Last post on Jul 08, 2013 at 3:53 AM
You are in the Toyota Sienna
What is this discussion about?
Toyota Sienna, Van
#729 of 730 Sienna 2013 XLE -What to do to install "hitch mount bike rack"?
Jul 02, 2013 (8:23 am)
I bought Sienna 2013 XLE with Navigation option. It says Tow Prep Package.
I want to install Hitch Mount Bike Rack which requires 2 inch hitch receiver.
I look at the bottom of my car and couldn't find hitch receiver.
1. Do I have to install "Trailer Hitch Receiver"?
- I have to go dealer to install? But, I couldn't find the accessory when I build my car from Toyota site.
- I can buy from anywhere and go to body shops to install it?
2. Or, it's already installed in the car, but I just do something to reveal it?
- Since I don't know what the Tow Prep Package means.
Any comment will helps. Thank you.
#730 of 730 Re: Sienna 2013 XLE -What to do to install "hitch mount bike rack"? [sky22]
Jul 08, 2013 (3:53 am)
The tow prep package means that the engine has the external oil cooler required for actual trailer towing. Without it, you are limited to 1500 lbs. With it, you are good for up to 3500 lbs.
Actual towing (or in your case bike rack) equipment, such as a receiver hitch and power for trailer lighting is something you have to add - this stuff does not come on the van.
1) Go to your dealership and have them add the Toyota brand 2" receiver hitch (around $350 installed).
2) Buy it yourself (I happen to like the Curt unit available on Amazon) for around $150 and install it yourself (takes an hour or so) or take it somewhere.
3) Go to a trailer place and just have them do the whole job.