Last post on Nov 05, 2012 at 3:05 PM
You are in the Nissan Armada
What is this discussion about?
Nissan Armada, SUV
#3295 of 3836 Nissan buy back, 2005 purchase
Nov 27, 2004 (8:02 am)
Well it's been a bumpy ride, but Nissan finally agreed to repurchase my "lemon" 2004 Armada. As weird as it sounds, I purchased another 2005 Armada LE with everything. (The back-up camera is awesome)I am a very repeat customer of Nissan (seven cars), and what a difference!!! The ride, interior plastics, the quietness, all are greatly improved!!! Totally different from my old 2004. I got another Armada, simply because there is nothing out there that compares. The Ford Expedition only has 6 speakers, sounds like an economy car stereo.I drove two, one had an electrical problem, the second one had a tranny whine. The countless other "Extras" are standard on the Armada. Sequoia is very outdated, and very under powered. Basically I was spoiled in the 2004, and could not go back to an ordinary SUV. Now, if my 05 can only remain as tight and solid as it is now. only has 65 miles now.........
#3296 of 3836 Re: Nissan buy back, 2005 purchase [scott174]
Nov 27, 2004 (9:07 pm)
Keep us posted on how the 05 handles the wear and tear..particularly on the squeak/rattle thing.
#3297 of 3836 Re: Nissan buy back, 2005 purchase [scott174]
Nov 28, 2004 (7:33 pm)
Scott, I know you don't have time to write this all down here, but what do you have to do to initiate a buy back? Mine has had so many problems that you can't believe and they refuse to repair most of them. My brakes have right at 3,000 miles since the new rotors so this is the 3rd time my brakes have been worked on. I have 16,500 miles on it now. It is shaking hard again. I mean 3,000 miles?? Every problem I complained about is now a bulletin but that doesn't matter. They still refuse to repair them saying they don't hear or can't find a problem. I am hopefully going to another dealership this week. I have been "meaning" to go for about a couple of months now but my other car has been down so I will hopefully get it back mid week this week so I can do without the Armada. Here are a list of my gripes and problems that haven't been resolved.
Keep in mind, I bought mine in November of 2003.
1. Clicking popping sound when I take off.
2. Squeaky seats
3. Rotors turned, then at 13k miles or so I got new rotors and the brakes were shot. Now the new rotors have 3k miles on them and are warped badly.
4. I complained that there is a rotor "helicopter" noise from under the hood. They said they didn't hear it. I complained and took it in 2 times for this. Now there is a bulletin on it. I even printed out another post that says it was a purge valve. They said they never heard of a purge valve.
5. Resonance in ceiling still. They say they can't hear it so won't fix anything that is not a problem.
6. Rear console loose. They say this is normal and says it won't get any tighter.
7. My tires are worn out. I replaced one already due to a flat but it was worn so badly it needed to be replaced. The other bad one is now a spare and I bought a new tire. I took it in for the alignment bulletin. They said I missed the warranty period by 500 miles so I had to do it myself. All 4 wheels were off so ruined my tires. Keep in mind that at 12,500 miles my tires were getting their 4th rotation and balance.
8. Tires lose air and sensor goes off. They told me I am neglecting the air in my tires and that is why the tires are wearning. I can put air in and 2 weeks sometimes or less, the tires need air.
9. Front overhead console was broken and it took about 4 months to get it in after it was ordered. This took care of a major rattle.
10. Front end shakes bad when you hit a dip in the road or go over a bump. It is like the front end is loose. The steering wheel will actually pull back and forth when you hit a bump. Dealer said it is normal and asked what do I expect, it is a SUV!
11. Rattle in dash is new so they haven't looked at it.
12. Now has a bad idle and makes a noise from under the hood. This is recent. Not sure what that can be. Still runs good under load but has a rough idle. (different from the purge valve noise)
13. Drivers seat will adjust by itself overnight. The seat back has to be set back every morning. It actually straightens up. Weird I know but my friends does the same thing.
14. If you sit on the edge of the seat (not hitting the controls) the seat back will close in on you. My friends does the same thing. He has a Le. I have an SE.
