Last post on Oct 01, 2013 at 12:36 PM
You are in the Nissan Altima
What is this discussion about?
Nissan Altima, Sedan
Go to NHTSA to file a safety complaint.
Or call Monday-Friday (8 am to 8 pm ET) (888) 327-4236 TTY: (800)424-9153
#2243 of 2710 Re: milegae on 2003 altima 2.5 s [skinsfan3]
Apr 25, 2008 (7:53 am)
I've got the same car as you with 46k on it. My experience has always been the same as your: 20 local/30 highway. I'd like it to be higher but guess that it's just the way it is. It just doesn't seem that a Nissan will get as good mileage as the other Japanese big 2. It's probably a sacrifice in the name of a little more power. 175 horse is good for a 2.5. It drives pretty effortlessly at 80 on the highway.
#2244 of 2710 Re: milegae on 2003 altima 2.5 s [gsemike]
Apr 25, 2008 (8:43 am)
Thanks. I would love to trade in the milage for a better turn radius.
#2245 of 2710 Fireing Order for 94 Nissan Altima
Apr 28, 2008 (7:33 pm)
I had someone look at the distributor on my car and they put the plugs back on wrong. Does anyone know the order that they are suppose to be in or where I can find out? Any help is appreciated.
May 01, 2008 (4:02 pm)
Have a 94 GXE that my son now drives and I'm tired of the cheap hub caps. Anyone put inexpensive aluminum wheels on and how do they look and hold up. Color of car is Champaign. Looked at some Sport Editions on TireRack, but not sure what finish will look best on my car.
#2248 of 2710 Re: New Wheels? [rugmankc]
May 01, 2008 (6:21 pm)
Sorry color is Beige not Champaign. Champaign is on my Van. I want the Sport Edition CD, bright satin w/machine lip wheels. Thinking about having TireRack ship them with a set of Michelin Pilots already on the rims and tuned.
Any thoughts and anyone with these wheels?
#2249 of 2710 08 headlights
May 07, 2008 (4:53 pm)
does anyone know how to change out the bulbs on a 08 altima. there is no way to get to back of the lamp assembly
#2250 of 2710 Re: 08 headlights [alt08sl]
May 07, 2008 (8:45 pm)
I have the shop manual...tell me the bulbs to which you are referring and I will look it up for you...
#2251 of 2710 Re: 08 headlights [busiris]
May 08, 2008 (5:41 pm)
to change the headlights low beam
#2252 of 2710 Re: 08 headlights [alt08sl]
May 08, 2008 (8:25 pm)
This is fairly complicated, as you must drop the front bumper cover to change the bulb. I have pasted the text here, and the associated text with each step as well.
Since this is a new car, why don't you have the dealer do this repair? Its under warranty, you know...
In any case, good luck!
• Do not touch the glass of bulb directly by hand. Keep grease and other oily substances away from
bulb. Do not touch bulb by hand while it is lit or right after being turned off, burning may result.
• Do not leave bulb out of fog lamp reflector for a long time, dust, moisture, and smoke may affect performance
of fog lamp.
1. Disconnect negative battery cable.
2. Position the fender protector aside. Refer to EXT-19, "Removal and Installation"
3. Turn the headlamp bulb sockets counterclockwise to unlock and remove them (halogen).
4. Remove the plastic cover, disconnect the ignitor, unlock the retaining spring to unlock and remove the
bulb (xenon only).
5. Turn the high beam lamp bulb socket counterclockwise to unlock and remove it.
After installing the bulb, be sure to install the plastic cap securely to ensure watertightness.
1. Remove the engine under cover. Refer to EXT-13, "Removal and Installation - Coupe".
2. Remove the screw from center mudguard.
3. Remove the fender protector screws and clips.
4. Remove the fender protector.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
1. Remove the front fender protectors RH and LH. Refer to EXT-19, "Removal and Installation".
2. Remove the engine under cover.
3. Remove the RH and LH side under covers.
4. Remove the fog lamp if equipped. Refer to EXL-240, "Removal and Installation".
5. Remove the front bumper fascia clips and screws, then remove the front bumper fascia.
6. Remove the front grille. Refer to EXT-17, "Removal and Installation".
7. Remove the front energy absorbing foam.
8. Remove the front bumper reinforcement and reinforcement bracket.
9. Remove the front bumper supports.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
The fog lamp is a semi-sealed beam type which uses a replaceable halogen bulb.
• Do not leave fog lamp assembly without bulb for a long period of time. Dust, moisture, smoke, etc.
entering the fog lamp body may affect the performance. Remove the bulb from the headlamp assembly
just before replacement bulb is installed.
• Grasp only the plastic base when handling the bulb. Never touch the glass envelope. Touching the
glass could significantly affect the bulb life and/or fog lamp performance.
1. Remove inner splash shield.
2. Position the fender protector aside. Refer to EXT-19, "Removal and Installation".
3. Disconnect the fog lamp electrical connector.
4. Remove bolt from top of fog lamp.
5. Remove fog lamp.