Last post on Dec 11, 2013 at 12:45 PM
You are in the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences
What is this discussion about?
Toyota Highlander, SUV
#4869 of 5211 2012 Toyota Highlander Base V6 4x4 with tech package
Oct 08, 2011 (7:58 pm)
Well thank goodness we finally finished the car buying process after much deliberation. We came somewhat close to choosing the Mazda CX-9.
Anyway the 2012 Highlander won us over on many levels. The deal-breaker might have been the inclusion of the Tech (and Cold-weather) Package with the 2012 Base Highlander. Not an option on the 2011 Base. We also had a 1999 Sienna for 12 years, so that probably factored in too.
We did not finance and got the e-price of $31,275.00. The e-price from our dealer made the buying experience pain-free! We even got a bit fancy and chose the Cypress Pearl color. They would have much preferred us to choose one of the many grey, silver, black or white models.
We found the edmunds.com very helpful in the process. Hope the rest of you still in the process find this posting helpful. Good luck!
#4870 of 5211 Dealer Cost???
Oct 10, 2011 (5:13 pm)
I am in the market for a 2012 Highlander 4WD Limited with Nav. In trying to negotiate, I am trying to figure out what actual dealer cost is. Anyone out there who can help me? Any and all responses are appreciated. Thanks.
#4871 of 5211 2012 highlander se tow package
Oct 11, 2011 (8:52 am)
2012 Highlander V6 4WD (new)
Dark red / tan interior
+ Tow package
+ Remote starter
+ Floor mats
$34900 before taxes and fees. We had negotiated $34000 on a very similar vehicle the dealer had on the lot but we hated the color (gold/tan), so we paid a premium to have the car brought from another dealer further away.
#4872 of 5211 Should I wait or buy now?
Oct 11, 2011 (10:01 am)
I want a Highlander 2WD V6 SE before thanksgiving. I have received many offers via email of 1400 less than invoice (3500 under MSRP). Is this a great deal now, or should I wait until November and see if it is better. My problem is that I do not know if it will go up in November (I will have to buy in the beginning of the month).
#4873 of 5211 Re: Should I wait or buy now? [donnaz1]
Oct 11, 2011 (10:21 am)
I don't know how much truth there is to this, but the dealer we were negotiating with said that the interest rates on financing will typically go up in late fall and winter. Right now they are 2.90%.
#4874 of 5211 Re: Should I wait or buy now? [donnaz1]
Oct 11, 2011 (12:34 pm)
I am not financing, so the percentages do not matter. If the financing deals are going to disappear, then maybe they will be more desperate to sell. I just wish I knew what the "secret" deals from manufacturer (or distributor) to dealer were.
#4875 of 5211 Re: Should I wait or buy now? [donnaz1]
Oct 12, 2011 (7:42 am)
I am an internet manager at a Toyota dealership in Texas. I can tell you that 1400 below invoice is a great deal. Good Job!!!!
#4876 of 5211 Re: Should I wait or buy now? [donnaz1]
Oct 12, 2011 (6:06 pm)
Would you mind sharing your geographic area and the final details of your deal (when completed). I am interested in the OTD cost (inclusive of all fees) and any details on options.
#4877 of 5211 Re: Should I wait or buy now? [mws3]
Oct 13, 2011 (11:11 am)
I got a quote $35706 Plus 1000 rebate or 0% in 36 or 1.9 for more than 36 months
Display 2011 Highlander Limited AWD
Never been registered
Voice activated touch-screen DVD
V6 Towing Prep Package
Preferred Accessory Package
Paint Protection Film
tow Hitch with Wiring Harness
VIP - Glass Breakage Sensor
It already has 11K on it and 1 year depreciation, is it a good price?
Thank you for your inputs.
#4878 of 5211 Re: Should I wait or buy now? [vnedmunds]
Oct 14, 2011 (4:39 am)
I am not sure if that is the best deal they can offer. It depends on the state you are in. I am in North Carolina, and I find the best rates in South Carolina. I did a search for my area on a 2011 new 4WD V6 Limited (no options added), and I can get a dealer here to give me at least 33,209. That price would probably be negotiated further if I tried. The things that really bring up your price are the DVD and Tow hitch. I figure those bring it up about 1000 to 2000 more. Since it is pretty much used (11,000 miles), then I would still think they should go below 33,000. Make sure you get a Carfax or similar report for accident history. I would be careful since it is probably one that they used for the dealership with many people driving it. You have no idea how they treated the vehicle since it is not their own. If it was me, I would see how much all the extras are worth. If it is something you love, it may not be there next week.