Last post on Dec 05, 2013 at 1:21 PM
You are in the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences
What is this discussion about?
Subaru Outback, Wagon, SUV
#3368 of 3458 2013 Premium Outback w/ All weather, Package 1A,
Mar 20, 2013 (12:34 pm)
In North Carolina. Just purchased a 2013 Outback 2.5i Premium w/ All-Weather & Popular Package #1A plus two small items (also about $150). Paid $24,696 + TTL (out the door under $26k).
Used Edmunds to get internet quotes. Then called up the best quotes, asked some questions, they offered an additional discount over the phone. No other dealers could match it. Went in, test drove, did the paperwork - incredibly easy. If your near Raleigh, Call Sean at Southern States Subaru.
If it matters, we financed a small part, paid part in cash, and got a $1600 trade-in for a 2001 Subaru Outback.
Hope this helps - highly recommend using the internet for a few days of comparison shopping/emailing/etc. after you've decided which vehicle you want.
#3369 of 3458 NC Outback Subaru
Mar 21, 2013 (8:38 am)
I meant to add to the above - the $24,696 was before the trade-in; the price after a trade-in was $23,096.
#3370 of 3458 2013 Subaru Outback Wagon
Apr 08, 2013 (8:12 pm)
2.5 Premium PZEV, all weather package, all weather mats, protectors, lock kit, cargo nets, bumper kit, etc. DMV, destination= $25,600 + tax.
+ $45 title, $230 registration, $10 inspection, $12 tire
in westchester, ny.
Got good offers through consumer reports in Jersey and Ct.
#3371 of 3458 Re: 2013 Subaru Outback Wagon [bitch_cakes]
Apr 09, 2013 (8:03 am)
Good deal, congrats. I bet people are paying more for XVs.
#3372 of 3458 Re: 2013 Subaru Outback Wagon [ateixeira]
Apr 25, 2013 (12:08 pm)
San francisco bay area.
Just bought a 2013 outback 2.5 Limited (no moonroof)
Paid $26,XXX for vehicle, $29,XXX OTD (includes all taxes, dmv fees, etc).
finance 1.9% for 5 years
1) I sent internet quote requests to various dealerships in the bay area, and narrowed down to Capitol and Livermore
2) Ended up buying at Livermore bc offered best price. Sales was Ahmed, good guy, no BS, no games, nice and easy for both parties. Just tell him a young guy bought from him earlier this month and recommended his services.
3) Saw the 2014 forester, it looks very nice, but I already made up my mind for the Outback.
just a quick recap of strategy used:
1) visit dealership test drive, find out the exact vehicle,trim, color you want (let them know you will buy soon but not today)
2) Use edmunds online quote request for a 5-7 dealerships w/in your area
3) Narrow down to 2/3 dealerships, provide them your county tax rate and ask for OTD price. Let them know you will buy within the next couple weeks, and price is the determining factor since you already know which vehicle you want. *emphasize to them this could be their easiest sale in a while.
4) Agree price on phone/email, no need to renegotiate in your second visit. let them know first sign of BS, you will walk out to other dealership (be nice and firm)
5) on purchasing date, call them ahead of time to request them to wash the vehicle and fill up the gas tank. At the dealereship, let them know you will give them a good review online/subaru and will recommend their services if anyone complements your vehicle.
Thanks everyone for all the insight.
Enjoy the journey.
#3373 of 3458 Re: 2013 Subaru Outback Wagon [divinewind]
Apr 26, 2013 (5:53 am)
AutoBlog just tested an Audi allroad quattro, the new A4-based model, and the sticker on that was over $50k!
You paid HALF!
#3374 of 3458 Re: 2013 Subaru Outback Wagon [ateixeira]
Apr 26, 2013 (3:21 pm)
ateixeira, just figured out you are a moderator and work for Edmunds
you are so fake..
just like the rest of your colleagues...nyaz1, cwstrees, etc.
Edmunds has many fake' profiles [who work for them] to increase feel good' factor and encourage people to buy...they probably get incentives from the the internet quote requests, and also increase Edmund's marketing/popularity...
will stop using Edmunds.
#3375 of 3458 Re: 2013 Subaru Outback Wagon [divinewind]
Apr 26, 2013 (5:00 pm)
Come to an auto show and meet other members in person, including some of the mods. Last time we got some nice tchotchkes.
#3376 of 3458 Re: 2013 Subaru Outback Wagon [ateixeira]
Apr 26, 2013 (5:41 pm)
Some nice what?!
Interesting and unexpected turn this conversation took..... :?
#3377 of 3458 Re: 2013 Subaru Outback Wagon [xwesx]
Apr 27, 2013 (4:34 am)
Freebies, swag. We got Edmunds T-shirts and some other stuff.
Plus it's cool to put faces to names. And if anyone thinks we're a figment of someone's imagination they can see for themselves that they're wrong.