Last post on Mar 15, 2012 at 9:19 AM
You are in the Honda Odyssey
What is this discussion about?
Honda Odyssey, Auto Repair, Van
Discuss routine maintenance issues here. For solving of specific problems, please check the topic list.
#332 of 745 Resetting Maintenance Minder 2006 EX
Feb 21, 2007 (8:04 am)
I have recently begun changing my own oil. I am wondering how to reset the service reminder light on the cluster maintenance minder. The owners manual just tells me that the dealer will do this when they do the service. Can anyone tell me how to do it myself?
#333 of 745 Re: Resetting Maintenance Minder 2006 EX [ghawk]
Feb 21, 2007 (8:51 am)
This is copied directly from my 2007 Odyssey Owner's Manual, probably would be the same for your 2006...
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position.
2. Press the Select/Reset knob until the engine oil life indicator is displayed.
3. Press the Select/Reset knob for about 10 seconds. The engine oil life indicator and the maintenance item code(s) will blink.
4. Press the Select/Reset knob for more than 5 seconds. The maintenance item code(s) will disappear, and the engine oil life indicator will reset to "100".
Good luck, hope it works!
#334 of 745 2006 Odyssey EX-L Owners Manual
Mar 01, 2007 (2:59 pm)
I lost mine! Does anyone know of an inexpensive place/website to get one? Thanks!
#335 of 745 Re: 2006 Odyssey EX-L Owners Manual [turnagainarm]
Mar 02, 2007 (4:42 am)
If you sign up for Honda Ownerlink, the online website to keep track of your Honda, they have a link where you can download a copy for free.
Go here and register your vehicle (you will need your VIN number). Then click on the "My Odyssey" header and you will see a link for the owner's manual.
#336 of 745 Re: 2006 Odyssey EX-L Owners Manual [speterson1]
Mar 03, 2007 (8:40 am)
Thanks for the response!
#337 of 745 2006 Odyssey Spark Plug Change
Mar 05, 2007 (1:03 am)
I was thinking of changing my plugs. I have 15k miles on it. My questions are as follows:
1. When I opened the cover, I can only see five ports for the plugs, I can't see the last one. Where can I find it?
2. The owners manal doesn't say anything on when to change it. My brother has a 2006 Civic and when he checked it, Iridium Denso plugs are installed and still in good condition. Should I have the same type of plugs?
3. If my plugs happen to be Iridium Denso, how long should it last before I change it?
#338 of 745 2006 EX-L Pulling out middle seat
Mar 05, 2007 (1:06 pm)
I went to pull my seats out on Saturday. The middle one would not come out. I ended up having to take the plastic cover off the base and pull the cables by hand to get the latch to disengage to get it out. We've only disengaged the seat once prior, and nobody has ever sat in it, so its not a wear and tear thing. Has anybody else had this happen? We're dropping the seat off at the dealer tomorrow. Has anyone had the problem and gotten any grief from the dealer about fixing it under warranty?
#339 of 745 Re: 2006 Odyssey Spark Plug Change [tonton26]
Mar 05, 2007 (1:13 pm)
Some manufacturers are saying you can get as much as 120k out of the Iridium Denso plugs. If you really drive hard, you might think about them at 30k. With 15k on a new engine those plugs are still new.
#340 of 745 Re: 2006 Odyssey Spark Plug Change [rwall10597]
Mar 09, 2007 (12:36 am)