Last post on Nov 03, 2006 at 10:12 PM
You are in the Audi TT / TTS / TT-RS
What is this discussion about?
Audi TT, Coupe, Convertible
#3 of 145 Audi (fragili)T T
Dec 04, 2002 (9:36 pm)
I bought my 2000 TT two months ago and have had it in the shop for two weeks--all within the last three weeks actually. Three weeks ago I needed a new ignition coil. One week ago the water pump needed to be replaced. Neither problem was serious, but one left me stranded far from home and both have taken the car out of my hands for long stretches. Despite the beautiful design and impressive performance, I do not recommend this car. In fact, I want to tell as many people as possible to avoid the car.
Dec 13, 2002 (12:58 pm)
02TT, 225, cab, everything OK until 12k.
1) Gas leak - turned out seal went on fuel lead from plastic tank. Lucky car did not go boom.
2) Mirrors shakin like grandma w/too much caffeine.
3) Unlock car, get in, car turns over but does not start. Realize dash lights not on. Call towing, in the meantime disconnect neg battery cable (with borrowed wrench). Seems everything resets and off we go.
4) 10 days later #3 happens again.
5) Same day as #4, driving on interstate about 85. Flash car in front of me, split second everything shuts down and powers back up. What the ...? Hour later roll down window, happens again.
Get home, click lock on key and .... nothing. Click unlock, nothing. Open door, not only no dash lights, overhead lights out too. Complete system shut down. Oh well, decide I'll get it towed in the morning. Need to lock car, do it manually for first time with key in door. Forgot something inside, unlock door, open and viola! All lights come on! System back up!
Took it to the dealer today. Nothing recorded on car's computer. They can't/won't do anything.
This car's problems remind me of my old Opel GT.
Oh well, part of a sports car charm. An expensive sports car.
#6 of 145 Alignment problem?
Jan 06, 2003 (4:45 pm)
I own a 2002 TT -225hp manual. When I accelerate rapidly the car veers to left. Take my foot off gas and car straightens out. Service Dept. checked alignment and steering. Claims the problem is not a problem - rather, reflects steering torque caused by unequal axles. Anyone ever hear of this? I'm baffled.
Jan 07, 2003 (5:37 am)
yep...torque steer happens because of this. Too bad the EDL doesn't correct this.
#8 of 145 Off my list...
Jan 27, 2003 (12:01 pm)
Ok... I guess the TT is coming off my "dream car" list...
#10 of 145 TT Bad choice
Feb 09, 2003 (8:27 am)
Audi has just repurchased my 02 TT. The car was a hunk of junk. I had gas tank leaks, alternator and electrical problems, paint defects and on and on. I now have a Nissan 350Z-great car.