Last post on Dec 06, 2013 at 7:58 AM
You are in the Sedans
What is this discussion about?
BMW 3 Series, Infiniti G37, Acura TL, Lexus IS 350, Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Cadillac CTS, Volvo S60, Audi A4, Acura TSX, Car Comparisons, Sedan
#15895 of 16984 Re: BMW 328i vs. 328i xdrive vs... Acura TL04 [billyperksii]
Apr 03, 2013 (6:16 pm)
Behind the comment (which the poster will never address) was meant as a derogatory term, so yes billy like the Beak of the 2008-2011 TL that's left it's mark on Acura sales its left a mark. - and I guess in a way I do wear a backwards hat. So yes billy I'm a little stuck on the comment - i love story's about GF and trips to Chicago and how great life is- but please don't tell us why someone who owns a BMW is embarrassed by someone who has Xenons on an old Altima- or the fact the Car next to him has a tinted windows. Joke
#15896 of 16984 Re: BMW 328i vs. 328i xdrive vs... Acura TL04 [sweendogy]
Apr 04, 2013 (5:07 am)
#15897 of 16984 Re: BMW 328i vs. 328i xdrive vs... Acura TL04 [billyperksii]
Apr 05, 2013 (5:19 pm)
Good responce - thanks for the detailed comment- wasn't 2 decades ago. I stand by what I said.
Lets make this forum productive- more fact less smack.
#15898 of 16984 C-Class, G37 and ATS
Apr 07, 2013 (7:02 pm)
Thank you everyone for your advice. This weekend I continue the saga to find my next car and here's the report.
Mercedes C-Class C300 4MATIC
- I really like this car. It looks refined outside and elegant inside. The ride is composed though it feels heavy and a tad slow (vs. my TL. The C300 has 248hp + AWD vs. my TL 258hp, that maybe why)
- I like the G37 design but it's dated. Not much change even since the G35. And overall, I find the "G" styling works much better with the coupe than the sedan. Interior is decent, nothing wow but overall good impression.
- Man, this car is fast. 328hr really works here. However, like many have said before, the engine is not refined.
- So my overall impression with the G37s is so so... I think Infiniti know it so they throw in an outstanding lease deal right now.
So at this point, I'm kind of leaning toward the C300
Then the next morning, I took my TL out for an oil change. While waiting, I saw a Cadillac dealer right across the street. I hate Cadillac "Art & science" design language, to the point I think I'd feel embarrassed driving one. But I've been seeing and hearing enough about the new ATS that I decided to give it a try.
Cadillac ATS 2.0T
- First off, I think the ATS looks the best among the current Cadillacs (the new CTS looks very good too when I saw it at the NY Auto Show but it's not current yet). It looks sporty and smart. The LED arch looks better in real life than on TV. The interior looks pretty nice too with attention to details. Some negatives: the dashboard stitching is a good attempt but looks fake. The high gloss center control looks cheap. And the silver buttons line up "Transformer" style looks kiddy. I thought only ATS suffers from this layout (perhaps the designer tried too hard to make it look young) but surprised to find the same button line up and layout in the CTS. Too bad, without these negatives, the ATS cabin could be one of the nicest in its class.
- The drive: Awesome. Wow, this is the first time that I feel the "fun to drive" that people have been talking about. It feels light and fast, yet composed and firm. The only car to this point that I want to keep on driving during the test drive.
- After the initial excitement, I went home and did some research about the ATS, owner's review. It looks like the CUE still has a lot of problems and gas mileage is far below what Cadillac claimed. It's kind of expected for a car in its 1st year of its 1st gen.
- So I think the ATS is a great car but not a car for now.
Now, the remaining candidates are BMW 328i xdrive and MB C300 4MATIC. Then wife said: BMW. So BMW it will be!
#15899 of 16984 Re: BMW 328i vs. 328i xdrive vs... Acura TL04 [sweendogy]
by Kirstie@Edmunds HOST
Apr 08, 2013 (5:50 am)
Lets make this forum productive- more fact less smack.
I fear that this forum would die of shock if we started introducing fact at this point.
#15900 of 16984 Re: C-Class, G37 and ATS [leoblue]
Apr 08, 2013 (7:04 am)
A very nice and detailed report by leoblue.
#15901 of 16984 Re: C-Class, G37 and ATS [leoblue]
Apr 08, 2013 (8:59 am)
Great write up & a fantastic choice. We've all got our preferences, but you can't go wrong in this class. Please feel free to stick around & post your ownership & driving impressions!
#15902 of 16984 2013 Lexus ES350, InfinitiG37, BMW 328,i, BMW 335i
Apr 08, 2013 (8:03 pm)
So I am in the market for entry level luxury. I have narrowed my choices to Lexus ES350, InfinitiG37, BMW 328,i, BMW 335i. Anyone has any +ve/-ve about any of these? I am leaning towards ES350, but at this point still open.
#15903 of 16984 Re: 2013 Lexus ES350, InfinitiG37, BMW 328,i, BMW 335i [ilexusbuyer]
Apr 08, 2013 (8:13 pm)
I am leaning towards ES350. . .
If you've driven all four of these cars and still prefer the Lexus, then you are their target demographic. Go for it.
#15904 of 16984 Re: 2013 Lexus ES350, InfinitiG37, BMW 328,i, BMW 335i [ilexusbuyer]
Apr 08, 2013 (8:15 pm)
all fine cars, in their own way, but quite a bit different from each other. so the answer really depends on what is important to you. Based on these choices, the fact that you are leaning toward the ES says to me that you desire quite comfy luxury, not sporty. If so, fine choice!
in this group, I will say that driving them all is key.