Last post on Mar 29, 2007 at 5:33 AM
You are in the Toyota Tundra
What is this discussion about?
Toyota Tundra, Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Truck
#608 of 2059 From Chevy's Site
Feb 16, 2007 (11:45 am)
Here is a fully loaded Silverado, in general, how much more would a Denali cost? I can't price it out online, but I'm guessing much of what is optional on the Silverado will be standard on the Denali. Any idea of what to expect?
BUILD YOUR OWN: Summary
Your Vehicle: 2007 Silverado 1500
Selected Style: Crew Cab Short Box
Exterior: Dark Blue Metallic
Interior: Light Cashmere/ Ebony Custom Leather-appointed
Total MSRP: $47,124.00
Color & Options: $8,134.00
Total MSRP:* $47,124.00
Dealer Installed: $0.00
*Tax, title, and license extra
• Crew Cab
• Short Box
• Features shown below are in addition to, or in place of, 4x4 Crew Cab 2LT features:
• Air cleaner: high-capacity
• Audio controls, rear: include volume, station selection and media type; dual headphone jacks (headphones not included) and power outlet
• Audio system: AM/FM stereo with in-dash six-disc CD changer/MP3 player, digital clock, seek-scan, auto tone control, automatic volume, TheftLock and auxiliary audio input jack
• Audio system: Bose speaker system, includes subwoofer in center console and eight speakers
• Differential: heavy-duty, automatic, locking rear
• Mirrors, outside: power-adjustable, power-folding, heated, body-color, include integrated turn-signal indicators and driver-side auto-dimming feature
• Remote vehicle starter system, factory-installed; includes Remote Keyless Entry
• Seating: Custom leather-appointed seating surfaces
• Seats: front, bucket; include 12-way power driver and front passenger adjusters; four-way power lumbar control; heated seat cushions and seatbacks; two-position driver memory; and adjustable head restraints
• Trailering equipment: heavy-duty, includes trailering hitch platform, seven-wire harness with seven-way sealed connector, high-capacity air cleaner and external transmission oil cooler
• Universal Home Remote transmitter
• Windshield washer fluid system: heated
• Wipers: Rainsense automatic wiper system
Exterior: Dark Blue Metallic
Interior: Light Cashmere/ Ebony Custom Leather-appointed
Options and Packages
• Air bags, , head curtain side-impact, front and rear outboard seating positions, with rollover sensor $0.0
• Air cleaner, , high-capacity $0.0
• Air conditioning, , dual-zone automatic climate control, with individual climate settings for driver and right-front passenger $0.0
• Audio system feature, , Bose premium speaker system, with sub-woofer in center console $0.0
• Audio system with navigation, , AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD/DVD player and DVD-based navigation, with voice prompts, seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume and TheftLock $2250.0
• Cargo management system, , aluminum front and side C-channel rails, located in the pickup box, includes 4 adjustable tie-down hooks $175.0
• Cooling, , auxiliary external transmission oil cooler, heavy-duty air-to-oil $0.0
• Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed, located on steering wheel $0.0
• Differential, , heavy-duty automatic locking rear $0.0
• Door locks, , power $0.0
• EZ-Lift Tailgate Package, includes (A60) locking tailgate and (PPA) EZ-Lift tailgate $95.0
• Engine, , Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI, with Active Fuel Management, (367 hp [273.7 kW] 5500 rpm, 375 lb-ft of torque [506.3 N-m] 4300 rpm), includes (KC4) external engine oil cooler, (KNP) auxiliary external transmission oil cooler, (AXN) heavy-duty 9.5" (24.1 cm) trailering axle and a door badge that reads "Vortec Max" $1000.0
• Entertainment system, , rear seat DVD player, with LCD display and 2 sets of wireless headphones $1295.0
• Floor covering, , color-keyed carpeting, with rubberized vinyl floor mats (Extended and Crew Cab models also include rear floor mats) $0.0
• Fog lamps, , front, halogen $0.0
• GVWR, , 7000 lbs. (3175 kg) $0.0
