Last post on Mar 23, 2012 at 3:08 PM
You are in the Oldsmobile Aurora
What is this discussion about?
Oldsmobile Aurora, Sedan
#4356 of 5876 Hey, post what you got...
Jun 06, 2003 (6:39 am)
I know Greg has some IRL stuff up at work, so what kind of Aurora paraphernalia do you all have? Post what you've got!
In my garage:
- framed Aurora IRL V8 in front of an American flag background poster 2'x3' (this is my fave)
- framed IRL V8 cutaway poster 2' x 3'
- framed Aurora "Race car, Pace car, Your car" poster 2' x 3'
- waxed 2002 Cherry on neutral Aurora 4.0
- The CE Aurora brochure that I'm meaning to frame
- Olds DVD with some cool Aurora footage
- framed Non-Aurora 1996 Collector's Edition Corvette convertible with a reflection of a 1959 Stingray racer (the Mirror, Mirror poster)
- Non-Aurora 50th Anniversary Corvette clock that on the hour chimes out a different exhaust sound from various Corvettes over the last 50 years (the ZR-1 is like 8:00 but is just the sound of it starting up... sort of a bummer...).
- 5" x 8" photo of the Aurora GTS-1 (#5 that won the GTS-1 class at the 24 hrs of Daytona) that I saw in Detroit.
- 5" x 8" photo of the Aurora IRL V8 that won the 1997 Indy 500 (both of these photos I'd like to get printed in 8" x 10")
- 3 pictures of the Aurora from the 2003 Oldsmobile combined brochure (can't believe they don't have a separate one for the Aurora... Glad I kept a 2002 brochure, though I wish I'd kept a 2001 since it was the nicest, but from what I understand not nearly as nice as the classic brochures).
- The CE Aurora brochure
- framed 4"x6" photo of my Aurora
- Minichamps 1:43 (HO train scale) model of the Aurora GTS-1 prototype/test car.
- Minichamps 1:43 model of the Aurora GTS-1 #1 car.
- Minichamps 1:43 model of the Aurora GTS-1 #5 car.
- The sound of my car accelerating as my Windows logon sound...
I would like to add a model of the Riley & Scott Aurora V8 WSC car, since it was the one that won overall in IMSA and at Sebring and Daytona and various other places. I've been thinking about buying some videos of the 1996 24 hours of Daytona. It must have been something to watch the Aurora fending off Max Papis and the Ferrari 333SP's. The fact that Olds also won the manufacturers championship that season is even more impressive when you consider that Ferrari had about twice the number of cars racing (I believe Olds typically fielded two cars while Ferrari fielded about four), thus many more chances to rack up manufacturer points.
Anyway, what sort of Olds stuff do you have? Maybe you'll give me some ideas!
#4357 of 5876 what I got
Jun 06, 2003 (7:06 am)
2001 Arctic white on neutral Aurora 4.0
-1995-1999 Aurora brochures
-1999 Olds range brochure
-1999? (from memory) OSV (Olds specialty vehicules)
(other brochures for the Recon, Intrigue, Bravada, Silhouette etc)
-2001 boxed press kit w/cdrom and slides
-2001 brochure (booklet)
-2001 single page brochure
-2001 test drive vhs
-2003 Olds DVD
-2001 3 book shop manual
-2001 microfiche set
-Screen saver I made
-Simulation software I wrote that simulates 0-60, 1/4 mile etc for the whole Aurora range.
-1999 Aurora 3d model and simulation model for Racer.
-1996 Riley & Scott Olds model and simulation model for Racer.
There is one guy who works as a 3D artist on movies in california who has a 2001 Aurora and he made a 3D model of it. I've been trying to contact him to see if I can use his model to make a simulation model for Racer. He has a web page which I found one day, but haven't been able to find again since...
Jun 06, 2003 (7:16 am)
What I got:
- 8" x 10" photo of the Aurora GTS-1 (#5 that won the GTS-1 class at the 24 hrs of Daytona) that RJS saw in Detroit.
- 8" x 10" photo of the Aurora IRL V8 (engine shot) that won the 1997 Indy 500 - also from RJS.
Hey man, they printed out really nice at 8 x 10 for me. Lot's of pixels in those shots. Again, I highly recommend getting these pictures from RJS - they are nice.
Also a kick-butt Indy/Aurora V8 poster that RJS sent. The %#%#(& UPS #&^*&^$(^ jerks damaged it a little but it's still really nice - framed and all at work. I swear the Samsonite Gorilla works for UPS now. They smash all my stuff.
Jun 06, 2003 (11:48 am)
You wouldn't want to share the screen saver and desktops, would you? (Assuming they're freely distributable.)
If you need a place to host them, let me know -- I can toss them up on my site.
Jun 06, 2003 (3:46 pm)
Hey, where did you get the press kit from? I've seen some on Ebay. Is it worth having? Also, what kind of R&S Aurora model did you get?
Here's my desktop at work and home. The blue blends in with the Win2K blue (I have a different blue for XP at work). If you are interested, I could size it (I use 1280x960) and blue it for you. Just send me an email:
Jun 07, 2003 (12:04 pm)
Here's my current desktop.
If anyone wants a copy click here. (1024x768, 107K) When the picture comes up - right-click and select "save picture as".
#4362 of 5876 How sweet it is!
Jun 08, 2003 (6:43 pm)
With all of the rain in the northeast for the last 3-4 months, it's been hard to keep the Aurora clean the way I like it. Finally got a shot at it today with a full cleaning and wax. I wanted to remove all of the wheels to clean all of the winter garbage from the inside of the rim before it becomes too crusted. Decided to change the oil instead!
Anyway, took the car for a ride tonite. I usually don't get to drive it (it's my wife's car). Came in the house with smiles. What smooth power these things have. Anyway, had to tell someone, everyone else is asleep.
Ah the hunt for the 500. Wish I had the money now!
Jun 09, 2003 (5:20 am)
I get a 400 error on my browser. Can't see the picture.
Jun 09, 2003 (7:29 pm)
Here's my stuff:
-I made a front license plate placard out of the Aurora V8 with flags logo.
-framed 8x10 of the Race car, pace car..
-framed 8x10 of the engine with flag background
-Imsa GTS as desktop wallpaper
-'98 Aurora GTS-1
- A Hot Wheel called a '93 Warner which looks just like an Aurora and in fact is the same car as the '97 Aurora but with a different paint scheme and the different name on the bottom of the car, actually I have a '93 Warner that's a police car also.... so what's the deal with these Warners? Was that the name of someone associated with the concept car back in '93? Anyone?
#4365 of 5876 musclecar97 can you spell
Jun 10, 2003 (6:22 pm)