Last post on Mar 31, 2013 at 8:15 AM
You are in the Mazda6
What is this discussion about?
Mazda MAZDA6, Hatchback, Sedan, Wagon
Go to NHTSA to file a safety complaint.
Or call Monday-Friday (8 am to 8 pm ET) (888) 327-4236 TTY: (800)424-9153
#2849 of 2858 2009 Mazda 6 maintenance
Oct 17, 2008 (1:51 pm)
I just bought the 2009 Mazda 6, I usually do the oil changes myself. I was looking at the engine compartment and the filter does not look like a standard filter. Is it one of those paper filters that has a metal housing? Can you only buy it from Mazda? Has anyone already changed the oil on their 2009 Mazda 6 with the 2.5L engine?
Also I am planning to immediately switch it to synthetic oil with my first oil change.
#2850 of 2858 Re: 2009 Mazda 6 maintenance [jkobty2]
Oct 20, 2008 (4:10 pm)
The 2.3 liter engine in the previous model used a cartridge filter.There is a good chance this engine uses that type of filter also.
#2851 of 2858 Re: 2009 Mazda 6 maintenance [jkobty2]
Oct 22, 2008 (2:48 pm)
i just went onto NAPA Online. The 2.5 has the same filter as the 2.3. You have a cartridge filter. Pep Boys also carries filters for these engines.
Jan 05, 2009 (5:46 pm)
The low beam lense is dirty or cloudy. Can it be cleaned?
Mar 07, 2010 (6:40 pm)
i brought a new 2110 mazda 6 i touring 4 cyl inotice a hole under the oil filter should there be a round cover there and can i use synthetic oil
Mar 27, 2010 (10:28 am)
i have a new 2010 i touring 6 does anyone know if the front windows go down with the key fab i was told by the dealer not on the model i have but in the owners manual it doesnt say what model
Aug 30, 2010 (7:39 am)
i have a 2110 mazda6 now the horn does not sound when i lock the doors with the keyless anyone have a clue
#2856 of 2858 Re: keyless entry [ronsteff]
Aug 30, 2010 (11:17 am)
Make sure the trunk and hood are tightly latched as well, the horn won't sound if the trunk is ajar...
Dec 25, 2012 (12:43 pm)
I'll touch on all important aspects.
1) Rustproofing: Electronic - complete waste of time, spray it with something, inspected yearly
2) Change PCV Valve yourself or insist on it being changed because Mazda will never do it as it is not on their service schedule Ok after first 3-4 years, then do it every 2 years. I have 2 PCV in line
3) Auto Tranny Fluid is not lifetime, change it every 35,000 miles or sooner. An extra external tranny cooler is advisable. If Mazda says no, go to tranny shop!
4) Clean your MAF sensor and throttle body every 2-3 years
5) change brake fluid and power steering fluid every 3-4 years
6) change spark plugs 65,000 miles clean EGR valve
7) change ignition coils 100,000 miles
8) intake accordian tube before throttle body does leak after a while giving you problems
#2858 of 2858 Re: window tint [musiclawyer]
by Mr_Shiftright HOST
Mar 31, 2013 (8:15 am)
Maybe $80 -$90 for the pair. Keep in mind though that the tint is applied to the inside of the windows, so anything that can scratch that surface, like a dog's paws, or a seat belt snapping against it, etc, or anything you load in the back that might touch the film--that'll all damage the tint.