 am)
A reporter would like to talk with a recent new car buyer who was considering buying used, found prices higher than expected and decided instead to buy new? Please respond to predmunds.com by 4pm Eastern on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 to be interviewed.
#4794 of 5138 New 2010 5-door GT still on lot
Aug 10, 2011 (7:45 pm)
Any opinions on buying a leftover 2010? Does Mazda honor any of the current incentives or are there any specific to the 2010's?
#4795 of 5138 Re: press request [kirstie_h]
Aug 11, 2011 (12:27 pm)
Just now seeing this message. Too late for a interview but anyway not much interested for interview.
It was really true in my case. I didnt really have a new car in my mind. But when i found that the price of a two or three year old mazda3 were also selling tin the range of 14k or 15k stopped looking for and bought a new one.
#4796 of 5138 Any recent mazdaspeed3 buyers?
Aug 17, 2011 (1:42 am)
Hi, I was looking at a mazdaspeed 3, truecar is telling me 22k for the base, and 24k for the ones with tech. I wanted to know if this was reasonable as I saw some posts from last year, mainly post #4713 where someone was able to grab a techpackage 2010 for ~22k.