Last post on Dec 01, 2013 at 2:07 PM
You are in the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences
What is this discussion about?
Toyota RAV4, SUV
#3133 of 4032 Base RAV4, Austin TX, Help to look at the price
Nov 18, 2009 (9:26 pm)
I have quoted from several dealers. This is the best one I am going to buy in a few days.
Is it a good price? supposed having been calculated from invoice-$700.
new buyer. Have not researched much yet. Any advice? Many thanks.
2010 Toyota RAV4 MSRP
Model - 4430 5-DOOR 4X2 SUV Base: $22,355.00
Exterior Color - 01F7 CLASSIC SILVER MET Installed Options: $1,485.00
Interior Color - FC10 DRKCHRCL/ASH/DRKGRY/LTGRY Total: $23,840.00
* Base MSRP includes delivery charge
** Prices subject to change without notice
*** Please refer to vehicle Monroney label for final specifications and pricing
Standard Features for this model
MECHANICAL & PERFORMANCE COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
- 2.5L 4Cyl DOHC Dual VVT-i Engine - Air Conditioner w/Clean Air Filtration
- 4 Speed ECT Automatic Transmission - AM/FM CD w/6 Spkrs / Aux. Mini-Plug
- Front Wheel Drive/4-Whl Ind Suspension - Man Tilt/Telescopic Adj. Steering Wheel
- Electronic Power Steering System - Cloth Int,Multi-Adj Fr Seats w/Dr Ht Adj
- Fr&Rr Stabilizer Bar/4-Whl Disc Brakes - 2nd Rw 60/40 Splt,Recln,Fld Flt w/Slide
- 16" Stl Whls,P215/70R16 Tires w/Full Whl - Fwd Cpblty w/Ctr Armrest, 2 Cup Holders
- Caps & Full Size Spr Tire on 16" Stl Whl - Dual Glove Box/Digital Clock/Cruise Ctrl
SAFETY - Power Windows/Door Locks/Keyless Entry
- Star Safety System Includes: - Optitron IP Gauges / Gated Shifter
- Vehicle Stability Ctrl w/Traction Ctrl - 2 Fr/1 Cargo Auxiliary 12V Power Outlets
- Anti-Lock Brakes w/Brake Assist & EBD - Ctr Cnsl w/2-Illum Cup Hldrs, Cell Phone
- Dr & Fr Pass Advanced Fr Airbags (SRS) - Storage,Upper Storage Tray, & Cnsole Box
- Dr & Fr Pass Seat Mounted Side/Fr & 2nd - Crg Area 2nd Rw Seat 1 Tch Fld Flt Lever
- Row Roll-Sensing Side Curtain Airbags - Rr Cargo Storage w/Undr Flr Storage Spce
- Dr and Fr Pass Active Headrests - Sunvisors w/Extns & Illum Vanity Mirrors
- 2nd Row CRS Lower & Top Tether Anchors - Illum Entry System/Silver Interior Trim
- Rr Dr Child Safety Locks/Eng Immob
- Direct Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- UV Reduction Glass Windshield
- Clr-Kyd Bmprs, Rr Spoiler,Spare Tire Cvr
- Black Grille,Dr Handles, Pwr O/S Mirrors
- Multi-Reflectr Halogen Auto-Off Headlmps
- Fr Var & Rr Intrmt Wipers/Roof Mounted
- Antenna/LED Tail and Stop Lamps
Selected Options and Packages
Code Description Code Description
FE 50 State Emissions RD Toyota Roadside Assistance
QV Extra Value Package - (3 Yrs/36,000 Miles)
- (Savings of up to $570): Includes 17" O2 Owner Rewards Package
- 5-Spoke Styled Steel Wheels with - BlueConnect Hands-Free Phone System
- P225/65R17 Tires and Full-Size Spare Tire - Premium Carpet Mat Set
- on 17" Steel Wheel, Daytime Running - Carpet Floor Mats
- Lights, Black Roof Rails and Crossbars, - Rear Cargo Mat
- and Rear Privacy Glass (On Rear Side, - Color-Keyed Side Molding
- Quarter, and Rear Door Window) - Mud Guards
TC Tonneau Cover NC No Charge Toyota Benefits
AU Toyota Auto Care * ** -Port Installed- (17/18 TC)
- Two No Charge Service Visits, Including:
- Oil and Filter Change
- Tire Rotation
- Multi-Point Inspection
P4 Vehicle Shield Package
- Lusterizing Sealant
- Sound Shield
- Sealant Cleaner
- Rental Car Assistance
#3134 of 4032 Re: Base RAV4, Austin TX, Help to look at the price [charleshu]
Nov 18, 2009 (10:05 pm)
That looks to be about the same price they are going for in San Antonio, invoice is right at $21,851,00 for the Gulf States region according to NADA. One thing I've discovered with Toyota's in the region is that they add on a lot of accessories whether you want them or not which makes it hard to determine what the invoice and MSRP are, not to mention raise the price in comparison to other markets.
