Last post on Nov 23, 2013 at 7:49 AM
You are in the Acura TSX
What is this discussion about?
Acura TSX, Electrical, Engine, Sedan
Go to NHTSA to file a safety complaint.
Or call Monday-Friday (8 am to 8 pm ET) (888) 327-4236 TTY: (800)424-9153
#1226 of 1262 2004 Acura TSX Air Conditioning randomly goes out
Jul 06, 2010 (7:09 pm)
My daughter has a 2004 Acura TSX and recently has had a problem with the A/C going out. Also when this happens the thermometer on the dash goes out. Sometimes I can turn the engine off and restart it and the A/C comes back on but this doesn't work everytime. It's a very random problem and really no way of knowing when it's going to go off or come back on.
Has anyone else had this type of problem? I have taken it to the Acura dealership and they have a part ordered but it's on backorder. They tell me that this may or may not fix the problem because this recall part is actually supposed to address another problem with the dash lights going out.
I would appreciate any info anyone might have on this.
#1227 of 1262 Re: 2004 Acura TSX Air Conditioning randomly goes out [dtp55]
Jul 07, 2010 (2:42 am)
go to the acurazine website-it has been discussed there-the 04 tsx seems to have a/c problems
#1228 of 1262 Re: 2004 Acura TSX Air Conditioning randomly goes out [dtp55]
Jul 07, 2010 (4:38 am)
Have you checked your battery and/or alternator. Mine(same year) acted up when the battery was dying.
#1229 of 1262 Re: 2004 Acura TSX Air Conditioning randomly goes out [dtp55]
Jul 10, 2010 (12:31 pm)
I also have a 2004 tsx and mine went out completely. At first it was random now Acura of Peoria tells me I need a new unit. Google 2004 acura tsx ac and you'll find that its beyond a major issue with 04 to 06 models.
Now I've learned that for it to be a recall, it as to be a safety issue. However, Acura corporate is aware and in some cases I've read that they will pick up the cost, others not at all.
In my case, my service advisor, Vance, told me that because of my "lack of loyalty to their service dept." Acura will cover half. Therefore my cost would be $2200.00. Unacceptable when this is a manufacture defect and Acura is aware of it.
I've been torn and thinking I should trade it in on a BMW or even a Toyota Camry but I just feel I can't consciously let Acura get away with this.
I let my service advisor know that I would rather take the $2200.00 and hire a lawyer and go to our local news channel before I give them a dime.
#1230 of 1262 Re: 2004 Acura TSX Air Conditioning randomly goes out [franquimarie]
Jul 10, 2010 (12:36 pm)
Just another tidbit to add....It was the service advisor who put the bug in my ear that the ac unit is a known problem because of a metal piece that grinds into, I believe, the compressor which evaporates the ac fumes.....Seriously this guy went into detail and with just about EVERY complaint, others state the same thing...metal shavings.
Wish I was computer saavy in the way to contact all these Acura owners and start a class action suit. Hmmm
#1231 of 1262 Re: 2004 Acura TSX Air Conditioning randomly goes out [franquimarie]
Jul 10, 2010 (12:41 pm)
did you look at the acurazine website-it is discussed there. I think there is even a post looking for people that had problems with the a/c. I am lucky, so far. (knock-on-wood). The a/c on my 06 tsx with 108K miles works excellent. Use it a lot here on the coast of North Carolina.
#1232 of 1262 2010 TSX PAINT QUALITY / FOGLIGHT CRACKED
Jul 14, 2010 (6:56 am)
I have a 2010 TSX Crystal Black Pearl 11K Miles. The front end looks like a shotgun went off on it from some highway driving. One of my Foglights just cracked down the middle from a stone. Paint looks like it has one coat of Clear Coat and one Coat of paint. I am highly dissapointed in the quality of Acura. It seems they are cutting corners. I just called the dealer and they said they will look at the foglight and make a decision if they will cover it or not. As far as the paint they should repaint my front end! This is crazy! Please share any of your paint / foglight experiences
#1233 of 1262 Need advice - 2008 Acura TSX, botched transmission rebuild BY DEALER
Jul 14, 2010 (7:12 am)
I think I posted here soon after my transmission was rebuilt, but here's a summary of what happened
00. My car is an 08 TSX 6-speed, purchased new (paid a bit more than I should have because it was the combo I was looking for), 26k miles, 23k miles when problems crept up.