• Glass, , Solar-Ray deep-tinted, (all windows except light-tinted glass on windshield and driver- and front passenger-side glass) $0.0
• Luggage rack side rails, , roof-mounted, Black, (does not include cross rails) $195.0
• Mirror, , inside rearview auto-dimming, with 8-point compass and outside temperature display $0.0
• Mirrors, , outside heated power-adjustable vertical camper, manual-folding and extension, Black, integrated turn signal indicators, 50 square inch flat mirror surface positioned over a 20 square inch convex mirror surface with a common head and lower convex spotter glass (convex glass is not heated or power adjustable) $55.0
• Moldings, , bodyside, body-colored $0.0
• OnStar, , 1-year of Safe and Sound plan, . Includes Automatic Notification of Air Bag Deployment, Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance, Emergency Services, Roadside Assistance, Remote Door Unlock, OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics, Hands-Free Calling, AccidentAssist and Remote Horn & Lights $0.0
• Pedals, , power-adjustable, for accelerator and brake $0.0
• Rear Parking Assist, Ultrasonic with rearview LED display and audible warning $0.0
• Rear axle, , 3.73 ratio $0.0
• Recovery hooks, , front, frame-mounted $0.0
• Remote vehicle starter system, includes Remote Keyless Entry $0.0
• Safety Package, includes (JF4) Adjustable power pedals, (ASF) Head curtain side-impact air bags and (UD7) Rear Parking Assist $715.0
• Seat adjuster, , driver 6-way power $0.0
• Seat adjuster, , front passenger 6-way power $0.0
• Skid Plate Package, frame-mounted shields, includes front underbody shield starting behind front bumper and running to first cross-member, protecting front underbody, oil pan, differential case and transfer case $0.0
• Spare tire lock, keyed cylinder lock that utilizes same key as ignition and door $0.0
• StabiliTrak, , stability control system, with Proactive Roll Avoidance $0.0
• Steering wheel controls, , mounted audio controls $0.0
• Sunroof, , power, with express-open, Extended Cab retracts above roof, Crew Cab retracts into roof, includes (UG1) Universal Home Remote $685.0
• Suspension Package, , Off-Road, includes 1.81" (46 mm) shocks, off-road jounce bumpers, 34mm front stabilizer bar, (K47) high capacity air cleaner, (G80) heavy-duty automatic locking rear differential, (NZZ) Skid Plate Package and Z71 decals on rear quarters $275.0
• Tailgate lock $0.0
• Trailering equipment, , heavy-duty, includes trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, 7-wire harness (harness includes wires for: park lamps, backup lamps, right turn, left turn, electric brake lead, battery and ground) with independent fused trailering circuits mated to a 7-way sealed connector, wiring harness for after-market trailer brake controller (located in the instrument panel harness), and single wire for center high-mounted stop lamp, (K47) high-cap
#609 of 2059 Re: FUNNY [rockylee] 2007-Tundra Rocky Built [rockylee] [belias] [rockylee] [belias]
Feb 16, 2007 (11:52 am)
As noted above Rockylee is in the GST region. GST and SET have their own way of doing things separate from Toyota and the Toyota-direct regions.
The Build/Price functions are controlled regionally after the Base vehicle is chosen.
Note Rockylee's ZIP being 79029.
#610 of 2059 Re: FUNNY [rockylee] 2007-Tundra Rocky Built [rockylee] [belias] [rockylee] [belias] [kdhspyder]
Feb 16, 2007 (11:55 am)
I see... is it normal for their pricing to be higher than others? Or for their options/packages to be completely different?
#611 of 2059 Re: FUNNY [rockylee] 2007-Tundra Rocky Built [rockylee] [belias] [rockylee] [belias] [kdhspyder]
Feb 16, 2007 (12:01 pm)
I just tried that zip code at Toyota.com -- rockylee has a right to complain -- all the prices are like 10% to 20% higher on first glance... I don't get why that is, but I sure as he** would be mad!
Not to ignore his concerns, but maybe we should agree on pricing from a particular area that is a good representation of the "norm" in the country, that may help settle some issues...
