Last post on Dec 06, 2013 at 5:31 PM
You are in the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences
What is this discussion about?
Acura MDX, Car Buying, SUV
#8043 of 13267 RE: 2008 MDX Base or Tech
Apr 01, 2009 (6:19 pm)
It turns out that I might need to purchase a new car. My wife and I have been looking at the MDX for a while and we think it is the car for us. After browsing the web, we found that Acura of Manhattan has 4 MDX left (that's what the online inventory states). Anyway, I was wondering what an acceptable price would be for a BASE or one with TECH. What types of incentives would be applied to that prices? I am aware of the incentives for '09.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
#8044 of 13267 Re: Anyone in NJ for 09 MDX before March ends [jpneedcar]
Apr 01, 2009 (6:43 pm)
What was the pricing you received on the MDX Tech from Pohanka? Was that inclusive of Destination, TTL, Doc, etc? Thank you!
#8045 of 13267 RE: 2008 MDX Base or Tech [bxteach]
Apr 02, 2009 (4:17 am)
From what I've been reading here, around $38.5K would be a good price for an MDX Tech. Some people are saying that this price includes the destination charge, but I haven't been able to get this price yet in the NY Metro area.
#8046 of 13267 Re: Beware of Paragon and Plaza [j_pizzle]
Apr 02, 2009 (4:20 am)
Thanks. I sent for quotes from Ramsey, DCH, and Manhattan. Waiting to hear...
#8047 of 13267 Re: Beware of Paragon and Plaza [t12]
Apr 02, 2009 (1:19 pm)
Sort of same issue with Paragon Honda in Queens NY.
I want to get rid of my 2007 Element EX with 11,000 miles on it. I just dont like it for NYC although parking and Fuel is great. So i started looking at the pre-certs and runmmaging through the lot.
I then decided to look at the NEW MDX and fell in love when I test drove the vehicle, both sport and tech models.
I dont believe I will be buying it from Paragon though TBH. A few things happened like the bait and switch on trade in price. Then the salesman didnt call the next week as agreed to finish details of the trade in and cash down etc.
I guess the manager who said he needed to get rid of MDX cause his boss has too many forget to let his staff know. Too bad, I bought my Element there and returned for more abuse. I will no doubt be buying at least 2 more new vehicles in the future. But not from there. Thanks for the Ramsey tip.
Anybody need an Element in great condition
#8048 of 13267 09 MDX with tech & ent. now or 2010 next year?
Apr 02, 2009 (6:52 pm)
I was most likely going to get an MDX with tech & ent. next year around this time next year or as late as next summer, depending on when the 2011 comes out next summer and how low the 2010's would be going for then. This year it seems because Honda/Acura stopped production because they saw how slow things were and didn't want to get stuck with a lot of inventory, the peak time to buy before the new 2010 comes out is sooner. ie. spring instead of summer. or at least that is what the dealership is saying so as to force sales sooner rather then later which is always there M.O. so its hard to tell fact from sales pitch but I think in this case there is some truth to it.
They said this may get the 2010 out sooner then too since they dont have as much inventory of the 2009 and once they sell them all will have to get the 2010 out sooner. I also dont know how true that could be cus I'd think the production schedule is set and not sped up or moved up sooner based on inventory of the current model year but also could be some truth.
I've seen the new model year come out as early as mid summer like late June early July and I'm sure for some its come even a little sooner but not this soon like April or May. speaking of which does anyone know anything about the 2010 MDX.
of course the dealership says they dont know anything about it and downplay it having any new worthwhile feature or anything cus they want to move the 2009.
Point here is, while I was originally mostly going to wait till next year late spring early summer more or less, I'm thinking the price then on an old 2010 before the 2011 comes out may not be as good for several reasons. plus overall its going to be a tad higher as each new model year is and obviously my trade in will worth less, so i can save a certain amount by buying this year instead of next i'm thinking. It will definately be less, its just a matter of much less.
Come next year I dont want to regret having gotten a 2009, if i can get the same type price on a 2010 just before the 2011 comes out next summer and if the 2010 actually has some new features worth waiting for. I dont think its supposed to have any redesign though it kind of needs it as while it was a good redesign from the last iteration, the new TL is way better and i'm hoping they do something like that to the MDX.
There also is a 2k dealer incentive off the agree to price right now so that is another reason to go for it now rather then next year.
I'm going to check through the thread, but what have ppl been getting on 09 Tech with Ent. lately? have prices been going back up a little like of course the dealer claims. I can get invoice plus the 2k off so that is prob about the best although the price I was quoted is not the 42,511 invoice price i see listed on Edmunds for an 09 Tech with Ent. so not sure if they actually started me higher then invoice and just claimed i was getting invoice before 2k off dealer incentive deal but bottom line of my quoted price is below invoice (just not 2k below)
My other concern is just that the vehicle has been sitting on the lot for almost a year outside in the elements in Phila area PA (4 seasons but point being cold winter and hot summer its been through) but i know that can't be avoided unless you get brand new model year and therefore pay top dollar and then put in garage but its still a factor that of course the snarky dealer laughed off.
