* Server response code: 500
We've had a minor breakdown.
We've had a minor breakdown.
The page you were looking for didn't load. Try refreshing the page, or check out our
Last post on Jun 07, 2009 at 3:06 AM
You are in the Dodge Magnum
What is this discussion about?
Dodge Magnum, Dodge Magnum SRT-8, Wagon
#1734 of 1963 Buying a 2006 SXT AWD
May 03, 2006 (3:15 pm)
Brand new to these forums... 38 year old, real big guy from Fort Lauderdale FL. Was originally in the market to buy a new Honda Element, but found the engine pathetically anemic. Tried my 2nd choice, the Toyota RAV4, but found the seating to be pretty tight for me. Tested about a dozen other vehicles and during the process, I fell in love with the Magnum SXT AWD. I found the Magnum's combination of fuel economy, safety, and super cool looks totally irresistable.
I'm going to be going in and special ordering a fairly loaded 2006 SXT AWD in Black Crystal Pearl this Saturday, and had a few questions to ask. I just read thru the last 8 pages on here and didn't see any of these answered, so figured I'd ask, and will hopefully get a response before I goto buy on Sat.
1) Any problems with the self-sealing tires? Are these the "garbage" Continental tires everyone is mentioning? I read something about tire drift to the right in the 2005 RT model; would my current model have the same issue?
2) Any problems or issues with the load leveling and height control?
3) Are the power adjustable pedals worth getting? The model I test drove didn't have them, but I'm wondering if they really make much of a difference?
4) I would LOVE to get the Electronics Convenience Group, which seems (SADLY) to only be available on the RT and SRT8 models... sucks Does anyone happen to know if, since I'm special ordering this car anyway, Dodge will let me get it installed anyway? I'm hoping so, but haven't asked the dealer yet. I REALLY REALLY want the trip computer and info center... if it's a no go, might anyone know of a suitable aftermarket add-on I could use that handles this job adequately? I'm a TOTAL gadget freak and would love to have this on my ride!
Any other issues I should be on the lookout for?
Mitch =O )
May 10, 2006 (7:37 pm)
I wanted to find out what kind of gas people are using in their Maggies and if there are any problems with it. The owners manual recommends using the mid-grade (89 octane) but says you can use the 87 octane (low grade). There is about 10 - 15 cent different in price per gallon, so I want to see if anyone found any problems with the lower grade gas. Let me know if you had any problems or found worse gas mileage or performance problems.
#1739 of 1963 Re: Why is the 3.5L engine priced so high! [luvmbooty]
May 11, 2006 (6:23 pm)
I just brought home a 2005 special edition Magnum SXT which was a dealer demo (4800 miles on it). It is pretty much loaded (sticker $29310). My cost was $22995. Do not know how many of them are still out there. The 2005 also had the 7yr./70000 power train warranty, which has now been discontinued. Good luck.
#1740 of 1963 Leasing a 2005 or 2006 Magnum
May 12, 2006 (9:45 am)
Does anyone know the following information regarding leasing a new 2005 or 2006 Magnum R/T RWD? My local dealers have a number of 2005 and 2006 on the lot and I was wondering if Chrysler is providing any subsidized leases.
Residual and money factor for the following:
24 month for 12K and 15K miles per year
36 month for 12K and 15K miles per year
May 14, 2006 (6:05 pm)
I will read back, but considering a Magnum and wondering about real work MPG with the 3.5 vs the Hemi. Can owners share their experience?
#1742 of 1963 Re: MPG [homerkc]
May 15, 2006 (5:45 am)
I have only had my 3.5 for a short while but am averaging 25-26 mpg on the road and 22-23 in mixed driving. My Magnum has about 5000 miles on it
#1743 of 1963 Re: MPG [homerkc]
May 15, 2006 (7:46 pm)
Look at message 1735
Have now 1000 miles more, city goes up to 17 mpg, highway is stable at 22 mpg.
But remember it's a AWD and I drive it hard