Last post on Dec 11, 2013 at 4:52 PM
You are in the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences
What is this discussion about?
Acura MDX, Car Buying, SUV
#8802 of 13282 2008 Acura MDX- My Opinion
Oct 17, 2009 (3:05 pm)
After 25,000 miles on my '08 MDX Sport/Ent I though posting my opinion on this vehicle would be on interest to some.
Overall, the '08 MDX gets a "A" but there are issues.
1. The dealership service experience is bad. I give it a "C-". When I took delivery the dealer scratched the roof when installing the roof rails. They nicked the window glass as well. Plus, they did a poor job of installing the sport boards. When I called them and spoke to all the managers they refused to do anything. They considered the nicked glass and scratches "minor" but offered me rubber mats and cargo tray for my trouble. When getting regular service I tried another Acura dealership. They replaced some trim under warranty and did basic service work (oil change, tire rotation, all wheel drive fluid, etc.) The service work at this OTHER dealership was poor as well. I had to finish installing the trim pieces (just snapped them in) myself as the tech did a poor job. Now, I avoid all Acura dealerships as the work is both expensive and poor. I stick with Honda and my local independent mechanic (the cost is HALF and better quality).
2. Interior materials/trim- "B-" The trim could be better put together especially around the NAV. Screen area. Lexus is definitely superior in this area.
3. Handling- "A"
4. Tranny- "B" it could use better gearing both at the low end and the top end for mileage. Hopefully the new 6 speed tranny in the 2010 model will address these concerns.
5. Engine- "A" Wish it got better highway mileage
6. Reliability- "A" I have spent $300 total on service and have 25,000 miles
7. Seats- BEST driver's seat I have ever owned. "A"
8. Electronics- "B" I have had issues with the side view mirror not coming back up after placing the vehicle in reverse. Plus, my steering wheel has a gremlin which causes it to not return to the programmed setting 5% of the time. Of Course, the dealership can never find the problem so I just turned this feature off.
9. Ride- "A" It is a great blend between luxury and sport. I have the Sport model and highly recommend it to those seeking a sporty vehicle.
10. Steering wheel remains slightly off center to the left by 3 degrees despite paying for an alignment. I plan on trying an Independent shop as Acura dealership service is less than stellar.
May purchase another one in 3-6 months as my wife wants the '08. But, HATE the dealership experience particularly the SERVICE department.
#8803 of 13282 Pricing on 09 Tech
Oct 19, 2009 (5:15 am)
FWIW: Just purchased a new 09 MDX Tech in Virginia for just under $41000, got it out the door for $41,100 which included wheel locks.
#8804 of 13282 Re: Pricing on 09 Tech [richardnva]
Oct 19, 2009 (5:35 pm)
Congrats on your purchase, can you send me the details of your purchase on my email diploegmail.com, i am getting ridiculous prices here in houston and if i can get a similar price as yours will travel to virginia.
#8805 of 13282 Re: Pricing on 09 Tech [awan]
Oct 20, 2009 (7:58 am)
$41,000 before taxes, tags etc. in New York area on 2009 Tech with roof rack and rails. Any idea what the cost is for new license plates?
#8806 of 13282 Prices in DFW area
Oct 20, 2009 (11:00 am)
Here in DFW area, the best quote I got till now is 42k+accessories+TTL for a new 2009 MDX with Tech & Ent. I know they can do better, I am asking for 41k+accessories+TTL but they are not budging. Anyone shopping/shopped in DFW area?
#8807 of 13282 2009 MDX Base
Oct 20, 2009 (4:52 pm)
I can not get my local dealer below 38,513 (TTL ~900) MDX Base with sport running boards, body side moldings and roof rack/cross bars/bike rack...I know it is a bit high but should I bite the bullet?
#8808 of 13282 Re: Prices in DFW area [brichie]
Oct 21, 2009 (6:59 am)
Am in the same situation in DFW for the same car/options. Please email me at nah_1009yahoo.com.
#8809 of 13282 2009 MDX Base-$37450
Oct 21, 2009 (12:39 pm)
Hi, I bought 2009 MDX base model with
The price is 37,450 with THE following inclusive in the price
invoice price 37,250 USD
#8810 of 13282 Re: 2009 MDX Base-$37450 [gurucool]
Oct 21, 2009 (1:02 pm)
I'm wondering if I can get some details on your purchase. Which dealership did you purchase the MDX from and was it recent? At what price did they start at and what was your first offer? I'm in PDX also and I'm interested in an MDX and I would appreciate any insight you have on getting a good deal. Thanks!
#8811 of 13282 09 MDX November incentives?
Oct 21, 2009 (7:08 pm)
I am looking to buy a 2009 MDX soon (in a month or so). I notice that there's $2000 marketing support from Acura and 1.9%/2.9% APR going on. It looks like this $2000 incentive has been going on for a while (since earlier this year?). I am wondering anyone has any info about incentives in November. I am tempting to hold on to next month and wait for bigger incentives before pulling the trigger. On the other hand, the dealer inventory is running low quickly.
So far the quote I got for a MDX base is $36,300 + TTL. (maryland). ]
Any info? Thanks!!!