In summary my main questions are:
1. Does anyone know anything about the 2010 MDX? anything woth waiting for?
2. Is this definately around the best time with inventory getting low where as come summer it will be even slimmer pickings with possibly nothing left and the 2010 out but only going for above invoice closer to msrp? personally I think even those are only going to sell for closer to invoice but I guess they will def go for more then the old leftover remaining 2009's but still how significantly more will the 2010 really sell for?
3. If now is around the best time for a 2009, is it definately significantly less then one would be able to get a 2010 around this time or later next year before the 2011 comes back? i know that depends on the economy and car sales etc. which personally i think will be starting to come back by then and I just want to regreat having not got basically the same car this year for significantly less then what it will be to get the 2010 at the end of the model year next year. But wanted to get ppls opinions cus maybe the dealer is just pressureing me to buy now rather then next year and really drumming out that its going to be a lot more next year to get a 2010 at the end of the model year then a 2009 now.
4. What are the best prices ppl have got 2009 Tech with Ent.?
#8049 of 13267 Re: 09 MDX with tech & ent. now or 2010 next year? [x5killer]
Apr 02, 2009 (7:39 pm)
If you like the car it's silly to wait another year. Look you face the same question every year. What's to say when are ready to buy in 2010 it won't pop up in your head that 2011 would be a better car/deal?
If you had researched this forum people haven paying anywhere between 1000 to 3000 off invoice. The exact discount varies by region. Yes prices have gone up a bit since dearth of winter, partly because Acura has cut production in their Canadian plant.
#8050 of 13267 Re: '09 MDX Tech Purchase - Springfield or Montclair NJ [klenj]
Apr 02, 2009 (7:47 pm)
"They also matched the lowest Internet price I could find for accesories."
Where did you find your lowest prices on MDX accessories online?
#8051 of 13267 Re: 09 MDX with tech & ent. now or 2010 next year? [NoVa_VTEC]
Apr 02, 2009 (8:06 pm)
right yes i know you can always wait for the next model. Its the fact that my time line really was for next year. I have no rush , no ending lease and my current vehicle will only be 4 years old this July and I was waiting for 5 years.
I thought spring summer was the time to buy suvs but yeah it seems winter was maybe the time cus such slow sales and also now inventory getting low. Well if a dealer will give me the type of prices they were doing a few months ago then i guess i should do it and not wait but I will hold out for the ultimate best deal and only do it if i can't pass it up.
Otherwise my current vehicle is much more interesting and rare on the road because there are only 2 model years that look like and i have the front windows tinted to match the back and 22" wheels and tires and all looking very nice with other accessories and touches. also a midsize suv. MDX is tons of them on the road and not sure what I am going to be able to do to differentiate it.
so yeah no rush, sounds like with price going up slightly (which personally i think is ridiculous cus youd think it would keep going down till the 2010 comes out and they get rid of all 2009)
I got a quote for 43,340 -2k dealer incentive off deal so 41,340 for Tech and Ent. in the color combo i want. They claimed its invoice minus the 2k but its not. and thats before taxes tags etc. and them attempting to rape me on accessories at full price until i look up invoice or good price on those though they do have a 25% off your most expensive accessory (prob running boards) then I have a possible trade in which they will low ball me on but i can get a friend that has a dealership to buy it from them (done this before) so i can still do with the dealer i buy from to save the taxes on my total.
but yeah its not looking good for right now so i wont force it. I'm just trying to get my #'s together and then give a bunch of nearby dealers the opportunity. if they go do it at my "can't pass it up" price great I'll go for it, if not, then i'm good with waiting till next year or whenever.
So while I see $42,511 is invoice for Tech & Ent. package. I've seen ppl getting Tech for 38,400 more or less so 1600 more for Ent. supposedly. I think an even 40k for 09 with tech + ent. is plenty reasonable to request. first dealer to offer me that and not play games with any other charges and match decent price on accessories is who i will go with.
In fact I'm sure i could do better cus i'm at 41,340 now with out any haggling really but again that isn't 2k dealer incentive off invoice so i know they can do better.40,511 would be so i think 40 even is not asking too much and I'm sure there are ppl that did even better then that on tech plus ent.
#8052 of 13267 Re: 09 Tech/Entertainment [unixxus]
Apr 02, 2009 (8:13 pm)
"I was able to buy a 09 Tech/entertainment from Chevy Chase Acura yesterday for $39440 (40,200 destination included) without $100 doc fee and tax and tags".
looks like a good deal and exactly the packages I'm looking for. Chevy Chase Maryland near DC? shouldn't be too much diff in the Phila. area, if anything should be less here. makes my 40k even request look a bit high but at least it validates that its not low.
I am just going to tell them to include everything and whatever they have to do and just not go a cent over 40 even. taxes tags everything , i'll tell them to just take off where they can and do what they have to do i dont care but not a cent over 40.
Then I just have to get good price on the accessories and my trade in (whic lowers the amount id be paying tax on)