Last post on Dec 05, 2013 at 5:13 PM
You are in the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences
What is this discussion about?
Honda CR-V, Wagon, SUV
#8765 of 13033 Re: Honda CRV --best price to pay for CRV '09 AWD EX-L [vet2be1973]
Jul 14, 2009 (8:48 am)
We never really liked the new Accord EX we leased (we loved our midsized 2005 Accord EX - it was sporty, agile, nimble, and had pep) but the new full-sized Accord just is underpowered, sluggish and drives more like an old person's car, even with the more powerful 190hp 4-cylinder engine. The interior is poorly laid out too, compared to the 2005 model.
Why didn't you just keep the car you loved?
#8766 of 13033 Re: purchased AWD CRV LX [happywakko]
Jul 14, 2009 (12:54 pm)
Hi happywakko, which dealer did you work with? I'm planning to buy a similar CRV in MA, haven't got a good price as low as yours yet ;(
#8767 of 13033 Re: CRV-EX-L [panizza]
Jul 14, 2009 (4:55 pm)
Thanks for asking. I purchased a CRV EX-L royal blue, gray interior today for $23,940, $399 fee, and the usual TTT. Window sticker was $26,717 (includes $670 destination charge). Car was orinially shipped from San Diego to Jacksonville, then transported to a dealership in GA (Nalley). Their sticker was $27,221 adding accent stripe, ultrafill nitrogen (whatever that is) cargo mats, and splash guards. The splash guards and mat was gone by the time I got the car because I asked the dealer I didn't want to pay for the addons. Car was swapped from one here in Jon Hall Honda (Daytona Beach). Excellent dealership to work with. No pressure, very accomidating! They threw in a cargo net, first two oil changes, and window tinting. I did all of the negotiations over the Internet. All I had to do was pick her up. Did I get a good deal? Thanks!
#8768 of 13033 Should I buy now or wait till Sept./Oct.?
Jul 15, 2009 (12:58 am)
Does anyone have an opinion on whether I would save a lot more money by waiting to buy at the end of Sept. or Oct., or would it be insignificant enough that I should buy now if the price is right?
I had a dealer say that prices are good right now because Honda has provided them with some dealer incentives for July. I don't know if he was trying to create urgency, or if he was being honest.
I'm looking to buy a 2009 EX-L 4WD.
#8769 of 13033 Re: purchased AWD CRV LX [jiade]
Jul 15, 2009 (11:30 am)
Re 09 LX AWD in MA ... Last week my buddy was quoted at $20,651 plus doc fee and TT&L, the MSRP is $23,155
If you want more info click my name to email me.
Jul 16, 2009 (4:48 am)
Does anyone have price information on a Wisconsin 2009 AWD CR-V EX-L? I’m being quoted “invoice price” but I’m sure it can be purchased at lower price. Thanks.
#8771 of 13033 Re: CR-V Ex-L [hennakai]
Jul 16, 2009 (5:39 am)
I would counter offer 25,007 on the MSRP 27,955, invoice 26,052
#8772 of 13033 Re: CR-V Ex-L [hennakai]
Jul 16, 2009 (6:03 am)
I'm in Chicago, so it's not WI, but pretty close. I got an internet quote from O'Hare Honda for a 2009 CRV EX-L AWD for $25,000 (including destination charge), which is ~$1000 UNDER the invoice price. Dealerships are getting $500 from Honda this month so you should get the car $500 less than invoice. Remember that the invoice price includes a 2% holdback, or ~$500-$600, which the dealer may be willing to share with you. Make sure to clarify with your dealership what the invoice price is because their invoice can be different than what you see online because the dealer invoice often includes a regional advertising fee (~1-2% invoice or MSRP)
#8773 of 13033 Re: CR-V Ex-L [bigdadi118]
Jul 16, 2009 (6:11 am)
Am I correct to assume that the 25007 offer includes the destination charge but not others such as document fee, etc.? Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
#8774 of 13033 Re: Should I buy now or wait till Sept./Oct.? [fallenhero21]
Jul 16, 2009 (6:11 am)
Dealerships are getting $500 from Honda now, but that is unlikely to evaporate soon. Many though it would end July 5th but it's still in effect. They just like to publish them monthly to give the salesmen a way to project a sense of urgency. As for advice, it depends on if you care about the car's color or other specific features, since as the year progresses the 2009 inventories will decrease, reducing your options. But if you don't have strong preferences (like an unpopular color) then waiting could be beneficial. Also, aiming for the end of a month helps since the dealerships are trying to meet monthly sales targets.