Last post on Dec 19, 2012 at 2:45 PM
You are in the Acura TL
What is this discussion about?
Acura TL, Electrical, Engine, Sedan
#3860 of 5648 Miles per Gallon...
May 29, 2006 (10:29 pm)
If anyone else is getting sick of the ever increasing gas prices, try this...
When I first got this car, I was led footed. I got around 23 MPG. I recently had Acura replace my tires, and I slowed down to a nice 65-70 MPH on the freeway (it's nice to drive slow and listen to the XM). I keep the air pressure high in the tires. I've been getting 29 MPG consistently for the last month. I own a 1995 TL with 15K miles now.
Slow down and enjoy the ride! Save Gas! Save Money!!
#3861 of 5648 Re: Vibration/leather interior [tpacar79]
May 30, 2006 (5:31 am)
Hope this helps all
Helps with what? I got a headache from trying to read this.
#3862 of 5648 Re: Miles per Gallon... [dave124]
May 30, 2006 (8:48 am)
You mean 2005 TL?
#3863 of 5648 Re: Here come the rattles [cubex28]
May 30, 2006 (5:04 pm)
I have an 06 TL navi with 4800 miles on it. At about 1500 miles I started having speaker vibrations in the passenger door. They added felt tape and changed out the speaker. Now it rattles also. Seems to be in the armrest. I am also having some speaker vibration in the driver door and a rattle has developed in the rear deck, passenger side. I have had it in twice. I have now asked the dealer to work with me on replacing this car with a new TL. I am supposed to hear back from them this week, per the salesman that sold me the car. Has anyone had this many rattles in their 06 TL and what did the dealer do for you? THanks
#3864 of 5648 Re: Here come the rattles [janber]
May 30, 2006 (10:58 pm)
Unfortunately, you are not going to get a new car, even though you may have more than your fair share of rattles. The dealer should have been man enough to tell you up front rather than string you along.
#3865 of 5648 Re: Here come the rattles [janber]
May 31, 2006 (7:26 am)
I had all of the following problems and I did not get a new car….
· Defective passenger seat
· Current …premature wear on the drivers seat (15K miles)
· Undiagnosed strong antifreeze smell in passengers compartment for the first 4 months of ownership…heater
· Harmonic vibration in drive train (characteristic of the car)
· Poor Tires …
· . Tires currently have approx 15K miles and are almost worn out, also dealer said tires may contribute to vibration and flat spotting!
· Defective transmission that was recalled (TSB) (2nd gear …teeth can break from overheating and freeze tranny…. safety issue
· The car’s headliner fell down
· The car’s entire dashboard was blotchy and discolored …
· Had to back to the dealer in Oct b/c they forgot to install the light…
· Also, had to go back again b/c they damaged my console …they will contact me to make and appoint to fix the problem
· Defective passengers door panel …
· Rough idle (maybe due to a defective EGR valve…TSB? …
· Creaks and rattles in the cabin when going over bumps…
· Defective memory computer unit for the drivers seat….
· Rattles from glove box (I had to buy and install foam strips to stop the rattles)
· Broken windshield washer (blew fuse)……..
· The fuse box in my car, does not have a schematic…
· Temperature gauge is not accurate…..
Do you really think your going to get a new car b/c of rattles?
#3866 of 5648 Re: Here come the rattles [tedescm1]
May 31, 2006 (9:20 am)
Eeek. What year is your TL? (An early '04, I hope).
#3867 of 5648 Re: Here come the rattles [bartalk3]
May 31, 2006 (9:55 am)
I think tedescm1 must've gotten one of the pre-production test mules!
#3868 of 5648 Re: Here come the rattles [bartalk3]
May 31, 2006 (12:00 pm)
Yes...mine was a very early 04 production model.
I'm sure the new models are better, however, I’m surprised at the number of people still complaining about vibrations and rattles
#3869 of 5648 Re: Here come the rattles [janber]
May 31, 2006 (2:06 pm)
I think my rattles are maybe two fold
1) There is a significant clicking noise in the door panel( will check the armrest) . I will check the Acura decal on door jam and see if that is the problem
2) I think there is a problem in the right front seat. It vibrates when car is started cold and makes noise.
The funny thing is that all the noises are comming from the right front door side ..
Unfortunately when i took it to the dealer for a test drive the car was quite as a mouse. Now i am documenting the steps when and where noise occurs and ask them to fix later . It is bit frustarting that my old Honda civic had aboslutely no problems.. None.. and i had that car for 10 years. And now 3 weeks into buying a entry level luxury car i am getting issues ( however small they maybe) ..