Last post on Dec 04, 2013 at 11:18 PM
You are in the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences
What is this discussion about?
Acura MDX, Car Buying, SUV
#12227 of 13262 Should I buy now or wait?
Sep 02, 2012 (11:52 am)
I am in a dilemma if I should buy a 2012 MDX or wait for the 2013 to hit the lots in the next 2-3 weeks (I see the Acura advertising the 2013 model on their website).
Please correct me if I wrong and you are looking at this differently. Suppose I theroitically brought both 2012 and 2013 together and drove 5000 miles, wouldn't the 2012 model have depreciated more as it is a 1 year old car even before rolling out of the dealership???
However, walked in for a test drive yesterday and got this quote without even asking for one.
MDX base : $38,298+ttl
MDX Tech : $41,598+ttl
Did not negotiate further as I had this question of 2012 vs. 2013 lingering in my mind.
What do u guys think??? Is my reasoning flawed... BTW I am in Texas.
#12228 of 13262 2012 MDX w/ Tech
Sep 02, 2012 (12:01 pm)
Finally made the purchase yesterday in Chicago for $38,600 + dest + TTL. Total was 42.8k OTD. I did not qualify for loyalty/conquest discount. I could have a little better by going to another dealer but I had already done too much haggling with this particular dealer and just wanted to drive back home my new car. Please note there is a new $1500 dealer cash available for a total of $3000 until 9/4. You cannot combine this new dealer cash with loyalty/conquest discount.
#12229 of 13262 Re: 2012 MDX w/ Tech [rite237]
Sep 02, 2012 (1:26 pm)
Nice price. That makes total sense as to how I got a quote for $2500 below invoice for base MDX without royalty or conquest discounts.
#12230 of 13262 Re: Should I buy now or wait? [mdx241489]
Sep 02, 2012 (1:38 pm)
Chances are a big chunk of the dealer cash will disappear on the '13 models so you won't be able to buy one as cheap until perhaps the spring/summer when the '14 should be arriving.
One thing to note, the '13 model is going to lock you out of making changes to NAV while driving. You will only be able to use voice commands.
#12231 of 13262 Re: 2012 MDX w/ Tech [scndmdx]
Sep 02, 2012 (6:13 pm)
Scnmdx, this deal sounds amazing. I'd like to find out more about your offer as i am in the Jersey area as well and am also looking for an MDX tech. Are they willing to negotiate? Was the process painful? Lengthy negotiation period?
#12232 of 13262 Re: 2012 MDX w/ Tech [scndmdx]
Sep 03, 2012 (10:32 am)
What city, state and dealership did you get that kind of price? Please hurry, incentives expire tomorrow 9/4/12.
#12233 of 13262 Re: 2012 MDX w/ Tech [ellisstevens]
Sep 03, 2012 (12:15 pm)
I found an earlier post that answered my questions. Thanks.
#12234 of 13262 Re: 2012 MDX w/ Tech [carnthusiast1]
Sep 03, 2012 (1:50 pm)
I emailed 6 local dealers via their "equote" button on web sites. Got 2 that gave good pricing (one within $750 of final price). After deciding to pull the trigger I wanted to get a quick look at CPO and ran into another dealer not originally contacted that provided the final $38,250 price which my local dealer eventually matched (after a little hard ball and perhaps some annoyance). Took a week to complete from original email to driving away. Was happy with the $39K price and was not planning on shopping that but sort of lucked into the lower bid while checking on CPO. FYI, CPO can't touch the deals on the 2012 model right now. Please remember that my deals all included loyalty credit.
#12235 of 13262 Re: 2012 MDX w/ Tech [scndmdx]
Sep 03, 2012 (3:30 pm)
did the price of $38,250 include destination and processing charges, or was that additional $1,000?
#12236 of 13262 Re: Should I buy now or wait? [mdx241489]
Sep 03, 2012 (7:41 pm)
So, we finally decided to pull the trigger on 12 MDX base after much deliberation. Final price was $37,950 + ttl. Qualified for the 0.9% apr as well.
we did not qualify for any loyalty or conquest discounts. Pretty good experience except they tried the old trick with the misc. fees for which I got really mad at them.