Last post on Dec 11, 2013 at 11:48 AM
You are in the Mazda6
What is this discussion about?
Mazda MAZDA6, Hatchback, Sedan, Wagon
Go to NHTSA to file a safety complaint.
Or call Monday-Friday (8 am to 8 pm ET) (888) 327-4236 TTY: (800)424-9153
#1060 of 2862 same as midwesttrader
Apr 03, 2004 (11:36 am)
I also have a 2004 Mazda6s with a slight ticking sound coming from the fan.Its a very low clicking sound that seems to vary with fan speed.I also have a 2002 buick Rendezvous with the same problem.I think for now I will ignore it,unless it starts getting louder.If anyone has any Info. on it,please say.As far as a loaner car goes my Mazda dealer also uses Enterprise and I got a Toyota Echo. They said for $5 I could have gotten a Chevy Trailblazer to use.As long as I was given a car to use for nothing I didn't care.
#1061 of 2862 a-HA! I am NOT a "Car-O-Chondriac"!
Apr 03, 2004 (4:11 pm)
Thanks to everyone and all of the posters on this site. I have learned a great deal about my Mazda6 in the last few hours reading these posts!
1. Howling noise when parking - been to the dealer twice with this, they think I am NUTS. They can't duplicate it but it happens to me every day. Everyone at work knows when I pull in because it is so LOUD! Can't hardly sneak in late with that going on.
2. Clutch Shudder - this happens mostly in the morning, and since the dealer already thinks I am NUTS, I was afraid to mention it. Now I will.
3. Noise in Dashboard/Fan - When fan is turned on low, makes an annoyong rattling sound.
4. Rattle from engine at low RPM (like when idling through a neighborhood.
5. Floods easily - this has happened to me twice, so not worth mentioning to the people who think I am nuts.
6. MOST EMBARRASING: last weekend when I hit the unlock button on my remote, the panic alarm went off and WOULD NOT STOP for 20 MINUTES! We tried driving down the road, putting it in reverse, slamming the doors. My husband couldn't find the horn to unplug it.
Do you know the beauty of it all? I still love this car. All I have ever owned is Mazdas, and this one has been the best. What a ride.
Apr 03, 2004 (7:38 pm)
You should have 2 remotes for keyless entry. Use the other remote if the one you were using didn't turn off the panic sound.
Wondering how the panic alarm was stopped after 20 mins.
Apr 04, 2004 (8:50 am)
Yeah, I guess if we were home, we could have grabbed that other remote (my husband doesn't carry it - he says it is too bulky). Maybe I should keep it handy just in case.
How did it stop after 20 minutes? We don't know. It just did. Pretty bizarre.
Apr 04, 2004 (5:34 pm)
Dont know if any of you know but you cant lock the car with the key and open it with the remote. The alarm will sound.
Apr 04, 2004 (6:00 pm)
Thanks for that info, dondilio! I suppose if I read the manual I would probably find that in there somewhere. That is probably what kicked the whole alarm debacle off.
Apr 04, 2004 (8:19 pm)
I know my 99 626 couldnt be locked with the remote and opened with the key, and you CAN lock my 2000 mpv with a key and open it with the remote. Havent gotten into either situation with my 04' 6 yet. will try tomorrow......
Apr 05, 2004 (3:54 pm)
When it happened to me it was my first day with the car. I looked and looked in the manual and didn't find anything, maybe I was a little stressed hearing the alarm and couldn't find it or anything about what could have triggered the alarm. At least it happened in my house instead of the mall.
I also called Roadside Assistance and ironically the only thing I didn't found was assistance. They told me to disconnect the battery.
Apr 06, 2004 (6:34 am)
Liven up your evening and join your fellow enthusiasts every Tuesday from 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET for our Mazda Mania Chat!
We have another set of Mazda-related trivia questions this week, so be prepared! And I'm hoping that icvci returns to let us know how the ad campaign/incentive idea is progressing! Hope to see YOU there on Tuesday!
Mazda Mania Chat Room
Pickups & News & Views Message Boards
#1069 of 2862 HVAC ticking/clicking
Apr 06, 2004 (7:52 am)
My 2000 Protege had a similar condition, I figured it was a leaf caught in the fan and asked the dealer in Ft. Lauderdale to take a look at it on the last service before the base warranty expired. They ended up replacing the fan unit at no charge and voila, the clicking went away. In the Protege, the blower unit was right behind the glove box, the glove box was easily removed to access the blower, you may want to see if the 6 has a similar configuration. .....or just ask the dealer to remove the leaf and get a new unit.