15. Transmission I still think isn't right. For some odd reason, when I sometimes put it into gear and give it gas, It will jump into gear. It did it a couple of times yesterday, one today. I was sitting in a parking space, started it, put it into gear and took off and then it jerked after already taking off like it was slipping. Not sure what the problem could be, but know they will say there is nothing wrong.
I have complained to the Nissan Factory and they opened a file on it but basically they told me what the dealer says, goes. Anyway, like I said, I haven't been able to take it back but will to a different dealer (same owner though which is unfortunate)
Their policy they told me is when you take the vehicle in, they are not allowed to take it to a mechanic. The service writer has to be able to duplicate what you say or they can't take it to the service department. I found this out after it sat for 4 1/2 days before I picked it up and found it had only been into the shop to check the brakes only. They said the pads were bad but rotors were within spec. They had to order parts. They came in around 2-3 weeks later. By that time the rotors were shot and I got new ones.
Sorry about the long post. I think I have been in the shop about 6 times and this was all in the 1st 6 months or so. I will have to check to see exactly. What can I do?? Again, how do I go about doing a buyback? This thing just feels like driving a 100k mile vehiche that is worn out! If the 2005 model is any better I would look at that. I shouldn't but would. Of course not from the same dealer. They have proved they don't care.
To give you some background. My last new vehicle before this was an Isuzu Trooper. I owned it for 6 years and it was only in the shop for warranty work for a torn leather seat. (windshield was bad about fogging but they said there was nothing they could do) Thats it. I am usually easy to please. This thing is just a piece of junk!
#3298 of 3836 Re: Nissan buy back, 2005 purchase [scott174]
Nov 28, 2004 (7:40 pm)
I'm also undergoing Florida lemon law process for Armada being in shop for over 30 days. I have an arbitration hearing on 12/06 and hopefully end then, but may have to go through state arbitration. Anyway, I'm interested to know your 04 Armada problems.
Never mind...I just found the long version of your previous posting.
#3299 of 3836 Re: Nissan buy back, 2005 purchase [soldaustin]
Nov 28, 2004 (10:55 pm)
Sorry to hear all of your problems.
All I can say is Nissan was basically just going to stand by their warranty regarding all my problems. Once all the issues with my truck were not solved by their TSB's I contacted a Lawyer. They had told me that Nissan is one of the worst to deal with.(Nissan seems to think that they make ALL perfect vehicles) I had everything documented from the Dealer. I Basically told my Dealer what the Armada was doing, and made sure they could hear, or duplicate the issue. If you are not going to get another Dealer, I strongly suggest that you call 1-800-Nissan1 again, and complain.(Again) Also be sure to talk to the service Manager. Have you tried that? Tell them that you are fed up with having to try to beg them to do warranty work. The service advisors job is to write up the paper work and to charge you for services that you do not need. Nothing else!! They have not been trained in Diagnosing problems. Be sure to make that clear to the service manager. Only a trained Tech can and should be the only ones making the call on what is "normal" and what is not. Tell Dick your service writer that you want to go on a test drive with the technician. You are totally entitled to this. That way, there is no miscommunication from you and the arrogant service writer. You may say one thing, and he "writes" another. If you still do not get any satisfaction, call a lemon law attorney. I'm in California, and it took about 6 months for resolve. Let me know about the Dealer outcome.
#3300 of 3836 Re: Nissan buy back, 2005 purchase [bmarmada]
Nov 28, 2004 (10:59 pm)
Arbitration hearing? Did you start this through the BBB? I know of no one who was successful going that route!!! Keep in mind that Nissan will also be covering ALL the legal costs as well in your filing. This should not cost you ANYTHING! Get a Lemon Law Attorney, you need someone on your side, not a meeting where you walk away with the same crappy problematic auto.
#3301 of 3836 soldaustin transmission
Nov 29, 2004 (2:16 pm)
There's a TSB out now on your transmission shift (11/22/04)
#3302 of 3836 Armada width?
Nov 30, 2004 (5:37 am)
Can anyone tell me the Armada width with one and/or both side mirrors extended? Likely will be purchasing in the next few months, and I need to know if it will fit in the garage door (which I believe is 7'6" wide). Thanks.
#3303 of 3836 Re: Armada width? [wbs1]
Nov 30, 2004 (5:49 am)