Last post on Aug 14, 2007 at 11:15 AM
You are in the Smart Shopper
What is this discussion about?
#164 of 171 Re: I bought a car this weekend... [madmanmoo]
Aug 14, 2007 (3:56 am)
Yup and after he confirmed you were a real buyer with the up front questions he broke all the ice and made you feel comfortable with the football questions.
Do you have football stuff in your car or maybe a bumper sticker or did he just make a good guess?
#165 of 171 Signs of a good salesperson
Aug 14, 2007 (5:00 am)
1. He greets you before your car stops moving, in doing this he shows that he is eager to help you. In the process he gives an elbow to the face of of one of his fellow sales people and trips another. This is just another sign of his eagerness to help and wants to ensure that you are not exposed to one of his less qualified co-workers.
2. His dress: White paten leather shoes, wide white belt, dress slacks, a white shirt, and a tie with cars on it and a hint of the ravviolli sauce from lunch 3 days ago. But most important check out the amount of gold he has on. If he only has a wedding ring and nothing else, run, run away quick, he is obviously a failure at his chosen profession. Now if he has 4 rings, a gold bracelet, and enough gold necklaces to qualify as Mr. T starter kit then you have found your man.
3. Conversation: Make sure he speaks only to you and does not even honor your wifes presence with a hello. But when he does eventually speak to her make sure he calls her, honey and darlin and only ask for her opinion when it comes to color. Every one knows buying a car is mans business and a women should not have to worry her pretty little head about it. Especially when you start talking about the money.
4. Make 110% sure that within 5 minutes of you looking at the first car these words come out of his mouth, "If I could get you a great deal would you buy this car today" This needs to happen before the test drive, actually it is best if it happens before he ever gets a key to open the door. This shows he is eager to get you done quickly, we all know your time is valuable.
5. After the sale: the way you will really know that you have found a winner and have been helped by the best they got is after the sale. When you get home you notice the floor mats are missing and you only got one key so you give him a call. After 3 days he does not return your calls. This shows that he is a great salesperson because he is helping so many customers in the manner he helped you that he does not even have time to call you.
But here is the icing on the cake that proves you got the best in the biz. You go to the dealership to get your key and floor mats and when you pull up your professional salesperson greets you and says, "Welcome to Sell and Forget Motors can I help you"? That proves he is so intent on taking care of a new customer he can't even remember you.
These are just a few of the things that show you how to get the best.
* Oops the 80's just called me, they want there stereo type back.
#166 of 171 Re: Signs of a good salesperson [joel0622]
Aug 14, 2007 (5:04 am)
I forgot one other crucial point.
His Business Card: Hopefully when you hands you his card it has the name of another salesperson scratched out and his name written in. This proves two things.
1. He is trying to keep overhead for the store down by not wasting cards
2. He is environmentally conscious.
#167 of 171 Re: Signs of a good salesperson [joel0622]
Aug 14, 2007 (5:27 am)
ROFL!!! Nice post.
#168 of 171 Re: I bought a car this weekend... [british_rover]
Aug 14, 2007 (6:50 am)
"Do you have football stuff in your car or maybe a bumper sticker or did he just make a good guess?"
He happened to make a random comment about his favorite football team and it went from there.
My point was that when I saw him approaching the car when we first pulled in (before we even stopped), I expected the worst - and even expected I wouldn't be able to deal with a store like this. But, in the end, it was enjoyable.
#169 of 171 Re: Signs of a good salesperson [joel0622]
Aug 14, 2007 (8:13 am)
#170 of 171 Re: Signs of a good salesperson [joel0622]
by Kirstie@Edmunds HOST
Aug 14, 2007 (9:33 am)
Joel, that is absolutely hilarious. Please, please just copy & paste it into your blog so that more people will see it. My spleen hurts from laughing.
#171 of 171 Re: Signs of a good salesperson [joel0622]
Aug 14, 2007 (11:15 am)
One more key phrase:
Once he's proven he knows nothing about the car you are interested in he has to ask:
"What can I do to earn your business?"