Last post on Jul 10, 2012 at 6:24 AM
You are in the Dodge Sprinter
What is this discussion about?
Dodge Sprinter Cargo, Dodge Sprinter, Van
#239 of 1281 Dodge Sprinter 118" WB Seating Advice
Oct 06, 2005 (1:27 pm)
Our family currently is the owner of a 2002 VW Eurovan Weekender that seats 7. With the addition of our third child we find that we occasionally have the need for one additional seat. We are looking at purchasing a 2005 or 2006 Dodge Sprinter with the 118" wheelbase but would like the ability to take out the send three seat bench and replace with a one person jump seat or two person bench. Does anyone in the forum have any suggestions? I've looked on the web but cannot seem to locate any viable solutions. On long trips with just the five of us we would like to have a dometic fridge (available at Eurocampers.com) in back of the drivers seat.
#240 of 1281 Re: Dodge Sprinter 118" WB Seating Advice [twayne]
Oct 06, 2005 (2:31 pm)
In the Sprinter Wagon (not the Cargo version) the spacing of the bench seat tracks allow different arrangements of the benches available. The 118" Wagon comes with a wide 3-person bench at the rear and a narrow 3-person bench in the middle. Other Sprinter variants may include a 2-person bench.( It makes sense when you try to walk from the side door to the various seat rows.) Any one of these benches can be fitted into any of the seat track rows, and the 2-person bench can be biased left or right. I'm not aware of a 1-person seat that will fit the seat mounts, but maybe there is one.
From time to time, 2-seat benches, narrow 3-seat benches and wide 3-seat benches are listed on Ebay. Go to Ebay Motors and do a search for "Sprinter" to see whatever is avaialble. Eventually you'll see what you need.
#241 of 1281 Re: Dodge Sprinter 118" WB Seating Advice [twayne]
Oct 11, 2005 (5:25 am)
Don't be scared of the 140" wheel base, no difference in maneuverability or economy to speak of, and quite a bit more room. You would probably get all 10 seats for flexibility...
Also, you should (?) be able to order your 118"WB model with one Wide 3 seater, and one 2 seater, seats; as you would like it. Make sure you get floor mounts in all six (6) places on the floor.
You would have 7 seats and the space you want too.
#242 of 1281 FRONT BRAWS/TIRE CHAINES
Oct 14, 2005 (6:46 am)
DOES ANYONE NO WHERE TO GET THE BRAW FOR THE FRONT OF THE SPRINTER AND TIRE CHAINS
#243 of 1281 Re: Could somebody explain these options to me? [david_42]
Oct 15, 2005 (2:55 pm)
Most large key shops can cut new keys, it is a common Benz blank. They will only work in the door locks though. as you MUST have the chipped key to start the van.
I have several drivers that drive my sprinter on deliverys, and I just give them each a door key, and the main chipped key stays inside(hidden of course) for driving.
#244 of 1281 new 2005 glitzes
Oct 15, 2005 (4:51 pm)
I purchased a 2005 158'" shc. It has about 900 miles on it I love the van First tank got 23+. But here are my problems:
1. Engine light goes- back to the dealer- they say it eas the shifter- some how out of adjustment
2. Engine light on a second time- back to dodge this time it is the air intake temp sensor(takes two days total to replace(they don't stock parts)
3.engine light on for a third time - service tells me to bring it in in a few days(even though there is a noticeable loss of power they tell me as long as it is not flashing its okay until I bring it in)
4. Problem 4 is because I had the dealer put four windows( back doors, side door and matching passenger side. I honestly thought they would be the stock windows just installed by the dealer but they are not- they are smaller. I was reluctantly excepting of this untill all four! windows leak(some of the drips when dry look rust colored.
Personally I don't think the dealership is up to the dask, help
My other questions are minor- is a fuel additive reccomended? Also the tires come with a max preassure rating of 80 ,the manuel reccomends 55 up front and 80 in back should I go with this?