#3135 of 4032 LOOKING for TIPS And PRICING PLEASE
Nov 19, 2009 (9:59 am)
It's time again for me to start shopping for a car. This time we are looking for a RAV4 SPORTS 4x4 V6. With the EVP and the SAP. According to Edmunds, my price should be around $1200 OVER invoice, I think that is a bit too much for this car.
Can you please tell me what pricing you have been getting in the NYC and North NJ area.
We did real well on our Highlander, but I wouldn't send my enemies to that dealership. Maybe my mother in-law, but not my enemies.
#3136 of 4032 Re: LOOKING for TIPS And PRICING PLEASE [lapvn]
Nov 19, 2009 (10:40 am)
i got my best deal through 'cars.overstock.c0m' and ended up buying through Lawrence Toyota's (NJ) Internet Dept. Worked w. Matt Bliffert with much of the paperwork via fax & email, even a signed Buyers Order. He's a pretty cool, easy going guy respects your personal info, so if you work with him, please dont piss him off and turn him into all the other horrible salesmen I dealt w/ 3 wks prior to Lawrence.
overstock quotes can be gauranteed and non-negotiable.. but they CAN, and are allowed to charged for any extras that are already installed on the car. and ofcourse, just because they quote you, doesnt mean they have it in stock. MattB actually helped me find the car in MD and drove it up all within 3 days. for the record it was a rare 3rdRow, in a rare Pacific Blue the time, so it really felt like they tried pretty hard to get me what i wanted when all other NY/NJ dealers kept giving me other colors even after a few days of "searching".. and they STILL spam me 2 months later about buying a RAV4.
ofcourse, they can also quote low and hammer on the fees..
but it's worth a look, worked out for me; maybe it'll work out for you too.
#3137 of 4032 Re: LOOKING for TIPS And PRICING PLEASE [puneecar]
Nov 19, 2009 (11:34 am)
Do you mind sharing how much you paid and the options. model, engine, etc...
#3138 of 4032 2010 Rav4 Limited
Nov 21, 2009 (12:29 pm)
I am looking to buy a 2010 4WD RAV4 Limited. I am having such a hard time knowing what a good price is.
The EVP w/out Navigation
Hood paint protection
DVD (I know this is after market)
Possibly remote start (not sure if it makes sense to add on our own)
Any ideas on where to start. We have gotten a 2 quotes of $29000. According to truecar.com this is a great price, but I have a hard time believing this when it was the 1st price we got from a dealer.
#3139 of 4032 Re: LOOKING for TIPS And PRICING PLEASE [lapvn]
Nov 22, 2009 (7:01 am)
First is that the more research I did the more I found out that this was a fairly sought out car. And if you were looking to get it at cost and if you were to get it at cost you had better buy all of them and turn them around for your own profit.
So we decided to pull the trigger on the following:
Barcelona Red 4x4 V6
Out the door price was $27,900. It is nothing earth shattering but I think it was a fair price. We really didn't want the last 4 items so we negotiated the price without as if they were'nt there. Dealership was very accomodating to us. Also, in this model they only had one other model in Black and a 2009 Gray.
I believe they had 2 LTD, and a bunch of the 4cylinder models which we did not want.
I hope you reply we made out good, but if you feel that we got screwed your opinion is still welcome so we know more about this dealership.
#3140 of 4032 Re: 2010 Rav4 Limited [mickeyd74]
Nov 22, 2009 (7:12 am)
I can't tell you about pricing but I can tell you about some of the things that you asked about.
DVD, normally the dealers will ADD (not replace) to the car so that means the dvd player will be placed under a seat so it makes it difficult to change the movie on the fly. So my suggestion is either get it straight from the plant (if you can find one) or get it as a third party like Best Buy.
In addition, since the Rav is a small car and I think the LTD comes with a sunroof you may not have enough room to put it over head which means you would need those systems where the screen is in the headrest.
What we did with our Highlander is buy one of those with the double screens and you attach it to the headrest.
Our Ody came from the plant with the DVD that we play movies and change movies smoothly.
Remote start, our dealer wanted $700 which I thought is BS. Do your research on this because you have to decide if you want one with or without an alarm. Also you will have to decide how important is the distance. With our Highlander we paid for an alarm with remote for $500, however with our Ody since it already had an alarm, I opted to get the model with just the remote start but with a distance of a mlle. So we had some trade offs.
Hood Paint - Forget it- it's called ZAINO baby. To me, it is the gift from the DEVIL.
Hope this helps - and when you meet the devil for Zaino, tell him I said hi
#3141 of 4032 Re: Price paid for 2010 RAV4, basic, FWD, 4cyl [largee2007]
Nov 22, 2009 (4:18 pm)
Where did you get your RAV4 and how much was the value package and floor mats?
#3142 of 4032 Re: 2010 RAV4 - How Close to Invoice? [samuelhuo]
Nov 22, 2009 (4:27 pm)
I'm from East Bay, which dealer offered you this? what's in the QV package?