Last post on Nov 12, 2012 at 7:30 PM
You are in the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences
What is this discussion about?
Nissan Maxima, Sedan
#478 of 859 New 2007 Black Maxima SE
Feb 22, 2007 (4:46 am)
My wife and I just leased a new 2007 Maxima SE, with Drivers Preferred package (which includes all the other packages except the Elite package), electric sunroof, floor mats, and splash guards. We got the Frost leather interior. Feel like we got a good deal, paid $300 over invoice. Could have gotten a $1500 rebate but instead went for the .00087 24 month lease rate. Tried to negotiate out the $399.25 doc fee and the $550 Nissan Finance acquisition fee, but could not (they were at $500 over invoice and went to $300 over invoice instead of reducing these fees). So we went for it. The dealer found the one at a dealership 150 miles away, and we picked it up the next day, at a convenient location, 30 miles away. Really needed a car since I had sold my 2005 Mazda Millenia with 210K miles. Note that the "competing car" for us was an Acura TL, right now Acura is offering great lease rates ($1200 down, $369 a month plus taxes, tags, doc fees). The Nissan dealer with our deal was within $10 a month (but on a 2-year lease, the Acura deal is 3 years). The Acura TL was nice, sporty, but much smaller inside (cabin and trunk). I would say the Acura fit and finish were better). We also looked at Avalons, but they are just too stodgy. We actually had leased a Volvo C70 the week before but took it back due to quality problems.
1) To get the lease rate we had to get the SE instead of the SL. We really liked a blue SL on the lot, but the payments would have been $70 a month more... for a car that actually had a MSRP of $140 or less.
2) The SE (with 18 inch wheels)prices out a bit higher ($140) than the "equivalent" SL (with 17 inch wheels and wood grain). I must say that I prefer the SE, in that the leather seats are perforated, and the aluminum-look front console in the SE seems nicer than the fake wood in the SL. My wife has the opposite opinion. But with the SE, the spoiler comes standard and we could have lived without it. The SL without spoiler could actually price out $500 less than the "equivalent" SE. But again, I could not get the lease rate on an SL (not offerred by Nissan).
3) We got black with the frost leather interior. I do wish they would offer the frost leather with the blue exterior. Right now with blue you can get cafe latte leather on an SL (very nice)or black leather (SL or SE), but it is too hot for the southeast.
4) The car rides wonderfully, has great pep and handling so far.
5) I would say that fit and finish seem to be just average so far. Have found a couple of minor things, like spots of glue used in the interior construction that are oozing out of place.
6) The keyfob is great, you never have to take it out of your pocket. I do wish that the car would recognize the seat settings with the keyfob automagically. It does recognize them if you unlock the car with the keyfob, or if you unlock it from the outside with the black button on the outside door handle while the keyfob is in your pocket, or if you hit the setting button on the inside door, or if you hit the keyfob unlock button while in the car. But it is not automatic, you have to hit a button somewhere. And since we leave the car unlocked while it is at home, that is a slight issue.
7) I wish the map pockets were covered. Looks unsightly to have the maps in view.
All in all, we are happy. I have two years to decide whether to keep it at lease-end (and if we do want to keep it, at that point in time based upon advice on this website I will try to negotiate a lower purchase price than what is in our lease agreement).
Good Luck to all
#479 of 859 Need Help Buying a Car
Feb 22, 2007 (8:33 am)
I have done alot of research on 3 cars that are right around my price range. I am looking at 04 SE SL Maxima loaded up leather, moonroof, etc.. Also looking at 03' TL type S as well as 04' G35 AWD.
I see edmunds Trade In Values are vastly different than some dealerships as much as 5k difference. For example I went to a Nissan dealership yesterday and they did not have the car I was looking for but I decided to test drive an 04 SL with 45k in which they were asking 23,900 which i thought was very high. They also had a G35x with 60k on it that i test drove they were asking 24,365 i think.
I am looking to spend about 18-20k on a car while putting down 3-4k and financing the rest through my credit union which I have already been approved.
Am I way off here or are these prices way too high?
I saw a 04 SL when i went home and checked a different site with 40k miles and they were asking 21,900.
any input would be greatly appreciated.
Feb 25, 2007 (5:11 pm)
Just purchased a 2005 maxima se with the driver preferred package, the car has 16,900 miles. They were asking 23,999. I paid 21,500. What do you think??
#481 of 859 Need Pricing Advice - 07 Maxima SE w/Driver Preferred
Feb 27, 2007 (1:52 pm)
Have been shopping around Orange County (SoCal) this week. Below is my best quote --- I am thinking about jumping on it tommorow but would appreciate the thoughts of others:
2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE in radiant silver with charcoal leather
-Driver Preferred Package
List Price $32,725, your net SALE PRICE $27,716 after my discount and the rebate.
This appears to more than $2,000 under the invoice of $29,748. Anyone seen anything better?? Thanks!!
#482 of 859 Re: Need Pricing Advice - 07 Maxima SE w/Driver Preferred [ck949]
Feb 27, 2007 (2:48 pm)
Yes, this is just what I paid for essentially the same car at the end of December...see post #478. I think it's a good deal.
#483 of 859 Re: Need Pricing Advice - 07 Maxima SE w/Driver Preferred [ck949]
Feb 27, 2007 (2:49 pm)
Er, make that posting #472.
#484 of 859 Re: Need Pricing Advice - 07 Maxima SE w/Driver Preferred [ck949]
Mar 07, 2007 (5:53 pm)
About 84% of sticker is about as low as you can expect on these units. There is a $1,500 rebate on them now which is why it appears you're paying under invoice.
#485 of 859 Maxima bought in Ct..
Apr 25, 2007 (8:12 am)
Just closed deal on 2007 Maxima SL with drv. pref. package, vdc, sunroof, mats and splash guards. MSRP 33,725, discount with rebate (1,500) was 28,420. With TTL and doc fee, out the door 30,695.14 no trade-in. Also dealer threw in free car detailing once a year for five years. Good deal?
Jun 04, 2007 (10:04 am)
I just got a new lease on a Nissan Maxima SE 3.5L 2007. I paid taxes and fees upfront, but no additional down payment I believe the MSRP was around 29,400 w/ sunroof and no special pacakges. 39 month lease 12k miles/year, paying 365/month. Residual value 16,500. I want to know if I got a good deal, this is my first time leasing a car! I have good credit also! Thanks!
#487 of 859 new car sales taxes ?
Jul 22, 2007 (5:34 pm)
I went to check 07 Maxima SE $ 28,995 MSRP with Rebate offered by a dealer. They are trying to charge 6% sale taxes from the initial price of the car (28, 995). I was under impression that I have to pay taxes only from final price which is $28,995 minus rebate.
How Does it work?