Last post on Oct 04, 2013 at 9:52 AM
You are in the Maintenance & Repair
What is this discussion about?
Daewoo Lanos, Daewoo Nubira, Daewoo Leganza, Hatchback, Sedan, Wagon
#1094 of 1371 Re: 2000 Leganza Timing belt replacement [tinkermanlt]
by MrShift@Edmunds HOST
Jun 12, 2008 (11:38 am)
You'll need a workshop manual to get the illustrations on how to align the camshaft and crankshaft pulleys as described in these instructions.
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Disconnect the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor connector.
3. Disconnect the air intake tube from the throttle body.
4. Remove the resonator retaining bolts and the resonator from the throttle body.
5. Disconnect the breather tube from the valve cover.
6. Remove the air filter housing bolts.
7. Remove the air filter housing.
8. Remove the right front wheel.
9. Remove the right front wheel well splash shield.
10. Remove the serpentine accessory drive belt. Refer to Steering; Power Steering Pump..
11. Remove the crankshaft pulley bolts.
12. Remove the crankshaft pulley.
13. Remove the right engine mount bracket. Refer to Engine Mount; Service and Repair.
14. Remove the power steering hose clamp bolt, and position the hose clear of the repair area.
15. Remove the front timing belt cover bolts.
16. Remove the front timing belt cover.
17. Using the crankshaft gear bolt, rotate the crankshaft clockwise until the timing mark on the crankshaft gear is aligned with the notch at the bottom of the rear timing belt cover. Notice: The camshaft gears must align with the notch on the valve cover or damage to the engine could result.
18. Align the camshaft gears with the notch on the valve cover. Important: Use the intake gear mark for the intake camshaft gear and the exhaust gear mark for the exhaust camshaft gear since both gears are interchangeable.
19. Loosen the automatic tensioner bolt. Turn the hex key tab to relieve belt tension.
20. Remove the timing belt.
1. Align the timing mark on the crankshaft gear with the notch on the bottom of the rear timing belt cover.
2. Align the timing marks on the camshaft gears, using the intake gear mark for the intake gear and the exhaust gear mark for the exhaust gear.
3 Install the timing belt.
4. Turn the hex-key tab in a counterclockwise direction to tension the belt. Turn until the pointer aligns with the notch.
5. Install the automatic tensioner bolt. Tighten Tighten the timing belt automatic tensioner bolt to 25 Nm (18 ft. lbs.) .
6. Rotate the crankshaft two full turns clockwise using the crankshaft gear bolt.
7. Recheck the automatic tensioner pointer.
8. Install the front timing belt cover.
9. Install the front timing belt cover bolts. Tighten Tighten the front timing belt cover bolts to 6 Nm (53 inch lbs.) .
10. Install the right engine mount bracket. Refer to Engine Mounts; Service and Repair.
11. Position the power steering hose in place and install the clamp bolt. Tighten Tighten the power steering hose clamp bolt to 8 Nm (71 inch lbs.) .
12. Install the crankshaft pulley.
13. Install the crankshaft pulley bolts. Tighten Tighten the crankshaft pulley bolts to 20 Nm (15 ft. lbs.) .
14. Install the serpentine accessory drive belt. Refer to Steering; Power Steering Pump.
15. Install the right front wheel well splash shield.
16. Install the right front wheel.
17. Install the air filter housing.
18. Install the air filter housing bolts. Tighten Tighten the air filter housing bolts to 8 Nm (71 inch lbs.) .
19. Install the resonator and the retaining bolts. Tighten Tighten the resonator retaining bolts to 8 Nm (71 inch lbs.) .
20. Connect the air intake tube to the throttle body.
21. Connect the breather tube to the valve cover.
22. Connect the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor connector.
23. Connect the negative battery cable.
#1095 of 1371 Re: Camshaft Sensor on 2001 Nubira [jkobty2]
Jun 12, 2008 (10:32 pm)
Thanks will look there, and unless anyone else has a suggestion as to why the transmission should suddenly not want to engage...I will try what I can
#1096 of 1371 Daewoo Cielo 1996 GL, engine light indicator blinking while driving
Jun 13, 2008 (9:42 pm)
I have a 1996 model Daewoo Cielo. The problem is that after a few minutes of driving, the engine indicator light starts blinking and the engine stops and starts as the light blinks.It had a major service just a few weeks back in which the techs replaced the gasket. I am not sure whats going on.
Please help. truly desperate.
Jun 22, 2008 (5:07 pm)
Need to know how to prime the cylinder head lifters with oil ,the cramshaft torque bearings specifications and cylinder head bolts torque specifications
#1098 of 1371 Re: HELP!!!! DIEWOOOO Will not shift out of Park.... [ed32316]
Jun 24, 2008 (4:01 pm)
Sensor is on the brake. Check to see if your brake lights are working if not repair brakes. If brakes are repaired and condition persists replace switch.
#1099 of 1371 Broken Heating core 200 Daewoo Leganza
Jun 24, 2008 (4:10 pm)
Okay the core itself is leaking. I pulled the hoses checked for cracks or deterioration of the rubber and both were good. With the hoses in place you can move them and water runs down the firewall.
So does anyone know how to remove the dash, then the plastic covers to get to the heater core? Also does anyone have a source for a good repair manual? I have a Chiltons for import vehicles, but it is not comprehensive enough.
Thanks for any help
#1100 of 1371 Anyone know where to get keys?
Jul 04, 2008 (4:42 pm)
I just inherited a 2000 Daewoo Leganza with the remote built onto the key. It only has the one key and I don't want to find out what happens when that battery dies without a spare and / or a spare remote.
#1101 of 1371 Re: Anyone know where to get keys? [tinkermanlt]
Jul 04, 2008 (11:07 pm)
Tinkerman, I don't think you are going to like my reply. I discovered the Daewoo key is rather unique apparently. Not every former dealer carries these keys however. My former Daewoo dealer does sell the keys. If you want another remote, you are really best off to go after market.
My remote key actually broke in half. Thank the Lord it didn't break off in the ignition. I ordered spare keys and open the doors with the remote and start with one of the spares.
You can't just order a remote, even with the key code. Someone has to reset this when you purchase a new remote which takes about an hour.
If you want further information regarding Daewoo keys, you can contact C&O Motors 304 727 2921
#1102 of 1371 Re: Plugs and wires? [tinkermanlt]
Jul 04, 2008 (11:11 pm)
5 years or 50k which ever comes first. Trust me. You don't want that timing belt to break. IF you have any doubt at all replace it. I replaced mine at 35000 miles because it was 5 years.
#1103 of 1371 Re: Anyone know where to get keys? [sherry123]
Jul 05, 2008 (3:46 am)
Where might I ask is the remote available, or did you have it all replaced?
Also, may I ask where C&O Motors might be located since I have to drive from Florida to PA?