01. Back in January/February of this year, third gear started to grind really bad. I took it to a dealership with otherwise decent reviews. They made me drive it in a few times (a huge convenience since it was the opposite way from work, so I drove ~170 miles each day those days). They took it in for a rebuild, and when they had it in they said the clutch was shot and needed replacement. I argued that's impossible, the car has 23k miles (and I *DO NOT* drive hard, and over half of the miles on the car were highway miles). The service advisor went on to say I have to "pay to play," and that it's "obvious" I had fun with the car. Acura Corporate was useless, took over a week to "research" and concluded by saying dealership is their eyes and ears so they can't do anything at all.
02. I paid for the clutch replacement (no choice), picked up the car on a cold day and EVERY SINGLE GEAR SHIFT was rough, with the occasional shift blocked. I've driven stick for a long time but never had to have a transmission repaired/clutch replaced, and since the service department was gone for the day I drove home and assumed it needed to break in. The clutch engagement point is basically a centimeter off the floor, and clutch engagement felt "slushy."
03. Took it back to the dealership a few days later, and the same service advisor said this is all normal (surprise) and that new clutches SHOULD engage right off the floor. He didn't even take it in, just drove it out the drop off place and said it was fine. I realized that reverse now grinds often when I engage it, and rough shifting (especially in 3-4) ensued.
04. Soon after, I took it to yet another local dealership. Told them the whole story, and asked them to check it. They drove it around, I *HEARD* the shifter clunking, but the tech said everything was fine. They changed the MTF as a "one time courtesy," and as I watched it looked like engine oil - yellow and all (I'm told it should be a different color?) The clutch seemed "normal" now (albeit the ridiculously low engagement point), and the shifts felt smoother. Still way off from the smooth, buttery shift I was used to, and the clunking, blocked/rough shifts ensued. Of course, looking back at their service order they said the MTF in it previously was fine. Considering how rough it was in cold weather prior, I'm certain it was regular engine oil in my transmission box for 1k miles in sub-zero temperatures.
05. I took it back two more times, but each time the techs claimed "everything was fine."
06. Decided to take it to yet ANOTHER dealership, and guess what? These guys are saying it feels fine to them too. I suspec
I paid almost $30k for this car new all said and done, and I *HATE* driving it because the shifting is completely botched up. It's obvious how bad the engagement is of every gear, but how do I fight the "well *I* don't feel anything wrong with your car, so it's OK" argument? I don't want to trade it in, and don't want to pay $3k for a rebuild THAT SHOULD BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY!!!
My dream car is now my nightmare.
#1234 of 1262 Re: 2010 TSX PAINT QUALITY / FOGLIGHT CRACKED [gbosil]
Jul 14, 2010 (7:13 am)
I think one of the biggest complaints is the lousy paint that chips easy. If I had known sooner I would have invested in a clear bra. I own a 06 tsx, bought new 11/06. Both foglights cracked within the first 6 months. The dealer replaced them free as a one-time goodwill. I then put rockblocker (no longer in business) on them.
My car now has 108K+miles with the original brakes and runs excellent.
#1235 of 1262 Re: 2010 TSX PAINT QUALITY / FOGLIGHT CRACKED [nj2pa2nc]
Jul 14, 2010 (1:20 pm)
"If I had known sooner I would have invested in a clear bra."
Now cut that out, young lady! All the nuns that run this place are all blushing.