Last post on Nov 06, 2007 at 8:53 AM
You are in the Prices Paid & Leasing Experiences Archive
What is this discussion about?
Lexus ES 300, Lexus ES 330, Sedan
#1155 of 1426 Re: How to get started? [aaronb1]
Nov 01, 2005 (6:21 pm)
Most 2006 es 330 dont come with Mark Levinson audio system. 90% of the cars with Navigation dont come with Mark Levinson and the other 10% are built with Mark Levinson but with particular color(blue shale and silver pine mica). If you want the Mark Levinson you would have to order it specially thru Lexus and may take a month to get it though. Make sure you let the dealer know that you specifically want the Mark Levinson otherwise you will get the pioneer audio, which to me is very crappy and should not even be in a car this expensive.
#1156 of 1426 Fully Loaded ES330
Nov 01, 2005 (7:15 pm)
I live in the Washington, DC area. A fully loaded (i.e., HH, HL, HN, NL, VV, WU, DC, Z1) runs around $39,200. Based on the various posts, it seems that $34,500 is a target price for a fully loaded 2006 ES 330.
#1157 of 1426 Re: How to get started? [aaronb1]
Nov 02, 2005 (9:11 am)
Obviously, if price is more important than get the 06 ES sometime around February or March. Lexus also has December to remember sale where you could get some very good price. But remember, the all new ES is coming out next Spring I am guessing some time around March or April. That car would have a more powerful engine (3.5L probably close to 270 Hp) and a whole host of improvement. But then again you probably wouldn't get a good price on an 07. But keep in mind that if you want to buy an 06 next year, your resale value isn't going to be very good because of the all new 07 model.
#1158 of 1426 Re: How to get started? [motownusa]
Nov 02, 2005 (9:58 am)
I'm not too concerned about resale because I plan on driving this thing for 10+ years (trading in a 92 Civic.) Reliability and the Levinson sound system are the reasons I am looking at a Lexus. also look at the 07s redesign coming out as hopefully an opportunity to get a better deal on an 06. Plus, my financial plan doesn't allow for a new car for a couple months anyway.
Looks like from what dshahs says above, the Levinson option is pretty rare, so I guess I will have to see what's out there with ML sound when I am ready to buy, and take it from there. I bet most of the cars with Levinson sound are pretty well loaded up, so I shouldn't be lacking any options I want. But again, I am pretty flexible in the option and color department.
#1159 of 1426 Re: How to get started? [aaronb1]
Nov 02, 2005 (11:48 am)
YOU MUST GET THE ML SOUND SYSTEM !!!!!!!!! Don't get the standard stereo that comes with the ES. It absolutely sucks compare to the ML. I am somewhat surprised that the ML system is hard to find for MY 06. My uncle's 02 ES300 has the ML sound system whereas my Camry has Pioneer stereo system, the same stereo used on the base ES and there is no comparison.
#1160 of 1426 Re: Just bought E330 So Cali [dshahs]
Nov 02, 2005 (3:02 pm)
Los Angeles tax rate is 8.25%.
#1161 of 1426 Re: Fully Loaded ES330 [seabush]
Nov 02, 2005 (9:09 pm)
The ML system is not listed as an available option on 'Build your Lexus' for the DC area. I have sent an email to area dealers to see if this is the case. There is a 900 price difference between ND and NL.
Pohanka lexus quoted 35580 for 2006 ES330 with FI, HH, HL, HN, ND, WU.
#1162 of 1426 No more Mark Levinson stereo for 06
Nov 03, 2005 (7:12 am)
I just checked the Lexus website and found no mention of the Mark Levinson sound system for MY 06. Has Lexus discontinued the ML system for 06 ?That would suck big time. Did anyone bought an 06 with the ML sound system.
#1163 of 1426 Re: No more Mark Levinson stereo for 06 [motownusa]
Nov 03, 2005 (7:49 am)
The options vary based on the zip code you enter. CA zip codes provide the most packages, ML being one of them. It is confusing because the website does not list ML option for the DC metro area which includes Northern VA. But I found a 2006 listed in the inventory for Lindsay Lexus in VA with ML option. It was offered on only 1 of 66 new cars listed on the site. I tried zip codes from MA to FL along the east coast on the lexus web site and none of them came up with ML option. So, I guess if you want the option, you have to hope that the area dealer has a few cars with it. But that means that the price becomes less negotiable.
#1164 of 1426 December to remember sales event
Nov 03, 2005 (8:20 am)
Does anyone know what kind of discounts are offered during the 'Dec to remember' program? Perhaps, some one remembers the 2004 program. I have been able to find out from using google that the finance rates were lowered. I was not able to find out whether there were any price discounts or additional options offered (big red bow does not count). Appreciate any help.