#612 of 2059 Apples to Apples
Feb 16, 2007 (12:03 pm)
Let's put the Sierra Denali aside and compare apples to apples. Let's compare the following:
2007 GMC Sierra SLT/Chevy Silverado LTZ Crew Cab with the 6.0L Fully Loaded
2007 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Ltd, Also fully loaded.
These are equivalent vehicles. I think you will find the GM's are the better value.
Numbers please? (make sure to compare invoice to invoice and MSRP to MSRP). Although I seriously doubt you can order/buy a Tundra at invoice or below plus get at least $1K in cash incentives. And DON'T even think of telling me I can't get a GM truck for invoice, because I did!!! Plus I am getting at least $2K Cash back and maybe more depending on if GM has any more rebates come out before I take delivery in 3-4 weeks.
I paid $38,500 - $1000 cash back (Loyalty rebate) - $1000 cash back (Trade-in Allowance rebate) = $36,500
2007 GMC Sierra SLT Crewcab with 6.0L and 20" wheels. Fully loaded less Nav and Rear DVD.
Including electric sunroof which retracts into roof, not above it.
#613 of 2059 Re: FUNNY [rockylee] 2007-Tundra Rocky Built [rockylee] [belias] [rockylee] [belias] [kdhspyder] [belias]
Feb 16, 2007 (12:03 pm)
Yes much much different. See my prior post with the four options Rockylee spec'd out. Those are only SET/GST 'Packages'. Also their accessories are often entirely different than the Toyota accessories.
Both regions are owned by private businessmen who have the right to buy and redistribute all the Toyota vehicles in their respective regions. After buying the base vehicles from Toyota they can do as they wish with them.
#614 of 2059 Re: FUNNY [rockylee]
Feb 16, 2007 (12:05 pm)
"I also saw no sliding rear window. The Denali has one that is power retractable."
Rocky - in the Tundra CrewMax, the entire rear window (with defroster) goes DOWN, like the glass in the doors. And yes, it is powered.....
BTW - on that cost buildout, are there any boxes you DIDN'T check?
#615 of 2059 Re: Apples to Apples [jreagan]
Feb 16, 2007 (12:11 pm)
I know for a fact that Toyota rarely gives any kind of incentives on price -- best deals on any Toyota vehicle is around $2500 off. Expect maybe close to $2K off in the future, but certainly nothing now.
As for Chevy, there are better deals for sure, but they're pretty much starting to put lids on their prices as well though I'm sure one can still get at least $4K off of MSRP.
Judging by the numbers I see right now, it looks like they're almost neck-and-neck in terms of MSRP, so it really is going to come down to what kind of deal you can get. Doing a feature-for-feature comparison would be great except for the fact that it may be more bias in favor of the Toyota. That is because there are only a few different "packages" that Toyota offers whereas the Chevy gives you more options without being tied into a particular package. In any case, we'll need to run the numbers. The difference on Edmunds comparison isn't that much (under $1K), but I'm guessing that the Denali will be significantly more than either of these vehicles.
#616 of 2059 Re: Apples to Apples [jreagan]
Feb 16, 2007 (12:13 pm)
The official pricing on the CrewMax is not complete yet only the Base Price is out in most areas.
We can 'guesstimate' that the CrewMax $41500 Base MSRP will have little or no options other than Navi and Rear DVD.
All the safety equipment is standard .. Ditto Sierra/Silvy
Leather & Heated seats standard .. Ditto Sierra/Silvy
20" wheels .. $920 extra ( Edmunds )
JBL 440 watt + Bluetooth .. Standard No Cost
Parking assist sonar..$500 extra ( Edmunds )
Power retractable rear window.. Standard No Cost
Power sunroof.. $810 extra ( Edmunds )
MIsc accessories.. $250 extra
MSRP w/o Navi or Rear Ent should be about $44-$45000 MSRP.
Buyers are getting $500-700 above invoice on the other models from agressive dealers right from week one. $41000 for this sounds about right.
Both GM and Toyota have done their homework.
#617 of 2059 Re: Apples to Apples [belias]
Feb 16, 2007 (12:14 pm)
I've been told the GMC Sierra Denali will list close to $50K. Too much $$$!!! I would rather have the loaded up Sierra and the extra $10k in my pocket (or put toward a bigger boat).