#245 of 1281 Re: new 2005 glitzes [glass1]
Oct 17, 2005 (6:11 am)
Find a better dealer to do the service, the engine management from Mercedes is top-notch. Consider going to a Freightliner dealer who should have more experience, and my warranty says I can go to ANY Sprinter dealer. You've been back 3 times (this one coming up included), insist on a loaner while they have your vehicle.
Contact the warranty central site if this van does not come back to you ready to run this time!!!
I am very hesitant to put parts on mine that are not Daimler-Chrysler original, and it sounds like you either got non-original parts, or they cannot apply original windows to a van when the window openings were not cut at the factory... In ANY case, they should NOT leak, and should not have a rusty appearance unless you have red dirt in your area. All cut metal edges should be coated with rust prohibitive paint or sealer prior to installing the windows or other accessories..
#246 of 1281 My own Sprinter woes... New 2004 MWB, low roof, 10 passenger
Oct 17, 2005 (6:53 am)
Back to the dealer for adjustments third time from new... only 3,000 miles on odometer:
1) Central locking system is schizo... doesn't lock all doors when button is pushed (all doors closed), Passenger side door doesn't lock until a complete un-lock (all doors) cycle can be completed, then lock all doors (key fob). Getting worse while waiting on part(s). No parts stocked in local area?
2) Doors bang and rattle, rear (both) and side (sliding). One adjustment made per the technicians statement: "out of adjustment (at only 624 miles)". I can see where the passenger side rear door top hinge was moved and re-tightened.
3) 2- place seat bangs and rattles on bumps and any rough road, mostly fixed by Tech., much better. Also had a third rail added to third row, moved the wide 3 up and the two-place to back (have to get in/out through back door). much easier to remove some seating for bigger cargo needs.
4) now leaking transmission fluid around pan gasket!!!
5) Rear door banging and rattling AGAIN, service manager tells me I bought a "Commercial Vehicle" and I should expect it to RATTTLE, I want to tell Dusseldorf this really STUPID JOKE!!! He did NOTHING to try to fix it!!! I fixed 95% of the banging (which fixes the majority of the rattles in the back door) in about 20 minutes with a TORX driver (I now have a collection of them since the Sprinter designers LOVE them). To fix this, tighten (that is: loosen, slide up, and retighten) the Silver metal blocks on the rear doors so that the doors fit tighter in the door-frame in the back. I think the rattle in the back door is the rod that goes up to the top latch on the driver's side back door... how to FIX???
6) Side door now rattling more than when new (only 3,000 miles...).
7) Now has a rattle in the dash (could it be from them working on the Central locking system? Rattle is just behind (above) and to the left of the glove box. Any ideas?
SO, I need to go back to dealer and get MAD because I should NOT have to fix my own NEW van. They should NOT tell me they cannot do anything to fix problems that are APPARENT to anyone driving/riding in the van. They should not accept problems that the manufacturer would not accept as normal.
I LOVE my van, I love my van, I love my van....
#247 of 1281 OOPs, the other problem I had "that went away"
Oct 17, 2005 (12:36 pm)
I had the engine service light on, also was told NO impending tragedy if it had not yet started flashing... emissions warning due to light on; engine running problems (serious nature) when flashing... stop and seek factory trained service help, etc.
So my supposed problem? Fuel filler cap probably not installed correctly! Of course, the cap was on OK! Removed cap, started Sprinter, replaced cap, stopped engine, restarted and light goes out... Removed cap and light does not come back on. Maybe the vent in the cap was stuck and would not let make-up air into tank? I.E. vacuum on tank at about 1/2 tank?
Several more tanks of fuel later, and still no more lights.
#248 of 1281 Anyone Need a 2004 Sprinter (Passenger)
Oct 21, 2005 (4:40 am)
I know a Dealership near Washington DC that is selling a 2004 Dodge Sprinter Wagon.