Last post on Jan 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM
You are in the Ford Excursion
What is this discussion about?
Ford Excursion, SUV
#43 of 519 Defroster Stuck
May 03, 2005 (6:43 am)
I have a diesel 2000 Excursion that only blows air from the defrost vents under the windshield no matter what I select. I can turn it off and control the temp but not where the air comes from. A call to the local Ford shop seems to indicate they will have to trouble shoot the system for a couple of hours. That sounds unreasonable. The diagnosis should be easy for someone that knows the system. Any ideas or help out there? Anyone have the same problem? Thanks
#46 of 519 Re: Electrical Problems [ttheller]
May 04, 2005 (11:25 am)
I have a 2000 Ex Limited and have had the same problem...it has been back 3 times and still doesn't work right. You can never tell when it will act up, it can be fine for a while and then back again. I also have peeling paint and plan on taking legal action against Ford.
#47 of 519 Tail llight electrical short
May 10, 2005 (5:57 am)
I have a 2001 Exc. diesel--lots of miles, but excellent condition.
Two days ago and for no apparent reason, the tail lights blows the fuse in the box under the hood. brake lights, turn signals, flashers still work.
No damaged wiring, no trailers hooked up, nothing.
does anyone have any suggestions other that 8 hours at a dealer?
#48 of 519 Re: changing rear from 3.73 to 4.30 [n3qdz]
May 15, 2005 (6:12 pm)
I'm running 4.30 in my 2000 Ex 4x4. The V10 will handle 11,000 lbs. If you are pulling the full amount in hot weather you might consider the upgraded transmission cooler. Your tranny will have more trouble with the weight than the engine. But, I've pulled 11k lbs through the mountains. If you aren't in a big hurry, it's no problem. Towing I get about 8mpg. The quality of your hitch will make a big difference as well. Happy towing.
#50 of 519 Re: marilyn4 Brakes [agoodwin]
May 18, 2005 (7:31 pm)
I have an '03 Excursion Diesel 4X4. I have had brake problems since brand new. Right now my rotors are warped and I would like to know the best way to treat this problem. Under warranty Ford repaired my front brakes four (4) times and I am still having problems and now they are out of warranty. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks, Bennie
#51 of 519 2000 Excursion with ongoing electrical problems...
May 21, 2005 (6:31 pm)
I bought my 2000 Excursion (6.8L Limited) used in 2003, and have driven about 40K trouble free miles...but in the past six months the following problems have come up one after the other:
1) door ajar light/bell sounds randomly during heavy rain...all doors closed tight...re-closing any/all doors repeatedly usually gets this to subside
2) backup sensor remains 'off' at all times, dealer says computer indicates left/center sensor is bad
3) all door lock actuators except driver's door have failed - I'm running laps around this thing to let my kids in the other side!
4) auto-locking 4WD has failed - immediately after a 5 hour drive in 4WD during a snowstorm - smelled a bit of that old 'burning clutch' smell - only way into 4WD now is manually locking the hubs and turning switch to 4x4 (I'm guessing vacuum failure?)
5) and finally, just this week...when turning the steering wheel in either direction (stopped/idling) there is a loud non-metalic-rubber 'brrrrr' sound - only while actually turning the wheel - almost sounds like something metal pressing/turning against something made of rubber. If you turn the steering wheel slowly the
'brrrrr' is lower in pitch, turn faster and it's higher in pitch...I do know this is not the usual powersteering pump noise, which is still present and still sounds quite normal...it's something in the steering linkage I'm guessing...
So - any ideas for the above? I'm pretty handy so can follow suggestions well -I'm afraid these problems are looking like a couple thousand $ in dealer shop time and bits-n-pieces...
Thanks in advance!
#52 of 519 Re: backup sensors [blackx]
May 22, 2005 (6:38 pm)
I have the exact same problem with my '02 Excursion. It started about two months ago. I've replaced sensors in the past due to the alarm going off for no reason but this is a different problem. The "OFF" light illuminates each time the transmission is shifted into reverse and will not work even if the OFF button is pushed.
Anyone know what's up?